Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello all. I'd be very grateful if I could have some advice on this scar on my jawline. I got it four months ago from picking (shame on me, I know). It became this huge ugly raised scar. I've tried Mederma, Neosporin sheets, Scarzone, but nothing works. It hasn't gotten flatter at all. Right now the texture has improved, and the purple changed to red, but the size and thickness is still the same as it was four months ago. So frustrating! I'd much rather have a depressed scar than this ugly thing.

You could have it excised or get a series of kenalog shots...or maybe some other type of shot. I have tried kenalog on my keloid scar and there is definite improvement, I have had two shots and I think now I only need one more and it will be flat. The only problem is that one edge of it has gone below the normal level of my skin, it's like part of it is becoming a depressed scar. I guess my point being that I'm not sure kenalog would be best for your face (my scar is on my belly, and not normally visible). Kenalog shots are pretty cheap, my derm $20, although I think Keithr23 had to pay $75.

nope, it's still pretty red. but there are some bleaching agents you can use, right? I forgot to ask my derm what she would suggest, do you know?

Hm... excision sounds kinda scary. The kenalog shots sound interesting though. I'm just scared about making my scar worse than it is. Should I wait for the redness to fade or is getting the shot sooner better?

I would just get the shot. It will immediately help with the bump, the redness on mine isn't going to fade on its own, I've had the scar for 1 year now. I am going to have to use hydroquinone or something...so I don't know why you would wait for the redness to fade. Ask your derm if you are concerned.