Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Serena*

retin-A micro? good or bad?

i was on lasor treatments last year and they worked really great but just recently my acne has been coming back.. i just went to a new dermatologist and he prescribed retin-A micro, dinacin pills, and clenia face wash. i was just wondering if any1 could tell me if it will make my acne any better or what experiences youve had with retin-A. thanks :)

I have been on it for a long while and I think it does a fine job with the texture of my skin. My skin doesn't feel as patchy, but it has done nothing at all for my pimples. I would give it a thumbs up if you are pairing it with something to kill the bactria. Just my thoughts.

I've been on Retin-A Micro 0.1% gel since the middle of July. It's been working great. I did have that initial breakout, but it was during the summer, so I didn't have to be around people (school) or anything :-P The breakout went away, though, and I eventually got my acne under control (the RAM paired with antibiotics has worked awesomely). I still use it nightly with PURPOSE gentle cleanser in the morning followed by PURPOSE dual-treatment noncomedogenic moisturizer. I don't really get any pimples anymore, and my milia comes and goes unnoticed. My skin does get oilier during the day, but my derm recently prescribed for me some Xerac AC, which works wonderfully at drying up the oil and keeping it that way.

retin a worked pretty well for me. Not all my pempils were gone, and it did get ugly on the initial breakout, but it was fine after that. Also, my blackheads completely vanished while I was on it.