Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hazor

Can somebody tell me if I have hyperpigmentation or red marks!!! - progress pictures added 11/19/2005

Posted

when i was on accutane i had a massive breakout in areas which I have never suffered in before - my jawlines. They both broke out to about the same degree... until some faggot threw a box into my right jawline which was breaking out at the time. With accutane making my skin super fragile, my right jawline formed into a 1.5 inch long red bump. This big patch of redness was and still is very smooth when you run your finger down it, unlike my normal skin texture. I have been off accutane for about 1 month, 1 week now and it formed about 3.5 months ago. I strugle to expose the right side of my face. It's still super smooth and a little bumpy. I'm getting really worried and I really need to know a treatment I can start using right away. With the circumstances that I've just came off accutane 1.25 months ago, what is the strongest treatment I can use. At the moment i'm using my moisturisor 2-3 times per day. If it was clear I would be chasing girls....... instead I have to waste months of my teen life recluse. Acne is depressing - I wish nothing like it existed.

Posted

i can relate to that feeling, maybe you could a pic up so we know exactly what we should give advice to?

Posted

when i was on accutane i had a massive breakout in areas which I have never suffered in before - my jawlines. They both broke out to about the same degree... until some faggot threw a box into my right jawline which was breaking out at the time. With accutane making my skin super fragile, my right jawline formed into a 1.5 inch long red bump. This big patch of redness was and still is very smooth when you run your finger down it, unlike my normal skin texture. I have been off accutane for about 1 month, 1 week now and it formed about 3.5 months ago. I strugle to expose the right side of my face. It's still super smooth and a little bumpy. I'm getting really worried and I really need to know a treatment I can start using right away. With the circumstances that I've just came off accutane 1.25 months ago, what is the strongest treatment I can use. At the moment i'm using my moisturisor 2-3 times per day. If it was clear I would be chasing girls....... instead I have to waste months of my teen life recluse. Acne is depressing - I wish nothing like it existed.

First off, are you complaining about having sensitive skin, or a certain spot? If it's sensitive skin... don't worry you're still on accutane technically. The accutane stays in your system months after you take the last pill. Your skin will become less sensitive over the next month or two. And yeah I understand about being a recluse during your teenage years... except in my case it wasn't just months of my teenage life wasted... it was my whole teenage years (14-19) and still going...

Posted

as DAMN and SCARED said, im not too sure what ur talking about. If u could post pics, so ppl here can help. I think ur talking about a 1.5 bump?? Thats a little big,what did ur derm say about it? One product u shouldnt use is BP, probably irritate ur skin more. IMO u might need a cream like Vitamin A(retinol) at nite and maybe in the morning use vitamin c. They restore ur skin and might heal ur face. Their good cause they wont irritate ur skin at all. The creams i have are very smooth.

Posted

Ill get a pic up soon.... ive started to take cod liver oil (with vitamin a and d)... i need some confirmation that it's safe to do so after 1 month, 1 week of accutane. 2000IU of vit a, 200IU of vit d, 275mg of cod liver oil.... is it safe!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks guyz!

Posted

here are some pictures... When you run your finger down the patch of redness it feels very smooth. It looks a lot worse person to person rather than camera.

Can somebody tell me if that looks like it's going to be permanent... I would love to get that off my chest.

post-26226-1132735211_thumb.jpg

post-26226-1132735226_thumb.jpg

post-26226-1132735237_thumb.jpg

post-26226-1132735211_thumb.jpg

post-26226-1132735226_thumb.jpg

post-26226-1132735237_thumb.jpg

Posted

Don't worry. That will go away over time. It's not that noticable. And for goodness sakes, go out. You look great.

Posted

That will absolutely go away over time, but if you want to do something to treat it ask your dermatologist if there is anything you can do in the meantime. Of course you can't be too agressive with your skin right after accutane but they may be able to recommend something to help it out.

It's not permanent though so try not to dwell on it, and it really doesn't look bad at all.

Posted

You're having it on the most unobvious places, so just get over it!

Posted

can i take vitamin a now?

Posted

Hazor and whoever read this:

Honestly, your redmarks are not highly visible and will go with time!

You must realise that this forum is filled with so called 'cures'. Blindly attempting any of those will get you to the state I'm in right now.

I've been getting acne for a while. My skin had very potent healing ability and redmarks used to vanish within weeks. About 9 months ago, I had a severe breakout and I got so obsessed I tried MANY of the 'cures' circulating the forum. Honeys, Baking powders, egg white you name it. I did so much damage to my skin I literally crippled it's healing ability, that even a small zit gives me a mark that last for months!

Trust me your redmarks are fine!

Posted

Honestly, your redmarks are not highly visible and will go with time!

You must realise that this forum is filled with so called 'cures'. Blindly attempting any of those will get you to the state I'm in right now.

I've been getting acne for a while. My skin had very potent healing ability and redmarks used to vanish within weeks. About 9 months ago, I had a severe breakout and I got so obsessed I tried MANY of the 'cures' circulating the forum. Honeys, Baking powders, egg white you name it. I did so much damage to my skin I literally crippled it's healing ability, that even a small zit gives me a mark that last for months!

Trust me your redmarks are fine!

If you have sensitive skin, I wouldn't advise retional products.

Posted

honestly the rest of your face looks so baby smooth i would think that was shave bumbs. i'm a girl and i were to see you out i wouldn't even think twice about it. you cant let that hold you back. please cheer up

Posted

grow a beard. ladies like lumberjacks.

Posted

takes me weeks 2 grow facial hair... even then its only bum fluf

can i take vitamin a now?

Posted

Exfoiliate using jessica's method and that should heal in a matter of weeks.

lol it takes you 2 weeks to grow bum fluf. Takes me 3-4 days to grow a full beard and i hate fuking shaving, keep getting ingrown hairs on my neck really irritating

Posted

whats the link for that?

Posted

About 9 months ago, I had a severe breakout and I got so obsessed I tried MANY of the 'cures' circulating the forum. Honeys, Baking powders, egg white you name it. I did so much damage to my skin I literally crippled it's healing ability, that even a small zit gives me a mark that last for months!

Yeah I agree stay away from the cures!! I tried so many things on here.. and for a while I thought it was working.. but then my skin just kept looking more and more like shit.. NO MORE.. That's it.. I'm staying to the regimen my derm gave me.. he knows what he's doing.. and I probably just made my skin worse.. because now even my small pimples leave marks.. and my pimples take like 2 weeks to heal.. They used to heal in a matter of days.. GAH what was I thinking?! :wall:

So yeah stay away from the cures.. All except for the vitamins and drinking water and such.. Those things are actually good for you.. and don't leave your skin destroyed..

Posted

thats what it was like for me before accutane................... now nothing heals? I'm wondering how long accutane takes to fully get out of your system assuming you don't treat your body as well as you could. My lips arn't dry but healing wise, how long does it take to get 100% gone. Thanks!

Posted

I dont know if this makes you feel better, but I have never taken accutane and my skin has been fragile - all the time.

When something hits me on the face, a new pimple IMMEDIATELY form. You can see the red bump and the next day it will develop into a full pimple. Even if something just lightly touch the skin, new zit... how amazing is that!

One time I fell asleep on my study table and bam..... a massive load of zits form on my left cheek.

And to make my life even more miserable, all the zits leave red marks which do NOT heal even after years. So my face is now FULL of redmarks... an accumulation through the years.

I'm 18 and I'm pretty sure my face full of red marks will even be fuller.

Makes me want to ask.... why me? :cry:

Posted

Hey hazor,

I have almost the same EXACT problem as you. How long have you had your marks now and what have you been using to treat it?

At the moment, I have no clue what you use anymore. I think I might just start exfloiting or something. Let me know what you use. Thanks bro.

Posted

I'm just using moisturisor 2 or 3 times per day. It's been about 3-4 months since the breakout... never had anything there before accutane which makes me wonder. How long have you had it?

Posted

will weed affect the ability for the skin to heal efficiently in relation to the fact that i'm still "techniqually" on accutane.

Posted

Mine started in March 2005. I had it for like 4-5 months until August and it faded the majority of it until like the end of october. Then I jus stopped using any medications at all because I got tired of it and it broke me out and now I have some marks at the exact same spot as yours.