Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
change

Acne on subconscious VS conscious levels!

OKay... Hey all!

This, to my knowledge, has not been any kind of research subject... Just my very own observations...

Latelly, I've been trying to learn a little from my dreams. I've been trying to remember them and have more lucid dreams...

Anyways, in my dreams, acne does not affect me! I can walk around with no shirts on! I can look people in the eyes without beeing shamefull of how my face looks... Acne is just not on my mind! Witch on the contrary is ALWAYS on my mind in my real living life.

What this tells me, is that acne (at least mine) is only a matter of conscious beeing...

On the subconscious level, my more impulsive and animal side, I just don't give a crap... It's actually very interesting to me because usually the big problems one have start on the subconscious level... But not with acne, in my case it's really just a matter on conscious life... I know it's there and I know how it affects me...

Therefore, the big question I'm left with is... How can a conscious problem affect me so much? How can a conscious problem cause depression and make us feel so shitty?

Plz write what you think of this!

Is acne in your dreams?

OKay... Hey all!

This, to my knowledge, has not been any kind of research subject... Just my very own observations...

Latelly, I've been trying to learn a little from my dreams. I've been trying to remember them and have more lucid dreams...

Anyways, in my dreams, acne does not affect me! I can walk around with no shirts on! I can look people in the eyes without beeing shamefull of how my face looks... Acne is just not on my mind! Witch on the contrary is ALWAYS on my mind in my real living life.

What this tells me, is that acne (at least mine) is only a matter of conscious beeing...

On the subconscious level, my more impulsive and animal side, I just don't give a crap... It's actually very interesting to me because usually the big problems one have start on the subconscious level... But not with acne, in my case it's really just a matter on conscious life... I know it's there and I know how it affects me...

Therefore, the big question I'm left with is... How can a conscious problem affect me so much? How can a conscious problem cause depression and make us feel so shitty?

Is acne in your dreams?

how do i review all my past postings? sorry, this is off topic. i will delete shortly.

Wow.. actually now that I think of it.. Acne doesn't typically bother me in my dreams either.. Actually I'm pretty sure I don't have pimples or red marks on my skin in my dreams.. and my skin doesn't affect my actions in my dreams neither..usually..But there are the rare occasions where I actually dream ABOUT acne.. but other then dreams ABOUT my skin.. My skin problems usually just aren't there.. :think: I never realized that before.. odd

Interesting thought!

If that is true then surely if we are able to become more aware of our subconsious, and learn to focus on who we are rather than what our skin is like, things should clear up? If our thoughts are no longer manifesting images of us with horrendous skin and lowered self esteem then we should not be bothered by it in consious reality. Positive thinking to the extreme eh!!

Mind over matter! I am gonna try this one, not gonna cost me a penny either!

OKay... Hey all!

Is acne in your dreams?

Very interesting. My perspective on this...the reason why a conscious problem such as acne affects us so much is because we are aware that we are not the only ones conscious of it. I dont know about you guys, but when i was a child, I didnt have a care in the world. It didnt matter how bad I looked or how crazy I was, I just reacted as a human would, and I really enjoyed my life not really caring what other people thought. I believe that in our dreams, our actions and behaviors are our true selves without the distractions of society, therefore things that would normally phase us in the real world due to the critiques of society (acne) wouldnt be an issue in our dreams. If youre willing to sort of go back to that "child-like" mentality, you'd feel less shitty and probably 10 times better about life, but you'd seem different and most of us arent willing to take that chance because all we really wanna do is blend in, especially if we're suffering from acne. I think it goes deeper than that though...something to really think about. :think:

You might try to look into lucid dreaming techniques.

They can be quite entertaining to say the least.

The Viking Youth Power Hour(A podcast by a rather bizarre group)

had quite a good podcast on it.

they can be found at the feedlot.org

also erowid.org has some written techniques on it.

I notice also that I don't have nearly as much acne if I look in the mirror when I'm quite drunk.

or not quite in this reality as such :shhh:.

**note the VYPH have nothing to do with the white power wingnuts who call themselves the viking youth.

and for those of you who go to burning man, they had Radio Valhalla there.

SOCIETY MY DEAR!!! The pressures to look "beautiful" (just take a look at ANY magazine and you will get the definition of that one). It is sad, but true. I find it is only those lucky ones that get acne...yes i said it...we are lucky...because on average we are the ones that tend to have a deeper character...a deeper emotional base. We can relate. Sympathize. It is very hard, yes, but as long as we have the support of eachother, all will be well. WE WILL SURVIVE ;) !!!!

SOCIETY MY DEAR!!! The pressures to look "beautiful" (just take a look at ANY magazine and you will get the definition of that one). It is sad, but true. I find it is only those lucky ones that get acne...yes i said it...we are lucky...because on average we are the ones that tend to have a deeper character...a deeper emotional base. We can relate. Sympathize. It is very hard, yes, but as long as we have the support of eachother, all will be well. WE WILL SURVIVE ;) !!!!

amen :clap:

How it breaks my heart

i have forgoten what it is like to look at people in the face

to walk outside in the sunshine

meet friends for coffee

I have learnd to use my hair to hide my face

conveniently able to look down at the pappers on my desk when a co-worker is talking to me

I feel chained to my own shame

this is my frist posting

the frist time I have let my heart speak of this pain so deep inside

I can see it every time I look into the mirror

everytime I buy a new product I hope maybe this one will be the one

If i don't eat this or I do this maybe it will work :pray:

Stubbling upon this web site was the best thing I feel liberated to post

my deeply scard emotions with those who can relate

who understand

thank you

Very interesting. My perspective on this...the reason why a conscious problem such as acne affects us so much is because we are aware that we are not the only ones conscious of it. I dont know about you guys, but when i was a child, I didnt have a care in the world. It didnt matter how bad I looked or how crazy I was, I just reacted as a human would, and I really enjoyed my life not really caring what other people thought. I believe that in our dreams, our actions and behaviors are our true selves without the distractions of society, therefore things that would normally phase us in the real world due to the critiques of society (acne) wouldnt be an issue in our dreams. If youre willing to sort of go back to that "child-like" mentality, you'd feel less shitty and probably 10 times better about life, but you'd seem different and most of us arent willing to take that chance because all we really wanna do is blend in, especially if we're suffering from acne. I think it goes deeper than that though...something to really think about. :think:

I guess thats it... It would be pretty much exactly like someone walking around with an 'abused child' sign on is face... Thats why it sucks so much, it's a problem exposed to everyone so they can judge... Fuck that sucks...

I think there could be somekind of compromise between child subconscious living and concious living... It is very possible to just have bad skin and not care and still not be marginalized... Still blend in, without behing somekind of freak...

Thats the smartess, best thing to do... but Jesus how hard that is..

You might try to look into lucid dreaming techniques.

They can be quite entertaining to say the least.

The Viking Youth Power Hour(A podcast by a rather bizarre group)

had quite a good podcast on it.

they can be found at the feedlot.org

also erowid.org has some written techniques on it.

I notice also that I don't have nearly as much acne if I look in the mirror when I'm quite drunk.

or not quite in this reality as such :shhh:.

Yeah lucid dreaming is the most ammazing thing ever! It's has real has real life thats whats so interesting about it... I can physicaly fly in a lucid dream and it would probably be the same experience of flying in real live... I can taste, smell, touch, make love, get hurt, see and ear... I find that ammazing...

I'm familiar with erowid.org, but not for the lucid dreaming techniques... I've posted a few experiences of mine on a few elements of life there... Great site!

I agree 100% to that... Acne and depression really got my brains and thinking process working 100 times more that before it... I can now deal with human relations much easier and be a much better person... I guess I should be greateful... But I'm not really... If I could be the one to stab acne in the heart for everyone I would do it with no pity... Fucking acne... lol

fuck! were in reality! stop dreaming motherfuckers! lets find a fucking cure! and fucking shine bright!

Before finding a cure... you must know the problem... I'm trying to figure what it is...

Quoted from Newguy on emotional thread. If you missed it here. Some words are missed spelled .

Acne :

Is it cureable or is someone hideing the cure? I find it hard to believe acne will ever be cured. It is hard to define on why acne is not able to be cured as of now. We have the cure for almost everything in todays timeline. From small pox to certain types of cancers. Still acne exists into todays population. Its not a small percentage either. 9 out of 10 people get a form of acne, some less noticable to the eye and some more noticable by others. The ones who do get acne in the form of red bumps or contigious marks threwout the body can also go under a great deal of Pyschological pain. No matter who you are, acne will effect your mind. I believe acne does start from the brain. Since the brain is a matter that has yet to be broken or deciphered. Who's to say acne doesn't start from the way you think.

From the first time you get acne and notice it. You will realize you have something that you wished you've never had. Acne can burn an image in your head of yourself. Makeing you more anxious not to have what you got. Can start at the first sight or even the first time you tend that foreign object placed on you. This then sets in a chain of events threw Psychology. Now, realizeing you got acne is probably the worst situation to under-estimate. I would typically blame stress for acne but not. Thats just the small part of it, but about the chain of events you will go threw. Theres noticeing - tending - cureing - stress - pictured image - embarrassment - depression. Soon as depression hits, you start over. At first it wont be as overwelhming. Each chain of events can be small to rangeing from long term determining how long acne persists.

To verify on my chain. I took a long consideration not to miss a beat. The brain works 24 hours and 7 day a week. When you are unconcious or awake. It never stops. Whatever you are dwelling on, you will think more of it while unconcious. You might not notice it unless proven. To prove that your dreams can work in a more scientific way. Read a riddle without knowing the answer before you go to sleep at night. When you wakeup, write down the first thing you can remember in your dream. Then compare your findings to the answer of the riddle. You will find it very close in relations. This is based on Sigmund Freud's theory.

Whats not to say stress, the thought of acne , pictured image ect does go with you while you are unconcious. This is why acne is more prone to develope under sleep. There are cases where acne will develope or "Mature" during concious stages. Usually it happens during embarrassment, knowing how you look, and stress. Remember, your brain is still in the chain. You might not be in general but you are constantly thinking of it.

Dureing the cureing stage, you will try whatever is necessary to aid or heal acne. Maybe constant showers, over use of counter products ect. I beleive, once you start to "think" your acne is healing. It will start to heal itself. Not saying acne products are useless, they are a good source of starting to feeling that you are accoumplishing what has Psychologically destroyed you as a person. This is why acne products never continue with results after you refuse to use it. It will do its job but you need to do your job.

Conclusion: Once you start manageing the way you think about your acne, I almost guaruntee your acne will be cured.

This is just from my point of view from what I found , seen, what I went threw and how remarkable I nolonger had it from unknown causes. What I posted has not been tested or worked on in a Lab. Just my opinion and contraversal theory. This is mainly directed to teenagers. Roscea or other harsher forms of acne can have more than Pyschological problems.

Conclusion: Once you start manageing the way you think about your acne, I almost guaruntee your acne will be cured.

When you think about it though, acne is just something that happened unexpected so it wasnt even on our minds when we got our first pimples. Yet it showed up anyway. I do think acne might react to emotion which is connected to the mind and thats why things like stress can lead to acne.

But how would one manage the way they think about acne?? Just curious

I guess thats it... It would be pretty much exactly like someone walking around with an 'abused child' sign on is face... Thats why it sucks so much, it's a problem exposed to everyone so they can judge... Fuck that sucks...

I think there could be somekind of compromise between child subconscious living and concious living... It is very possible to just have bad skin and not care and still not be marginalized... Still blend in, without behing somekind of freak...

We're taught that being a "freak",looking and acting different from the crowd, is wrong. And then we are put in the category of being a "freak" if we dont act like we're ashamed of our skin or just ashamed of being different. If you categorize it as being a freak then no, you cant still blend in without being considered one. But is it so wrong. These so called freaks are some really bold admirable people. I wish I could be a freak but I dont have the guts.