Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
luvme4me

What kind of scars are these?

I can't really get a good picture of it cuase my camera's light like shines it out. My scars are red and have been on my skin for months now and thier on my cheeks. I am on avita for my acne and I use neutrogena multi vitamin and acne moisturizer but I am thinking about getting them lasered. Is that a good idea I mean I can't identify what kind of scars they are can anyone help me? Any advice?

post-31027-1132367485_thumb.jpg

post-31027-1132367521_thumb.jpg

post-31027-1132367485_thumb.jpg

post-31027-1132367521_thumb.jpg

I have a lot of these marks all over my back which is much worse than that. I recommend Glycolic acid as this has fade my redmarks alot but it won't clear it 100% but does clear it to about 70% I seen results after 2 weeks and 4 weeks they faded really well. I just have alot of scars mostly now.

i want to permananetly get rid of them i hate them i can't even put blush properly it sucks. I have used some products that will fade them but then they come back in a couple of days anyway. Is glycolic acid that clear gel I can't use clear it stings my face really bad and where do u buy it?

Guest LDanielle

It's not a clear gel... it's acid as a liquid... though it might be too irritating for your skin if things tend to sting it easily, would be best to do a test on a small area if you do decide to try it.

As for where to get it, I'm assuming you live in the US (I'm in the UK), so I guess you could search for it on Ebay there seems to be lots of it on there, or just search for it on Google and buy it off a skincare site.

yes i live in the us, I really want to do something about it how i got these scars was I belive i just put of benzoyl on it and it dried them up . my skin is very sensitive maybe I should see what a doc says first but I have no clue where to look for one

yes i live in the us, I really want to do something about it how i got these scars was I belive i just put of benzoyl on it and it dried them up . my skin is very sensitive maybe I should see what a doc says first but I have no clue where to look for one

You got that hyperpigmentation from the benzoyl peroxide, while it takes the acne away, it also leaves redmarks after. I'm currently having laser sessions for my hyperpigmentation.... and mine is 100,000X worse than yours. When i'm done with my sessions I wouldnt even think of being half as clear as you look.... Yours isn't bad at all. Don't get laser procedures done for it, since its so minor. You'll only be waisting money. Instead take vitamin c and vitamin E pills every day (500 mg each). And eat tons of fruit and green vegies. You will clear up in no time. Even if you didn't do anything at all your hyperpig. would be gone in less than a year. Don't waist your money on lasers when you dont need it... too risky... too expensive...

You got that hyperpigmentation from the benzoyl peroxide, while it takes the acne away, it also leaves redmarks after. I'm currently having laser sessions for my hyperpigmentation.... and mine is 100,000X worse than yours. When i'm done with my sessions I wouldnt even think of being half as clear as you look.... Yours isn't bad at all. Don't get laser procedures done for it, since its so minor. You'll only be waisting money. Instead take vitamin c and vitamin E pills every day (500 mg each). And eat tons of fruit and green vegies. You will clear up in no time. Even if you didn't do anything at all your hyperpig. would be gone in less than a year. Don't waist your money on lasers when you dont need it... too risky... too expensive...

I just got over my breakout on my chin and side mouth, and I have mad redmarks, like a blocth. I eat rea;;y healthy, water, veggies, fruit and I workout alot (but NOW Im not in Football Offseason...which means I have to do it under my own free will w/out my coaches :( ) So I'll clear up then?

[/qoute]You got that hyperpigmentation from the benzoyl peroxide, while it takes the acne away, it also leaves redmarks after. I'm currently having laser sessions for my hyperpigmentation.... and mine is 100,000X worse than yours. When i'm done with my sessions I wouldnt even think of being half as clear as you look.... Yours isn't bad at all. Don't get laser procedures done for it, since its so minor. You'll only be waisting money. Instead take vitamin c and vitamin E pills every day (500 mg each). And eat tons of fruit and green vegies. You will clear up in no time. Even if you didn't do anything at all your hyperpig. would be gone in less than a year. Don't waist your money on lasers when you dont need it... too risky... too expensive...

[/qoute]You got that hyperpigmentation from the benzoyl peroxide, while it takes the acne away, it also leaves redmarks after. I'm currently having laser sessions for my hyperpigmentation.... and mine is 100,000X worse than yours. When i'm done with my sessions I wouldnt even think of being half as clear as you look.... Yours isn't bad at all. Don't get laser procedures done for it, since its so minor. You'll only be waisting money. Instead take vitamin c and vitamin E pills every day (500 mg each). And eat tons of fruit and green vegies. You will clear up in no time. Even if you didn't do anything at all your hyperpig. would be gone in less than a year. Don't waist your money on lasers when you dont need it... too risky... too expensive...

Vitamin c and e what do they do? So u don't think its worth it but its on both of my cheecks but i think its been like 2 years I just want it to go away lolso if benzol cuaese the red what else can i use? i also have avita too

First, sorry for not replying sooner. Ok, I know how much redmarks suck, and when I said the lasers aren't worth it, I was assuming you haven't had the marks too long. Two years... hmm, almost as long as i've had mine. Acually, non-ablative laser treatment actually would help you... if you are willing to dish out 1500-5000 dollars a treatment.... Lasers could do wonders on your face since your marks aren't that bad at all (compared to mine). You could have a superficial laser peel, that's where they only burn off the first layer of the skin, so that's not all that risky, as long as you pick a non-ablative laser. On the other hand... if it was me, I would go with the homeopathic way(Eat veggies and fruit ALOT),(take vitamins everyday). And to answer your question, vitamin c builds you immune system up, thus makes your redmarks fade quicker than they normally would. If you get vitamin c pills, get 500 mg with rosehips. (the rose hips have excellent healing properties). I'm not sure about vitamin e, but alot of people on here favor using it, they say it helps fade marks aswell. Also, don't be afraid to use your benzoyl peroxide cream just because it makes you have red marks, however, only use it if you have active acne, do not use it for clearing redmarks(because it will prolong redmarks, not heal them,but it works wonders for clearing acne). Their is an infinate number of redmark treatments out there, just read some other posts and see what are working for other people, then try some yourself. (I use a gentle cleanser with cucumber extract, and all kinds of natural things in it for my redmarks, also use vitamins daily, and protien shakes, and eat fruits and veggies.) I'm also having erbium laser treatments done. Good luck on whatever you choose, but just remmember to eat healthy (fruit and veggies), as much as you can, they help your body fight the redness.

i will try to eat some more veggies lol and i plan picking up vitamins this weekend i have been putting benzol on the red marks so that also why its taking along time i don't want to do any facial peels i rather do laser for some reason. Thanks for all ur help I will keep u updated! I also plan to regiously use my dermatology sunscreen too! Now I was also reading some other posts about how the red marks can cuase from poor blood flow is it possible that maybe if i do ciruclar motoins on my face at night it might help and stimulate my broken vessels or whatever they are?

i will try to eat some more veggies lol and i plan picking up vitamins this weekend i have been putting benzol on the red marks so that also why its taking along time i don't want to do any facial peels i rather do laser for some reason. Thanks for all ur help I will keep u updated! I also plan to regiously use my dermatology sunscreen too! Now I was also reading some other posts about how the red marks can cuase from poor blood flow is it possible that maybe if i do ciruclar motoins on my face at night it might help and stimulate my broken vessels or whatever they are?

Keep us updated. :) and yeah, sunscreen is a big helper for redmarks(i'm guilty of not using it) :wall:

I will! also nuetrogena multi vitamin helps a bit too also I am defin gonna have to go see a salon that does laser and see what they say

Keep us updated. :) and yeah, sunscreen is a big helper for redmarks(i'm guilty of not using it) :wall:

My derm told me that not using sunscreen may make the risk for getting permanent scars higher.