Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hollaman

Mole Removal Scar

I know this is predominately an acne forum, but I'm sure some of you have some experience with this...

I had a mole biopsy on my face, and it's been about a year now and it has left a still indented red scar. It's annoying bc although the mole is gone, the area is still a different color than the rest of my face.

Anyways, I went back to the derm and they want to smoothbeam it, and in the meantime say I should use silicone sheets to fill in the crater. My question is, "Will the smoothbeam work, and is it worth the money" and "are there any fade creams or other products that I should look into?"

Answers from people w/ experience would greatly be appreciated, thanks for your time.

I know this is predominately an acne forum, but I'm sure some of you have some experience with this...

I had a mole biopsy on my face, and it's been about a year now and it has left a still indented red scar. It's annoying bc although the mole is gone, the area is still a different color than the rest of my face.

Anyways, I went back to the derm and they want to smoothbeam it, and in the meantime say I should use silicone sheets to fill in the crater. My question is, "Will the smoothbeam work, and is it worth the money" and "are there any fade creams or other products that I should look into?"

Answers from people w/ experience would greatly be appreciated, thanks for your time.

Silicone sheets will not fill in a crater, they are meant mainly for raised scars. Are the edges sharp or smooth? There are no creams that will make a significant change IMO. Smoothbeam as most all lasers in general will be a crapshoot if you read the posts on this forum and if it does work it will still take several treatments to make a noticeable improvement. I think your alternatives are subcision, fillers, excision or TCA cross. Read the FAQ if you are unfamiliar with these terms.