Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ashton1

Microdermabrasion after accutane

alright im off of my accutane now i had very very mild acne before only was on it for about 3 months and my derm told me to wait other 2 weeks then go for a Microdermabrasion to get rid of the redness. i think ive read on this board about it can cause scarring or sumthing ( but why would my derm reccomend this then?) i just wanted to know if im safe to have a Microdermabrasion?............ :pray:

alright im off of my accutane now i had very very mild acne before only was on it for about 3 months and my derm told me to wait other 2 weeks then go for a Microdermabrasion to get rid of the redness. i think ive read on this board about it can cause scarring or sumthing ( but why would my derm reccomend this then?) i just wanted to know if im safe to have a Microdermabrasion?............ :pray:

You're supposed to wait ... I think it's 6 months .... before doing anything like that. Not sure why your derm would suggest it except maybe that you were on a really low dose (what was your dose?????) and you weren't on accutane that long, so maybe he doesn't think you need to wait. I would ... personally. You can get scarring if you're not careful. I waxed my eyebrows while on Accutane, and ripped a layer of skin off. Ouch! I'd wait a little while. Just out of curiousity, why were you on accutane if you only had very mild acne????

my dose was 40 mg and was only on it for about 3 months and i saw him yesterday and told me to finish what i had because he said i was really responding to it fast ... but now im left with very dry and red skin and the reason i went on accutane was beacause i was allergic to BP and i tried pretty much everything else

he told me to get it done but wait about 2 weeks , im sure he wouldnt recommend it if it was going to permantly scar my face beacause he knows how much i care about my skin.

my dose was 40 mg and was only on it for about 3 months and i saw him yesterday and told me to finish what i had because he said i was really responding to it fast ... but now im left with very dry and red skin and the reason i went on accutane was beacause i was allergic to BP and i tried pretty much everything else

he told me to get it done but wait about 2 weeks , im sure he wouldnt recommend it if it was going to permantly scar my face beacause he knows how much i care about my skin.

Well, make sure you tell who ever's doing the microdermabrasion that you just got off of Accutane. It wouldn't hurt to do a little research yourself as well. I'm sure your derm wouldn't do anything that would intentionally cause any harm, but I'm a firm believer in watching out for yourself too. You treatment sounds a little odd to me because it was so short. Accutane will clear you up, but I think long term success rates are related to your cumulative dose (someone correct me if I wrong here), and your cumulative dose was really low if you only did 3 months. Maybe you won't have any reoccurrence since you started out with very mild acne. Anyway, good luck!