Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kittenkaboodle

What moisturizer to get?

I have been on the regimen for just over 2 weeks, and I am just about of moisturizer. I need an honest opinion in terms of the best moisturizer....I'm looking for one:

doesn't clump or glob up

does not sting or dry when applied (sounds weird, but it happens!)

very very mild

hydrates REALLY well

is available in a normal store (haha I mean no origins store or something like that)

lastly, if it helped with red spots, that would be a double plus!

Thanks!

i like neutrogena oil free for sensitive skin. doesn't seem to clump, does not burn. a little expensive, though (close to $11)

I really like cliniques gel moisturizer. Its really lightweight and dries quickly never leaves my skin feeling oily or gross. Its around 23 dollars, but ive had the same bottle of mine for nearly a year and still have half left.

i like neutrogena oil free for sensitive skin. doesn't seem to clump, does not burn. a little expensive, though (close to $11)

I agree... this is what I use. I don't think $12 is expensive for a good moisturizer that will last you 6 months. If you need an SPF, try Prescriptives All You Need for Oily Skin ($40!)

Neutrogena Moisture or

Neutrogena Moisture SPF15.

doesn't halp with the red marks, but hydrates perfectly with no side effects.

Neutrogena Moisture or

Neutrogena Moisture SPF15.

doesn't halp with the red marks, but hydrates perfectly with no side effects.

I found Neutrogena Moisture with SPF to be horribly greasy. I am very oily, and this made me look ridiculous! If you are very oily and want an SPF, you may just have to shell out the big bucks for Prescriptives... The Body Shop Seaweed Oil Free Moisturizer with SPF 15 is pretty good for under $20...

Neutrogena always made me red and gave me a bit of a greasy look. It also stung when I applied it. It moisturized well, and you may not have a problem with it, but once I started using Complex 15...what a difference. The only thing with Complex 15 is that if you're flaking heavily you may have to apply it pretty generously. And it doesn't have SPF.

im using dove sensitive essentials day lotion. its alot better then any neutrogena moisturizer ive used.

im using dove sensitive essentials day lotion. its alot better then any neutrogena moisturizer ive used.

I had a sample of this and really liked it, but I didn't know if it's oil free and I'm paranoid that after awhile, it will make me break out.

right now im using neutrogena visibly even because of the spf factor, and also because it claims to lighten up dark spots..and i'm concerned about hyperpigmentation. its working well so far.. a bit expensive for the amount they give you though, i guess.

If you've seen my post about Neutragena you will see that a few people had the same reaction as me - burning sensation and face turning red. I've been using this for almost a week and no improvement. I have combination skin - the T zone is normal to oily and my cheeks are dry. The Nutragena doesn't seem to absorb so well and my skin feels oily. If you can get a sample - try this product b/f buying it. Most people seem to like it but there are definetly some who have the same reaction as me.

I had a sample of this and really liked it, but I didn't know if it's oil free and I'm paranoid that after awhile, it will make me break out.

That one broke me out...

I really liked the smell though.

Cetaphil 15 SPF moisturises great. Eucerin somehow dried me out and so did Neutrogena Healthy Skin lotion with glycolic acid (dried me out much worse), so I'm back to Cetaphil 15 SPF forever lol. If you use enough, it keeps you moisturised very well. I use about 8 pumps in total for the entire face, it takes long to obsorb completely though if you use that much (about 10 - 15 minutes).

To reduce irritation from these moisturizers, it's most fitting to rub it around your face VERY gently & slowly.

how come eucerin is being discontinued? Are all of their moisturizers being discontinued, or just that particular one...I just bought some a couple days ago and really like it so far...

NOoooooooooo

But seriously, knowing these companies, my guess is that they'll merely reformulate it slightly and repackage it as something new they can advertise in an attempt to draw new customers.

If the above is true, just get the new version of it when it comes out.

If not, ? - sorry, this was by far my favorite moisturizer of the large number I've tried.

I do sometimes mix a little of Aqua Glycolic's body lotion (14% glycolic acid) in with it in order to fade my old red spots faster (it also works wonders on old leg wound scars - rollerblades + steep cobblestone road followed by gravel patch don't mix). I don't like the thick consistency of that one alone though, but it does seems to absorb quickly. If I couldn't get my Eucerin skin renewal, I'd probably just use the Aqua Glycolic. They make a face moisturizer as well, but it's more expensive per ounce, so I tried out the body stuff first. Aqua Glycolic products are available in Eckerds (a pharmacy chain) - I've only seen them there in my area (not at Walgreens or Rite-Aid).