Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
-tom-

Uk skin and BP

Hi guys, can any of you tell me if you managed to clear up after using this reigime. I dont have particularly fair skin but was wondering if this regieme was better suited to american skin and its climate. thanks

Guest Mish Mosh

Obviously due to being a melting pot of all different nationalities, the average American skin is a lot darker and less sensitive than ours.

I don't think the 'one finger of BP for all' works well as there are too many variables to consider ie. ethnicity, skin tone, age, gender, severity of acne, climate etc.

I have fair sensitive English skin. Dan's regimen was a disaster

Hi guys, can any of you tell me if you managed to clear up after using this reigime. I dont have particularly fair skin but was wondering if this regieme was better suited to american skin and its climate. thanks

I did clear using BP, and I have celtic white skin, BUT, it looked like I had worked outdoors all my life after a week on regimen. After cleansing I could've been an extra in a Zombie Movie, I needed BP and moisturiser which made skin look acceptable.

I'm now using 2% salicylic acid (The Clearasil Ultra Wipes in UK supermarkets), one week in almost and my skin is looking better, my pores look amazing. Even though it has hydrogen peroxide in the wipes these only give bacteria a quick blast on skin, unlike BP which feeds hydrogen peroxide to skin all day. I tested this on some dyed cloth with a just used wipe and BP next to each other. The BP slowly bleached over the hours whereas the wipe didn't visibly bleach at all, good news for hair, eyebrows and clothes :)

I aint slagging off Dan's regimen it cleared me, but like all meds there are side effects, and tho its early days salicylic acid has less sides for me.

I'd say give the Clearasil utra Pads or wipes a go first.

My regimen

AM & PM

Pears Soap lather onto damp face

(If shaving use this as a lather, wet shave with single blade BIC and rinse well, quickly cleanse rest of face)

Rinse

Air dry or pat dry with clean tissue.

Clearasil Ultra Wipe

It may bring out little zits which its just purging in 1st week.

Redness goes down cos of aspirin like nature of salicylic acid.

Like all acne treatments u gotta give it the a full go. There are 32 wipes, so 16 days should be a good try out.

Long term its proven to be very effective and less irritating than BP.

Hey,

sorry Mish Mosh did get your mail - just being stupid and didnt take the name in. Im not sure as what to do at the moment re the regime as i feel ive stuck at it for quite a while now and would findit difficult to stop as id be wondering 'what if'...

Redseven - happy to hear you cleared up on the regime - gives me some hope!ive used the clearsil wipes in the past when i had very little acne and think may have worked then but i think i may try going onto them later when ive hopefully cleared up off using the regime (doesnt look like its ever going to happen at the moment but who knows - eventually most people seem to clear up)

thanks guys

Tom

Guest LDanielle

It gave me a ton of red marks but I have very pale skin, in my personal opinion I think if you have pale-ish English skin you should use something else for getting rid of acne, this BP is more suited for American skins.

It gave me a ton of red marks but I have very pale skin, in my personal opinion I think if you have pale-ish English skin you should use something else for getting rid of acne, this BP is more suited for American skins.

LDanielle have you given salicylic acid a shot?

Its way less irritating than BP and red marks don't linger!

Redseven - happy to hear you cleared up on the regime - gives me some hope!ive used the clearsil wipes in the past when i had very little acne and think may have worked then but i think i may try going onto them later when ive hopefully cleared up off using the regime (doesnt look like its ever going to happen at the moment but who knows - eventually most people seem to clear up)

Tom I'd seriously urge you to try salicylic acid before using BP.

If it fails after a month to improve you then go onto BP.

Guest LDanielle

Salycylic acid? You mean some product with that as the main ingredient? What's the name of the best one then and where can I get it? :think:

Salycylic acid? You mean some product with that as the main ingredient? What's the name of the best one then and where can I get it? :think:

This thread contains links and show the regimen I follow and the regimen Mish Mosh has successfully followed...

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=73017

Mish Mosh uses Neutrogenas 2% SA (Salicylic Acid) based faced wash.

I use 2% SA wipes (Clearasil Ultra Wipes) morning and night after washing gently with Pears transparent amber soap and rinsing with water.

Any probs or questions feel free to PM me LDanielle.

Well the regimen worked for my bro and his skin was so much for than mine is, he has bloody amazing skin, no dryness or anything, after being on the regimen for 3 months. He just said it was especially important to make sure that you moisturise a lot, and use SPF 15 every day, he said if anything gave him irritation it was sun exposure. Sun + BP don't mix especially not on British Skin.

As for SA, that stuff actually made my skin worse, I used Clinique Anti Blemish On The Spot Gel. It itched and stung like hell, and my spots got huge and I started getting those under the skin spots that just linger there for months.

Well the regimen worked for my bro and his skin was so much for than mine is, he has bloody amazing skin, no dryness or anything, after being on the regimen for 3 months. He just said it was especially important to make sure that you moisturise a lot, and use SPF 15 every day, he said if anything gave him irritation it was sun exposure. Sun + BP don't mix especially not on British Skin.

As for SA, that stuff actually made my skin worse, I used Clinique Anti Blemish On The Spot Gel. It itched and stung like hell, and my spots got huge and I started getting those under the skin spots that just linger there for months.

It's cool that the regimen is working well for you and your brother.

I have heard bad things about the Clinique range.

Its isnt the active ingredients necessariy that cause the problems.

Some brands of BP are awful and cause breakouts.

Also some people hate BP and some hate SA we are all different.

I've tried both and prefer SA personally, I've had no constant mild red irritation and dryness with SA (unlike BP, I had a weathered look), and my pores with SA are clear, skin is looking better day by day.

I got cysts whilst on BP.

Its interesting that you say moisturisealot whilst using BP, his moisturiser wouldnt be like Eucerin Skin renewal that has an AHA in it which similarly unblocks pores like SA?

I've tried both and prefer SA personally, I've had no constant mild red irritation and dryness with SA (unlike BP, I had a weathered look), and my pores with SA are clear, skin is looking better day by day.

Its interesting that you say moisturisealot whilst using BP, his moisturiser wouldnt be like Eucerin Skin renewal that has an AHA in it which similarly unblocks pores like SA?

Well I only started the regimen a week ago, so I can't really judge it yet. I've got bad things about Clinique as well. Maybe if the regimen doesn't work for me I might try SA again. I'm not sure what moisturiser he uses, I don't think it's Eucerin.

BP is drying my skin out like mad and it looks horrible at the, but i'm hoping that this will subside as my skin gets used to BP. Funnily enough I don't have any redness or itching though.

Well I only started the regimen a week ago, so I can't really judge it yet. I've got bad things about Clinique as well. Maybe if the regimen doesn't work for me I might try SA again. I'm not sure what moisturiser he uses, I don't think it's Eucerin.

BP is drying my skin out like mad and it looks horrible at the, but i'm hoping that this will subside as my skin gets used to BP. Funnily enough I don't have any redness or itching though.

Well give it at least 8-12 weeks, and when you get more tolerant of the BP definitely incorporate a mild AHA like lactic acid found in Eucerin skin renewal.

A combo of an antibacterial and an exfoliant is what clears acne. So AHA is important.

Dans gel was the least irritating/drying and well absorbed I found.

Start once a day with BP with just a thin film and work up to twice daily and ramp up

If after 8-12 weeks you just cant get on with BP then try SA again.

Dont get me wrong, BP does work, its just I wasnt happy with the slight ongoing irritation, the way skin ended up and the time it took to do regimen, plus red marks did seem to take ages to fade. I also dont like using SPF moisturizers every day which you need to with BP.

My skin has been much better on the BP - though using it twice a day is too much. I use loads of BP at night, but not in the morning. Once my skin was over the initial flaky stage, it's been fine. I don't use moisturiser at night now, just in the morning. I use the Panoxyl 2.5% aquagel. My skin is quite pale and used to be very sensitive when I was younger, but that's improved now and it seems to tolerate the BP fine.

i do exactly the same acnegirl, been on the regimen, once a day like you (at night), for nearly 2 weeks...about 4 small active spots and just some redmarks left......gettin 2 b clear in just a short time.......finally that stops acne from forming well :)

maybe that is where I am going wrong! I am usung BP twice a day and I look like i have leprosy!!

It seriously dried my skin and when I tried putting makeup over the top I looked horrendous! As If my skin was peeling off!! Maybe I will try it just at night too, that will be much better.

Any of you guys read the thread on taking anti histamines in Acne Research?? Was wondering if any Brits can suggest any anti histamines we can get over the counter here??

maybe that is where I am going wrong! I am usung BP twice a day and I look like i have leprosy!!

It seriously dried my skin and when I tried putting makeup over the top I looked horrendous! As If my skin was peeling off!! Maybe I will try it just at night too, that will be much better.

Any of you guys read the thread on taking anti histamines in Acne Research?? Was wondering if any Brits can suggest any anti histamines we can get over the counter here??

I'd really suggest trying a salicylic acid cleanser or wipe/pad after cleanse and rinse in the morning if you are using BP at night.

It will help inflammation rather than use an anti-histamine.

Make sure your cleansers etc are PH balanced as well.

ur idea of a SA cleanser in the morn when just using BP is good idea. However, i chose not to do this because i dont like overloading my skin with lots of chemicals, sometimes ppl seem to overdo it. I find using it at night, in a generous portion, after gentley cleansing with pears soap (a gentle oil-free soap with all the functions ;)....cheap 2) and then applying a gentle moturiser. Then in the morning just wash with the soap and water then apply moisturiser.........amazing results so far, just believe in treating skin with prevention but letting it breath at the same time because overloading skin can make it worse.

My skin has been much better on the BP - though using it twice a day is too much. I use loads of BP at night, but not in the morning. Once my skin was over the initial flaky stage, it's been fine. I don't use moisturiser at night now, just in the morning. I use the Panoxyl 2.5% aquagel. My skin is quite pale and used to be very sensitive when I was younger, but that's improved now and it seems to tolerate the BP fine.

I'm on day 7 of the regimen using the 2.5% PanOxyl Aquagel and have got really bad dryness at the moment, how long did yours take to clear?

I have been doing the regimen since July, i started with panoxyl then moved to dans bp, which is by far the best.

From about october onwards i have had clear skin, i just have some scars that are fading, my skin is also lovely and soft and smooth, i also added in jess exoflotaion, which i think helped no end to!.