Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Has anyone took just minocycline and have it clear up your face completely and have not a single pimple after your treatment was over because i have moderate acne and i just want to no if it is a waste of time taking this med if it just all comes back anyways. or if i should go on TANE but remember i have not horrible acne just moderate like alot of small bumps

I know that this doesn't help a whole lot, but I have been on doxy for almost 6 weeks with very little results. I have asked the same thing and from the answers I got is that the acne more than likely does come back. BUT- I would do the full dose because different things work for different people. Then, if it does not work, you can accurately say to the derm that since it didn't clear it up, or it came back, you want Accutane.

I'm on mino right now (100mg twice daily). I think it's starting to affect my gums. They're getting darker. Oh well.

I can't really tell if it's working or not because I'm also on Retin-A Micro, so hrmmm.

Just Mino?

I'm on Minocycline (100mg twice a day) & Benzaclin (topical gel) I had small cysts on my chin and alot of pimples, basically one huge breakout from football, "beneficial" results show up 3 weeks, it been just about 2 weeks and my chin is free from cysts and almost every pimple is gone.

Now I have to keep putting Benzaclin to kill anymore bacteria and redmarks n shit. Its all good though.

Two years ago, I had minor acne. I took mino and was pretty clear. Then not long ago I had severe acne, tried it again, but it wasn't strong enough. It would probably work for u since you only have moderate acne.

i used minocin for about a year cleared me up pretty well but then like all anti biotics your body adapts to them and they stop working as good,i then went onto doxy which was no way as good as minocin,minocin is a decent drug and should help you out

I'm on minocycline and i'm pretty clear, i'll get the occasional pimple but it usually goes away in a day or so. I've taken it before and it cleared me up then as well. The mino is good for when you get flare ups, for me certain times of year seem to trigger them (i'm enviromentally and hormonally sensitive) When i finally go off mino i'll probably have to take it again, which doesn't bother me. Its very non-invasive for me and takes care of problems when they develop. I would never even consider accutane. My condition is too mild. But i understand that sometimes things just come in cycles! its not the worst thing in the world.

mino might not clear you up completely but it will decrease the inflammation which is what you want if you're going through a flare up! (smaller pimples that go away faster!)