Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
betty s

Dairy Causes Acne?

I agree that dairy effects skin - at the end of the day it is another animals juice right? Would you drink pig juice? Would you milk a domestic animal and drink that? :naughty:

No - Exactly - its just that society has taught us that it is ok with cows, sheep and goats for some strange reason!!

First, cows, goats, and sheep are domestic animals. Second, I wouldn't drink pig's milk, dog's milk, or cat's milk, no. But not because I think they aren't healthy. I wouldn't eat them because I consider them gross. I don't eat dog or cat meat for the same reason. I think it'd be gross, but that's not the same as saying it's unhealthy.

I think Soy is also not great for acne, it is relatively high in copper which competes for absorption with zinc. Zinc we all know is essential for healthy skin so Soy milk might not be good either! :think:

Where do you get your info from? A cup of soy milk has about 14% of the RDA for copper. That's not especially high.

Stay away from white or creamy coloured foods seems sensible!!

Doing a little research seems more sensible.

Hey Jorg, I like reading your posts. Good to have some knowledge thrown in with the surmising.

I am a little confused why people go on about milk coming from pregnant cows. Now dairy farming may be completely different in the states, but over here, a cow starts producing milk AFTER it gives birth. And it produces a LOT of milk. So the majority of the milk volume comes from the cows those 5 months after they have given birth and before they are impregnated again. The cows here normally get impregnated around december, and then they get dried off in april. The milk that a cow gives when they are pregnant is not as much as when it has given birth. So the people who spout on about the hormones that people are drinking from the milk they get from pregnant cows, are not considering that most of the cows producing the majority of that milk will not be pregnant.

Hey Jorg, I like reading your posts. Good to have some knowledge thrown in with the surmising.

Glad you like them. It just bugs me that there's so many people throwing out theories that either they've come up with but have nothing to back it up with, or someone else came up with and spread (and again, has nothing to back it up with).

People who get their info from PETA or crazy health nuts should evaluate the info they're getting better. If the facts don't agree, you need to realize something's wrong with the info.

And good point about the cows, too.