Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
futurehope

Need Help for a Foundation for my Daughter!!!

Hello, I have decided to go ahead a let my 13 year old daughter wear a little foundation to cover her acne. She has moderate acne on her cheeks. They are the kind that are smaller and round, they just lie there forever, never go away, and never come to a head. VERY STUBBORN!!!

We have been running into problems, everything we seem to try leaves her face PASTY and DRY and just makes everything look worse. I have noticed other girls at her school have the same problem when trying to cover their acne. I would love some advice on a good foundation that will not do this!! Also, something that will not make her breakout worse. I cannot go to expensive either. Just do not have the $$$$.

Thanks for all of your help!!!!!

I so understand, I had to figure all that foundation stuff without a mom helping me. I've tried basically all the cheap drug store kinds but the best is by Estee Lauder Equalizer foundation( at department stores). It is for oily and dry skin so if u just put a small amount on it will cover things up well. Ask the lady at the counter if they can do a color match also, just to make sure u get the exact right shade. Good luck. OH and the price is 35.00 *about 40.00 with tax) for a 1 Fl. oz bottle which lasts for about half a year to a good full year. Its definitly worth the money because it lasts longer and looks better. Good luck. :)

I like Almay Clear Complexion foundation. The stuff looks very natural and covers very well so I can fool anyone into thinking I'm clear! It is hypo-allergenic, non-comedogenic, non-irritating and fragrance free. It has a small concentration of salicylic acid in it which is supposed to help fight acne. And it's not very expensive either - I pay ~ $10 canadian for it. And it stays fresh-looking all day! :D

Guest Mish Mosh

Mineral makeup is the only way forward and to break this cycle. Liquid makeup clogs pores. Even the oil free stuff.

I used oil free liquid max factor and almay for 15 yrs. My skin was a mess.

I now nearly clear after dumping it for mineral makeup (I have a couple of small red scars - no spots!). It is natural looking and stays on all day. I use Melange from Melange.com

Hello, I have decided to go ahead a let my 13 year old daughter wear a little foundation to cover her acne. She has moderate acne on her cheeks. They are the kind that are smaller and round, they just lie there forever, never go away, and never come to a head. VERY STUBBORN!!!

We have been running into problems, everything we seem to try leaves her face PASTY and DRY and just makes everything look worse. I have noticed other girls at her school have the same problem when trying to cover their acne. I would love some advice on a good foundation that will not do this!! Also, something that will not make her breakout worse. I cannot go to expensive either. Just do not have the $$$$.

Thanks for all of your help!!!!!

Make sure your daughter is using moisturizer daily! I know that for me when I have a few pimples it feels gross to put on moisturizer, but it helps. I like oil of olay's complete moisturizer (it's oil free which is a plus). Dry skin can lead to breakouts and it also makes makeup look disgusting. I think almay's wake up call is fine, and clear complexion has been rated well, they are also relatively cheap. I think the majority of young girls don't know how to apply makeup which is the problem. If she puts on moisturizer and immediately puts on foundation it will go on much more smoothly. A foundation brush is a pretty good investment as well.

In terms of her skin, I don't know if this is the case with her, but I used to use a lot of products on my skin in hopes of making it look perfect. I find that now that I stick to less makeup, a good moisturizer daily and at night, exfoliating once or twice a week, and only using a pimple product when necessary that my skin looks great. Have her take a ziplock baggie and put in a piece of ice, hold it to her face [alternate places to get the whole face] and do this until the ice has melted. Do this twice a day after showering or washing face, it helps breakouts. Her kind of acne sounds like stubborn little clogged pores, try doing an oatmeal and honey scrub or a baking soda scrub twice a week.

i would recommend Almay Clear Complexion.

it looks natural and covers redness/scars nicely too! tell your daughter to use her fingers to apply it, and dab it on and then even it out softly. sponges make foundation look worse in my opinion.

Guest Mish Mosh
use a hydrating foundation

ouch!! no no no!!

acne in a tube or what?!