Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
imbue

Just Had TCA and subscion

I had TCA and subscion done today by Dr Rapaport. He TCA’d about 60 small shallow pits and only 16 small scars that were subscized. His med tech forgot to numb a couple of my scars for sunscion and it hurt quite a bit. Otherwise the only pain I felt was from the lidocaine injections. As we have heard from others he pressed firmly into the pits with a wooden applicator. I didn’t hear any popping with the subscion so I may not do it again. I will just try needling those scars maybe.

I decided not to bother with Nlite because he has not given me a scientific rational as to how it works with TCA. He has only been doing this procedure for 5 months and can only do it every 6-8 weeks so how would he know that fewer treatments are necessary with Nlite too. I think it has more to do with making money then anything else. After I told his sales rep I wasn’t doing Nlite she said I needed to come back tomorrow for a check up anyway, so I will. I think the added Nlite treatment is very savvy way of making an extra $650.00 while he is following up anyway. I only plan on spending a 4000.00 on my face this year. Maybe 2-3 TCA treatments(2500), 2 treatments laser treatments for some veins from my Rosecea (1000), a couple of needling sessions(300+) with Frank and finally a medium full face TCA peel(500+). That’s my plan anyway!

Hey good luck with all that, it sounds like a decent plan.

Did you feel any pressure from them to do the laser after you decided to pass on it?

By the way, hows your work situation, are you able to take all this time off?

Did you feel any pressure from them to do the laser after you decided to pass on it?

Poohman

No they didn't pressure me and I don't think they will because of what I pointed out above. He can't even prove it with experince since he has only been doing it for 5 months.

By the way, hows your work situation, are you able to take all this time off?

I'm an RN and work weekends, holidays and evenings, so they have to give me sometime off. I'm only taking 4 days off and I already warned everyone at work about how I might look. It's mostly small scars around the corners of my mouth.

imbue....I'm getting the same exact thing done by Dr Rapaport on Thursday. What exactly does your face look like right now after the procedure? Really puffed and swollen maybe? And are the spots where he used the TCA really red?

imbue....I'm getting the same exact thing done by Dr Rapaport on Thursday. What exactly does your face look like right now after the procedure? Really puffed and swollen maybe? And are the spots where he used the TCA really red?

My scars are very small and all grouped together at the corners of my mouth and a few on my chin. Right now the TCA spots are all red from the red marker and the 12 small subcsion spots are blue from blue marker.

Thanks so much Maya! :)

Poohman how long did it take for the magic marker to wear off?

I think two or three days for the marker to go away completely. Its so hard to tell what was red marker and what was red from the TCA. Also the blue was confusing cause you weren't sure if it was bruising from the subcision or just marker.

When you get the laser your not allowed to wash your face until the next day, so I looked like a mess.

Well, I will do this treatment again because I've seen some results and I have hope today even though I'm still red in some areas. :)/

I prefer to stick to treatments that won’t damage my skin.

Max be happy...