Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
simply me

Pictures of my scars...

Hey everyone...

This is the link to the link to the pictures of my scars

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...cmd=si&img=6765

Could you please tell me what kind of scaring I have?

Could you aslo comment if this kind of scaring is permanent and what are the treatment methods that you would recommend for my scars.

Thanks so much for your time.

Any comment would be much appreciated.

I think that TCA CROSS would be very beneficial for you, if you can find a doc/derm near you who offers that procedure. Your skin isn't bad at all, you just have a few ice-pick type scars and some scarred pores. I suggest that you do a search for a doc/derm near you that offers TCA CROSS.

I think you will get a lot of improvement from any of the common treatments......peels, lasers, retin-a, etc....I don't think yours are deep scars...

i hardly see a thing, just looks like minor scared pores at most to me...

Its nothin at all, wish it were my skin,

He speaks the truth..... It just look like you have enlarged pores... I don't even see any scars.... you shouldn't do anything, I mean seriously... I'd probably kill someone to have your skin. How do you figure you have scars???! ...Jeez... so unappreciative... :(

I am not down playing your scars but they are very minimal and probably 80% of the population has that level of scarring somewhere on their face. From my experience I would leave it alone because anything that might provide improvement could make your situation worse.

I am not down playing your scars but they are very minimal and probably 80% of the population has that level of scarring somewhere on their face. From my experience I would leave it alone because anything that might provide improvement could make your situation worse.

I have scared pores as well, and was wondering why you believe any procedure listed in this thread (TCA cross, etc) could make our situation worse?

I have scared pores as well, and was wondering why you believe any procedure listed in this thread (TCA cross, etc) could make our situation worse?

Just my 2 cents: There was a member on here a while back (his name escapes me) who tried TCA cross on some of his scars and posted some pics in the gallery. Some of his scars looked noticeably worse. I think he was the same guy that accidentally spilled some TCA on his cheek and created a new scar :redface: I don't know, the TCA I have does not seem strong enough to do something like that.

I've also spoken to a handful of people that said they did not have a good experience w/ TCA. I have been pretty aggressive, and haven't had any mishaps or bad things happen thus far (knock on wood). BUT I did have a scare in the beginning w/ a scar getting noticeably worse before it got better. I didn't think it would ever heal, but it did, and it looks way better than before.

It might be a good idea to do a test spot before going all the way w/ TCA, that way you can determine how your skin will handle it. Even then, some scars react more to TCA than others.

I would leave it alone indeed.. I do have something like that besides my regular scars, I am not bothered to cross it . Never gave it a thought, it's not noticable until you inspect my skin from a few inches distance and write down all the flaws. Really don't try to go and cross some pores, it could only get worse. If it ain't really broken, don't fix it ;p

There is risk to every procedure because there are so many variables (age, skin type, scar type, healing capabilities, sun exposure). Please do some more reading. For every treatment in this forum there have been people with bad results. TCA is an acid and I believe it can help larger scars but as minimal as scarred pores are you can definitely make them worse. For scarred pores the risk is not worth it IMO. No treatment is full proof otherwise you wouldn't have people on here for 3+ years.

Start with retin-a/isotrex or something...it may take many months...if it doesn't work you can go to the tougher procedures...

Start with retin-a/isotrex or something...it may take many months...if it doesn't work you can go to the tougher procedures...

Hey guys..

Thank you so much for all your comments.

I was wondering if you guys would know if Copper Peptides work better than retin-a for my type of scaring (ie. Which would give me more improvement?)

If it is the Copper Peptides, which product would you recommend for me; Super CP Serum, Super Cop Cream, CP2X? Would you recommend that I use these products in conjunction with any other product?

I have seen one doctor regarding the fraxel laser, he said I am not a candidate b/c of my dark skin tone. Do you think I should go and see other doctors regarding the fraxel and the possible risks... Cause I have read everywhere that the fraxel doesn't cause any pigmentation changes. I am confused. He also said Fraxel won't help my scared pores which is also confusing too b/c I seen people with more sever scaring who have benefited from Fraxel.

Thanx again....This site and you guys are being really helpful...

Any comment would be much appreciated.

sorry for this second post....i just can't help not thinking about these fucking scarred pores. Its a mental disease indeed.

Considering that these scars are almost 5-6 months old and for some of them, I haven't seen any noticable improvment, is it possible that they will fade out over time, like in a year or two?...

Thanx again for ur time.

they were left behind by a few whiteheads and blackheads I had this summer....

I never thought blackheads would cause this!!!

Thanx blueyesurfer for ur comment ..

Your scars are not bad at all. I even would not call them THE SCARS! But if it really bothers you then I think you might find copper peptides (combined with acid peels, AHA, BHA or TCA-depends what your skin can tolerate well) very beneficial. I have started using TriReduction protect & Restore Cream with Retinol about 3 weeks ago and I am experiencing great improvment (with some of the scars like yours too). I do combine them with 10 % glycolic cream (every night) and 30% glycolic peels ( once a week) and it seems to be giving very good results. :dance:

Of course everyone's skin is individual and different people have different results, but as long as you do not expect a miracle and you prepare yourself for long treatment (I know sometimes it is very difficult to be patient :pray: ) you might be very satisfied with the results. You also need to start with light application (probably CP serum or TriReduction every second day) and then to build up to a daily (once or twice) treatment. But there are so many posts about it so you can have a look and then choose what you think might be best for you.

Good luck! :)