Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
titan44

Should i use retin a and bp gel or just retin a?

Hi, im using retin a 0.01% gel at nite and bp 2.5% in the morning. Should i take out the bp gel because my skin is still flaring up. I could then use retin a twice a day? Any ideas?

Hi, im using retin a 0.01% gel at nite and bp 2.5% in the morning. Should i take out the bp gel because my skin is still flaring up. I could then use retin a twice a day? Any ideas?

i wouldn't use them both. waaaaaay too irritating.

in fact, retin-a alone used to make my skin burn like krazy.

i wouldn't use them both. waaaaaay too irritating.

in fact, retin-a alone used to make my skin burn like krazy.

Totally agree. Adding things with Retin-A is generally not a good idea because Retin-A makes your skin so sensitive. The only topical thing that my derm has ever added when I was using Retin-A were topical antibiotics (Cleocin-T for example). Nothing that would be drying though.

ok thanks a lot guys, ill just use the retin a then, thought i wos clearing up the other day afta bein on retin a for bout 25 days, gess not cos 2day i got tonnes more spots :(

I use Benzamycin Cream in the daytime and Retin A 0.01% at night, i use a facial scrub most mornings to get rid of the skin that the Retin A is flaking off, but i'm not harsh wit it, very gentle.

All i can say is........STICK with Retin A, it takes anything from 4-9 weeks to see a good improvement, i've started to see brilliant results for the acne on my cheeks after 5weeks. I have not missed a day in 5 weeks of using Retin A and benzamycin.

It really is helping me alot, i'm still getting the odd tiny pimple, but nothing large anymore which is good.

DO NOT give up, least give it 2months and keep using it providing your skin can take it.

I wash with clearasil for sensitive skin before i apply any of my topical treatments, plenty of warm water, pat my skin dry, leave it for 5 mins or so, then apply the retin a.

I use about half a pee in size for each cheek, maybe a little more, its rubs in very easy so be quick to apply it to where ever your acne is else it might all absorb into 1 plce quickly, therefore you'll need more to treat other areas, which you shouldn't need to do.