Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
David A

accutane or not?

aight ive been struggling with whiteheads and blackheads for 4 years now.....when I say that it sounds nice and whatever buts its realy bad........My nose is complete blackhead mess I have red spots all over the place, scars on the cheecks white heads everyday somtimes up to 5 new ones a day....

I don't know...I know that If I make some lifestyle changes it would help a lot but ive been saying that for over a year now and I can never seem to stick with the stricted healthy eating and the excersising......

I was just wondering what you guys though...should I try realy realy hard and work on doing this the proper way or just go out and get the med........

I realy don't like taking drugs at all which is the main thing here....

And I've been realy depressed latly and I know that accutane doesn't help in that department.....

also havnt realy gone to the derm in 3 years for unknown reasons realy I guess I just don't like how our doctors work......

"you need a drug to take care of this"

aight ive been struggling with whiteheads and blackheads for 4 years now.....when I say that it sounds nice and whatever buts its realy bad........My nose is complete blackhead mess I have red spots all over the place, scars on the cheecks white heads everyday somtimes up to 5 new ones a day....

I don't know...I know that If I make some lifestyle changes it would help a lot but ive been saying that for over a year now and I can never seem to stick with the stricted healthy eating and the excersising......

I was just wondering what you guys though...should I try realy realy hard and work on doing this the proper way or just go out and get the med........

I realy don't like taking drugs at all which is the main thing here....

And I've been realy depressed latly and I know that accutane doesn't help in that department.....

have you tried dan's clear skin regimen? healthy eating and exercises didn;t work out for me mate...

you say you dont like drugs?

when youre skin is 100% clear after suffering from a few minor side effects like dry lips and skin, youll be wishing you took accutane sooner. go for it...i highly recommend it.. you wasted 4 years with acne dont waste 4 more.

im in the "exact" situation as him, i never take drugs even when im sick and i fear that tane will make depressed as im already a kinda "down" person and im really scared of the initial breakout plus i dont want it to screw up with my sports which im involved in highly. Any other drugs that can work well too that you know of ?and wat is the percent of acne coming back when you get off of accutane?, thank u so much

you say you dont like drugs?

when youre skin is 100% clear after suffering from a few minor side effects like dry lips and skin, youll be wishing you took accutane sooner. go for it...i highly recommend it.. you wasted 4 years with acne dont waste 4 more.

ahhh lucky! My doctor wont put me on accutane because I have Kaiser and they want to test like everything out on me but i keep telling them I've had acne since 5th grade and everything they give me SUCKS!! How did u get on accutane? did it cost a lot of money or did ur insurance cover it? oh and what health care do u have? sorry about the whole 20 questions thing...lol...I'm just curious because I'm confused on how to get on accutane.

im in the "exact" situation as him, i never take drugs even when im sick and i fear that tane will make depressed as im already a kinda "down" person and im really scared of the initial breakout plus i dont want it to screw up with my sports which im involved in highly. Any other drugs that can work well too that you know of ?and wat is the percent of acne coming back when you get off of accutane?, thank u so much

well i might not be right here ok .... but from what i read , i cant imagine u having severe acnes which to the point u have to go on accutane plus u playing sport, which most severe acnes people wont do, so ur is about mild and its still bothering u ?? if so , do the regimen, dont even waste time and money on accutane

its hard to believe your acne is thaaat bad if you dont ever go to the doc or stick to strict diet and exercise (even tho that supposedly doesnt help) if its that bad just go the derm and do what he says man, sitting around isnt gonna do anything. how bad can it be to take a pill or something?

my acne isnt severe, its mild to moderate, ive tried everything and i mean everything, the regimen worked for me for a coupple weeks but afterwards lost its effectiveness.... im sick of having to worry about my face so much so i just wanna take accutane go thru hell for a couple weeks and not worry about it nemore

{QUOTE}well i might not be right here ok .... but from what i read , i cant imagine u having severe acnes which to the point u have to go on accutane plus u playing sport, which most severe acnes people wont do, so ur is about mild and its still bothering u ?? if so , do the regimen, dont even waste time and money on accutane

Just beacuse someone plays sports or never goes to the derm doesnt mean that there acne does not bother them. Its pretty judgemental for you to make conclusions about that. I had had acne for about 3-4 years..only mild, but it was persistant. Played a lot of sport and never been to the derm. My gp gave me a couple of different antibiotics which helped while i was on it but once i cam off it returned. On my first visit to the derm (when i was 21) he prescribed accutane straight away as, side effects are pretty average, and yeah my sporting and exercise capabilties have decreased, but now i have completely clear skin, a few red marks but nothing worth getting upset about. So i would say go for it. Take a smaller dose if you acne is only mild in the first place and dont listen to the people on here who complain about having severe acne and people with mild acne shouldnt ever say a word because they dont know what its like. Well we do, so, people with 'severe' acne, if you ain got anything constructive to say, then shut it.

Bwoop

hey, im not telling him not to do it, its all depends on him but if he has mild acnes, it doesnt worth it

{QUOTE Take a smaller dose if you acne is only mild in the first place

thats actually a bad idea. my acne is persistnat and mild, ill look fine sometimes and broken out and gross other times. i thought because my acne wasnt that bad i would just go on a smaller dose of accutane but it wont work permanently if you do that, you have to fill the threshold (i think its 125mg x your wiegh in kilos) otherwise it will most likely relapse. and when it does it sucks even more because you've forgotten what it was like to have acne....id advise you take whatever your body can hanlde and try to get rid of it forever.

Ok you only tried Dan's Regime for 2 weeks?? Dude, if you really want clear skin you need to stick with things. Dan has never said his regime takes only 2 weeks to work. Instead of trying to find a quick fix why don't you try Dan's regime for a good 3 months? I mean I have worse then white heads, and my face is now praticly clear from it! You can't just give up on stuff.