Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hockey guy

About 2 months into Accutane

Ok so I've been on Amnesteem for about 50 days or so now and wanted to post how it's been so far. I apologize for not having any pictures to get a good idea how my progress has been. I will get some soon.

To summarize, I've had persistant moderate acne for about 2 years (since early 2004), and after wasting a year of my life revisiting the derm and trying useless creams/antibiotics, I finally demanded Accutane.

I'll start off with the bad, all of which are tolerable and seem to be overexaggered by people, causing fear of the drug.

-Lips constantly peeling. But not really a big deal if you have Aquaphor.

-Bloody noses on occasion. I found some nasal spray and those are greatly reduced now.

-Slight back pain. And I stress the word "slight".

Now for the GOOD news...

-My face looks fantastic. NO OIL WHATSOEVER. There hasn't been a time in the past 2 years where I havent had at least 8-10 active pimples, and I can proudly say I have ZERO currently. My face doesn't have a red tint anymore and is smooth.

My overall point is that Accutane works and is totally worth it to avoid all the headaches of failed creams/antibiotics. None of those treatments will provide permanent success. As long as you're following the prescribed regimen and following up with monthly blood tests, I see no reason why anyone with acne which bothers them both physically and emotionally shouldnt begin the short course.

yes, i agree. accutane is the real deal.... nothing else has ever worked for me.

the only catch is accutane is not permanent for some people. i am on it for a third time.

Yeah, it's the whole "it probably won't be permanent" -thing that annoys the hell out of me. I already had to fight tooth and nail to get on this freakin' course. My dr already said that she won't let me go on a second round, even if it's absolutely obvious that I may need one.

I'm hoping to get lucky this time, though.

Yeah, it's the whole "it probably won't be permanent" -thing that annoys the hell out of me. I already had to fight tooth and nail to get on this freakin' course. My dr already said that she won't let me go on a second round, even if it's absolutely obvious that I may need one.

Screw that sorry ho! :evil:

If you break out again, just order it online! :dance:

Screw that sorry ho! :evil:

If you break out again, just order it online! :dance:

hey do u order it online??? cuz my doctor is refusing to let me on accutane right now 2...and i was thinking about getting it a different way. if u do order it online, reply plzzzz...thanx :D