Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
elisabeth

Septra DS antibiotic question??

Has anyone else taken this. I worked really well for me till I stopped for a few months. I'm now on it again. Anyone else had any luck with it? Also does anyone know how strong of a antibiotic it is or have any information on it?

Has anyone else taken this. I worked really well for me till I stopped for a few months. I'm now on it again. Anyone else had any luck with it? Also does anyone know how strong of a antibiotic it is or have any information on it?

I have taken one septra DS a day for a year. When my doctor lowered me to one every other day my acne got bad again so they decided to one a day a again. Well it didnt get better so they put me on two a day and it got better right away for about 4 weeks. Then just recently i started to get a few pimple not as bad as without the medicine so it seems to work well

*sigh*

I wish derms would not prescribe Bactrim or Septra. It is just about the only by mouth antibiotic that kills Methicillin Resistant Staph Aureus.

That may mean nothing to you. But someday perhaps someone you love will have to take Bactrim prophylactically for some reason, it won't work, and the person will end up hospitalized. True story.

Please try to get any other antibiotic. Please ask your derm for any other antibiotic.

And note that the post you replied to is from 2003. I don't know if the poster has been back since then.

I have been on Septra DS for a week and my face has gotten extremely worse to the point where I don't want to leave the house. Help.

*sigh*

I wish derms would not prescribe Bactrim or Septra. It is just about the only by mouth antibiotic that kills Methicillin Resistant Staph Aureus.

That may mean nothing to you. But someday perhaps someone you love will have to take Bactrim prophylactically for some reason, it won't work, and the person will end up hospitalized. True story.

Please try to get any other antibiotic. Please ask your derm for any other antibiotic.

And note that the post you replied to is from 2003. I don't know if the poster has been back since then.

has this made any of ur faces red???????

Call your doctor and report the symptom. And get on mino or doxy instead. Bactrim/Septra are best reserved for life-threatening infections.