Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jayme

Clearasil Scar Care System

Yeah, it pretty much works 100%.

But who wants to use a 5 dollar Clearasil cream on their scars when there are acids, lasers, and invasive surgeries that accomplish almost the same thing and cost tens of thousands more?

Where's the fun in that?

Don't you want to put acid on your face?

Yeah, it pretty much works 100%.

But who wants to use a 5 dollar Clearasil cream on their scars when there are acids, lasers, and invasive surgeries that accomplish almost the same thing and cost tens of thousands of dollars?

Where's the fun in that?

I was thinking of an equally clever response earlier, but yours is suffice. :D

When I ponder how to improve the appearance of my scars, I always think back to a theory my physiology teacher once said: microbiologists assume all the worlds ailments can be cured with the items found within a Walgreens. Now, that doesn't mean much on the surface--obviously there are thousands of items. But what it does, for me atleast, is perk your interest in contemplating which items could cure Acne Scars. Who knows--next week someone may accidentally run into a skunk, take a tomato bath, and find it heals their scars rather well.

Now, I'm certaintly not advocating anyone to put a variety of shit on their face and see what works. But if you do, and it does work, make sure to report it. :whistle: Just think about the crazy bastard who decided egg white was a good exfoliator, or mayonnaise is healthy for hair.

NEC2234 watch before you speak because the first thread I posted when I joined this forum was precisely on Clearasil Acne Scar care because I, my friend used it and I saw some difference!! Take it or leave it. Like I've posted countless times. Everyone's skin is different and reacts differently. To some, all they need is a simple over the counter product and others need to put their skin through the bowels of Lucifer's ass to see any improvement. I unfortunately did not get the results I wanted because I had to discontinue it since my face is very prone to breakouts. There is a lot of rubbing involved with that product, but the moisturizer that comes with it is great. Kept my face plump and everything through the day minimizing the appearance even if it was just temporarily. Who knows, maybe it'll work for Jayme. She/he will never know until she/he tries. The only thing I'd advise is that if you break out a lot then maybe this product isn't for you, but test out a small area on consecutive nights and see what happens. One thing holds true is that you will DEFINITELY never see more than a 5-10% improvement with this product especially if you have deeper scars. I dont' know what your' type of scarring could be, tho.

yeah dont be jerks about things guys. I dont know the extent of the posters scars but it works for more shallow scarring definately. Not everyone on here has deep craters u know. I still use the scar eraser and will continue to as long as they make it. really makes my skin look nice and almost makes the shallow scars dissapear at least while u have it on. Go for it Jayme the least it will do is make your skin look nice and do little for teh scars.

You know you people with your smart-aleck comments are really causing the quality of this board to deteriorate. This person asked a simple question about a product which absolutely did not call for such a rude remark. This is supposed to be a safe environment where we can feel free to ask questions. One day you might ask a stupid question (which wouldn't be surprising as your response to the original post suggests to me that you're likely of low intelligence) and someone here will be kind enough to respond without verbally accosting you and making you feel worse than you already do about this condition. Acne is not an excuse for bad manners, so I would suggest you learn some.

yeah dont be jerks about things guys. I dont know the extent of the posters scars but it works for more shallow scarring definately. Not everyone on here has deep craters u know. I still use the scar eraser and will continue to as long as they make it. really makes my skin look nice and almost makes the shallow scars dissapear at least while u have it on. Go for it Jayme the least it will do is make your skin look nice and do little for teh scars.

Hey there. Are you positive that this works? I have some scarring but i cant really describe them coz i dont know what kind they are. Right now..i dont think i can afford to go for medical methods so i have to settle for something less. I think i would be happy if my shallower ones are gone at least.

Hey there. Are you positive that this works? I have some scarring but i cant really describe them coz i dont know what kind they are. Right now..i dont think i can afford to go for medical methods so i have to settle for something less. I think i would be happy if my shallower ones are gone at least.

Ive am using the University Medical Scar eraser right now because I am on Accutane and the grit in the Clearasil scar treatment was to harsh. I prefer teh scar eraser but think they work very similarly. The stuff works immediately to rid your face of redness and the creme raises scars old and new. Also its weird but when you put both cremes that come with the scar ersaser on your face it gives a smoothing effect to the skin. For real I would buy it just for the temporary smoothing effect and use it everyday but it has raised the shallow scars up and made my skin one color (no red bloches and all of that) also makes the skin look really healthy and nice. Definately work the $12 I think I payed.

Peace

Hey Keith, as a fellow Accutaner would you then reccomend what you are currently using? I was thinking on using something that might relieve the dryness caused by Accutane which I believe is a main factor in scarring. I was thinking rosehip oil, but this oily business I'm not too fond of. Will it cause me to breakout, I don't know, but I need something that will keep my skin extra hydrated and plump just like the Clearasil Acne Scar Care moisturizing lotion was doing. I need something better and stronger--I'm beginning to believe that my skin is developing an immunity to the effect. It's not working as hard as it was in the beginning.

Thanks

Hey Keith, as a fellow Accutaner would you then reccomend what you are currently using? I was thinking on using something that might relieve the dryness caused by Accutane which I believe is a main factor in scarring. I was thinking rosehip oil, but this oily business I'm not too fond of. Will it cause me to breakout, I don't know, but I need something that will keep my skin extra hydrated and plump just like the Clearasil Acne Scar Care moisturizing lotion was doing. I need something better and stronger--I'm beginning to believe that my skin is developing an immunity to the effect. It's not working as hard as it was in the beginning.

Thanks

Yeah the University Medical Scar Eraser is great while on Accutane. It is a creme that u rub on followed by a moisturizer that has sunblock. Its perfect while on Accutane to keep the skin from getting all flaky and red looking. I have hardly had a zit since starting accutane so I can say it didnt cause me to breakout at all. If u are worried about looking greasy it doesnt do that either, just makes your skin look healthy. Best of luck to u.

Yeah pete as long as they are red they usually will improve a lot. Just from normal shedding most scars get better over time. The problem is if u have really deep sunk in places caused by damage underneath the skin. This wont heal and will require some sort of treatment to rid. If most of your scars r surface scars (scars from picking and popping) then they will improve a lot over time if not too deep.

Thanks Keith, I've been looking for a little change for a while now. I'm just very susceptible to changing my products like changing my underwear, lol! But you have to keep looking for the best of the best out there until you hit your mark without compromising anything. Clearasil worked for a while but I don't want to get too addicted--don't work anymore if I do.