Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
T.K.

What is the best color to where?

I just wanted to know what shirt color makes your acne look better, and I guess also what color makes it look worse?

Erm, i dont reallt think it makes a difference! Just wear something clean, and if you want people to stop looking at your face just wear something dramatic!

i would stay away from reds, oranges, and bright pinks- they tend to "bring out" the redness, in my opinion.

i tend to stay in the range of cooler colors- i like brighter blues and greens, and gray (my staple).

i mean, you may need to take into account what your own color-type is (warmer or cooler)- i am pretty pale with dark hair, and i tend to have to bluer undertones in my skin- so hmm, i don't know if those colors just look better b/c of that or if they generally reduce a red appearance in the face- my instinct is, however, that no matter what kind of undertones you have, reds and oranges are probably not the best of choices.

ok, so perhaps that was completely unhelpful, but hopefully not.

black isnt good either..it drains your face, but makes you look paler, emphasising the red bits..like if you dyed your hair jet black..its not good.

i think black/white is always a flattering color. the color doesn't matter as much as it is WHAT you wear. when my skin feels shitty i try to wear shirts that are more open (not slutty ok! hah!), like tank tops, shirts with lower necks. i feels it draws attention away from my face and opens up my neck area more (to my good skin, ha.).

Guest tenshigirl25

yeah, if u have no acne on your body then tops that show some skin are good. i also like turqoise/greens..white is fresh and black is classy. the worst would be red. tanning is good as it brings out your eyes and the colour u have on.

It depends a lot on your skin color and the undertones of your skin. Orange, pink and red will certainly bring out your red marks. To counteract the red, you might want to try yellow, blue or green.

I also suggest patterns and more accessories on your neck or belt area to lead away from your face. Therefore no huge/interesting earrings.

Guest Poker-Butt
IPB Image similar to this but in grey and the arm pit area a lil less fabric ... so i agree..withe theshigirl ...a lil less of a shirt takes the attention away from ur face ....personally i like grey looks good with my look

Guest Mish Mosh

eh? that's a wife beater? I thought you were talking about domestic violence!

That's a vest madam!

Ive just 'googled' it and you are indeed correct!

What a terrible name. :eusa_sick:

i've noticed that my red marks look much lighter when i wear a 'powder' blue color. i don't particularly like this color, but i wear it when i want to feel better. i also wear this color to bed sometimes. :P

I just wanted to know what shirt color makes your acne look better, and I guess also what color makes it look worse?

I think green and blue make red stand out more on the face. Red (variations from dark to true red) help out. It sounds odd but that's my experience.

Guest Poker-Butt
don't wear anything that has a whitish/grayish tint to it OR is too light for your skin. that makes acne stand out so much more.

gray and navy blue look nice on me and really dont draw too much attention to my facial imperfections ;)