Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i think my acne definitely is somehow related to my sugar intake. i once did a candida cleanse and ate no sugar (not even fruit) or any simple carbs for four months straight and took some herbs and vitamins and stuff. i felt so good and broke out very little during that time but it was extremely strict and hard to completely keep up. i still eat low carb and try to eat good fats, good carbs, and good protein, and no processed foods. anyway i started eating more fruit lately, thinking that fruit would be good for me. Also knowing that fruit is better digested on an empty stomach, i ate it first thing in the morning. i started to get some bad breakouts around my chin and mouth area ( which is usually the area i breakout in anyway) and i think i am attributing it to the fruit sugar spiking my insulin and therefore testosterone. that is a shame because i know fruit has a ton of antioxidants but i just think it is too much for my body to handle. what do u think about fruit sugar and acne relation? thanks

there may be a link between sugar and acne but my suggestion is that you shouldnt be afraid to eat fruit.. i cant believe how bad this board is for things like this..next thing you know people will be afraid of vegetables.. dont worry too much..i eat tons of fruit and i dont think i break out from it.

there may be a link between sugar and acne but my suggestion is that you shouldnt be afraid to eat fruit.. i cant believe how bad this board is for things like this..next thing you know people will be afraid of vegetables.. dont worry too much..i eat tons of fruit and i dont think i break out from it.

well... it depends on what kind of fruit. bananas have been notorious for causing break outs, other people have problem with citrus fruits, or exotic fruits like mango, passion fruit, etc...

as far as i know berries are pretty safe, as well as kiwi which is really high in vitamin C. most people eat apples without problem as well.

i was eating bananas, apples and sometimes raisins(which i know is not raw fruit but...)

originally i was eating grapefruit

now i think there could be a link to fruit spiking the blood sugar because diabetics cannot eat lots of fruit

I don't think most fruits have any effect on acne because fructose does not spike insulin levels but I may be wrong. I have been eating lots of apples, strawberries, grapes, and oranges lately and have not seen any effect on my acne.

I don't think most fruits have any effect on acne because fructose does not spike insulin levels but I may be wrong.

It's true that fructose has a low glycemic index and that fruits commonly contain fructose, but the problem is that fructose isn't the ONLY sugar found in fruit. Honey, for example, is a veritable smorgasbord of various sugars! ;) As a result, even some fruits can have rather high glycemic indexes. Bananas are an example of that. You have to go on a case-by-case basis, and not make sweeping statements about ALL fruits.

Bryan

lets not get paranoid, eating fruits is fine and it wont cause a giant insulin jump in you blood

but still yeah, fruits have sugar and it will raise your insulin somewhat but surely not as much as

products that have a high concentration of sugar like cookies, soda, chocolate etc.

The amount of sugar doesn't really mean too much in food, it's the type of sugar and what is in the food along with the sugar(And what other foods you eat with the sugar source).

Citric Acid slows the rate sugar is turned into glocuse.

So does fiber(expecially soluble), protein, fats, and other low glycemic foods. If you eat a tablespoon of sugar with a tablespoon of olive oil, the results will more than likely be a gradual release of glucose. I'm not saying it would taste good(Or be healthy becuase of sprays and whatnot), but if you were to eat that banana with the rind, like many other fruits, it would affect your glucose levels less. Of course there are foods that have all the above and still promote more than usual increases in insulin such as dairy.

I think fruit sugar is different from artificial sugar. I eat 4 apples a day, 2 bananas a day, 1 serving of berries and my acne actually improved. In fact, I never put any acne medication on my back and it just went away. My back is acne free and I don't even have to worry about putting acne medication on my back. This started 6 weeks ago when I was on a strict fruit diet.

I think some of you guys are paranoid. Sugar and fruit sugars are two different things. Some of you act like scientists and say this fruit needs glucose and your body produces too much you get acne blah blah blah.

Bananas notorious for acne? Please. I'm not denying a link between diet and acne, but bananas causing acne is a new one to me...and I've done my research all over. I know milk is a problem for some people, but cutting fruit out of your diet is one of the worst dietary mistakes anyone can make.

i cant say i have noticed as there not refined sugars but if anything stick to lower sugar fruits berries,ect