Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Prospeeder

Accutane done, and months later Acne coming back

Well, my acne is coming back very slowly, i got off accutane in may and now that its cold and im not outside anymore, my face is getting very pale and you can see all of the red marks on my face. Also progessivly around my lower cheeks and jaw line im getting acne...again, not white or black heads. They take weeks to go away, iv had the same ones for over a month now and they leave red marks, i wash my face daily and have this acidic stuff my doctor gave me for them, super drying, and one day i forgot, and i got 4 new pimples :confused:

ya i'm tryin' to get a second course but the derm is being all "look, accutane is bad blah blah"

Look man!! I've been on it, i know what to expect, hook it up with the tane! I'm bout to go in there like a crack addict demanding tane...

just see a different derm. Its so easy to get accutane. If the first one rejects you, just keep seing one every month til you find one who will give it to you.

Man, this sucks. I've been reading a few posts about this lately and it's making me nervous to go off 'tane. I'm halfway through my course right now, but if it comes back I'll be so disappointed.

Did your doc give you retin-a or anything like that for maintenance afterwards?

Man, this sucks. I've been reading a few posts about this lately and it's making me nervous to go off 'tane. I'm halfway through my course right now, but if it comes back I'll be so disappointed.

Did your doc give you retin-a or anything like that for maintenance afterwards?

Don't wory it's not always 'natural' for acne to come back. People say that it may do, or that the people who clear for good are in their teens when they take it but that's crap. There's a few people on here who've taken it at mid-20's and have finally got clear for years or more....they're pretty much cured. To break it down:

There's a 95% chance that it will work fullstop, i.e. stop acne during treatment and for a remission period after stopping.

There's a 60% chance you will be permanantly 'cured'

A 90% chance that if it does come back, it'll be milder than it currently is.

Good luck and stay strong mate.

why every month? something wrong with ever week? day? two derms in one dday? LOL

my insurance covers one visit per month for acne. at least i think it does, and i havent been willing to chance it by doing two.