Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FrankY

Smoothbeam works....

MayTheres

I don't believe the pictures from the book I saw at my smoothbeam doc's place were touched up...they were from a legitimate medical source ( American Academy of Dermatology) They seem like realistic results to me

I saw different pictures of people with scars in the actual book from my doc and they looked amazingly improved (almost gone)

no the VBeam didn't really help the redness as my redness isn't vascular but more topical. The doctor still thinks that the combination of the 3 lasers he uses is still helpful in my treatment as any kind of 'damage' that produces collagen is beneficial (if that makes any sense). He did the 4th VBeam for free since I told him I didn't think it was working and couldn't really afford it. That was nice.

Guest niko

Latest update- 3 noticable indents left and 2 not so noticable indents. Lots of hyperpigmentation left (all the former indents left this)

Next Smoothbeam is next week.

niko... judging from ur username, could u be from japan by any chance?

what did the doctor say in regards to the hyperpigmentation? cause i'm asian myself and it seems like it takes forever for me to fade any scar or hyperpigmentation.

Guest niko

Not from Japan. My doctor suggested V-beam, but Im not going to fork over another grand when it fades on its own and can be completely covered with a tan -sun or sunless.

After 3 days of doing a test spot treatment on my left cheek I have noticed my pitted, indented scars beginning to look less noticeable in certain lighting. This is truly amazing to me that after only 3 days at 12 joules I already am seeing a minor improvement in the test spot area. These pits seem to be shrinking and blending in with the surrounding skin to appear less noticeable. The only major questions I have are how long will this improvement last after I have completed all of my treatments? I believe it is permanent, but no confirmed results exist yet on the length of time your skin will stay improved. I definitely notice an improvement as I have been looking at my scars for 3 years and know how they used to look very well. Now I am not saying they are completely resolved yet, but there does seem to be some initial improvement in their appearance (in the test spot area).

I would definitely say to everyone considering having this procedure it is a powerful device for eradicating acne and its scars..........a true complextion defection corrector :-/

Also, I don't want to forget to mention I am taking vitamin C (1 capsule 500 mg) daily to ameliorate the results of this procedure. This was a recommendation made by my physician treating me.

Guest niko

Welcome to Smoothbeam :-

I am also taking the VIT C supplement, plus copper peptides, and lactic peels. So far I have yeilded 60% improvement

Niko

thats great that you have some improvements...I too have just been using the CP serum and have noticed some improvements in my temples and totally noticeable change along my jawline where i had shallower scars. Have you had smoothbeam done? The closest person i found is about 4 hours away so i might just give him a call today and set up an appt to see what we can do and how much he charges....I'll keep y'all updated.

another post by me....

well I call the dr's office who is 4 hours away from me and he charges 200 bucks for a full facial procedure...for about 15-30 mins...is that likely? Does any1 know if smoothbeam lightens or darkens fair complected people. since i am fairly light I think i would have some issues with dark spotting. Also does it even out the complexion and make it more neutral. let me know what you guys think....Oh and I made an appt for the procedure in about a month.

Zealous1

am planning to have smoothbeam after my 4 n-lite procedures. Can someone tell me the recovery period. I mean, can u go out the same day or the day after? how long is the face red for and can u put make up on immedialtely?

Hi guys, I'm in Chicago too, and I just had my consultation with Dr. Del Campo today about smooth beam. I've been wanting to do it for a few months, because I have done several microdermabrasions and glycolic acid peels over the last year and they do very little to correct my acne scarring.

One nice thing is that the Dr. labeled what I have always considered medium-to-shallow icepick scars "pigmentation problems," though that could be his technical euphemism for them. He was very ambigious about what percentage improvement I can hope to see after the treatment, but he said that 90% of his patients see improvement and are happy with the results.

Because I am able to pay cash, he charges about $300 a treatment and $999 for 4 treatments- I think I am going to go ahead and get the first treatment in the next few weeks..

He also told me that the best possible way to eradicate a large chicken poc scar on my cheek would be punch excision followed by dermabrasion, with a low risk of further scarring. Sounds a little scary.

Anyways, I'll post further if I get the the first treatment done. Thank you for this thread, it has been very helpful and gave me confidence to set up the consultation. I don't have solid internet access right now but I'll be checking up on this later. Thanks.

Well I just had my first treatment with smoothbeam yesterday and my skin looked real crappy yesterday, but today it looks a lot better. My 5 rolling cheek scars seem to be very very gradually getting smaller although it is so ridiculously early it is hard to tell ( I had this area tested previously on my first visit so this is the second time treating that specific area). I had my entire face (practically) done for only 150. She lasered my forehead at 12 and upped it to 13 for my temples and cheeks(i'm unfortunate enough to be scarred everywhere so my face looks like the side of the moon!!) ](*,)

My doc is very nice and helpful and seems genuinely concerned for me as she spent an entire day researching vitamins and health items for scars that she felt would complement this treatment. She said the most important thing to take is Vitamin A because it helps in the rebuilding of connective tissue when an injury to the skin has occurred. In this case, the dermis is thermally injured in order to modulate collagen growth at the pock sites so it makes sense that this would be importrant. There is a Men's Biomultiple which conatains the best combination of all the important ingredients. I think u can buy it at GNC for like fifteen to twenty bucks. The brand is Pharmassure and it contains zinc and pycnogel and Vitamin C and E, all necessary in the stimulation of collagen.

I am stickin with smoothbeam though u guys. I will go to freakin' 12 treatments if I have to to witness any kind of results (and i'll take anything I can get at this point). I think it just takes major persistence in order to see improvement with this.

Ok I must mention first that my doctor's name is Myra Thomas ( she's an RN) and she is located in Moultrie Ga. Her number is 229-890- 2022.

This is the second day after my first smoothbeam and it does appear that my scars on my left cheek are beginning to resolve. They are shrinking in size and are more difficult to notice in bad lighting. Looks on the up and up for now, but it is too soon to tell how the rest of my face will improve. Will keep u guyz posted. So far so good!

Hi chicago, i think franky took will205's advice and slammed the door on this nightmare - and who can blame him!?!? If he is out there it would be great to hear from him - but in a way i hope he never needs to look at another post about this problem...He said he definately got 80% improvement and his life back to normal which is great news for us all!

shout us a holla franky!

GoodLuck

Marc

Guest niko

Even if I get 100% results, I will still post on this board. It seems I always learn something anyway and its kind of interesting, you get a lot of interesting posts on here.

Even if I get 100% results, I will still post on this board.  It seems I always learn something anyway and its kind of interesting, you get a lot of interesting posts on here.

Nice one :) I feel the same way. A lot of posters who have had success have left the board, it's understandable really, I guess they felt they just wanted to move on. But it's nice that there are a handful of people who are prepared to stay behind even when they have achieved their goals and support others in their process.

I see conflicting reports....is it only authorized for the back? Dont have any problems on my back! I'm kind of considering this, but the red marks on my face always go away on their own after a few months, and I have such insignificant scarring it's not important to me. I suppose I'd need only one or two sessions, since my face isnt that bad looking, but is it worth 400-600 dollars? Cursed insurance would never cover it. The red marks arent exactly impairing my sex life, but it would be kind of cool to have really good skin......decisions..decisions...decisions....

I suppose if I can get a free consultation I may as well check on the prices and procedure how it relates to my case specifically.

No, its designed for use on the face and back - the main reason its promoted more heavily for back acne is that there are very few effective treatments for acne on the back.....I might be wrong but it isnt the best treatment for red marks (plus there are less expensive ways of getting rid of red marks - peels,microdermabrasion,hydroquinone and duct tape to name a few) - Its a hard decision if you have very nearly perfect skin do you really want to spend the money on a treatment ? I say that anything is worth the money if it can make you even slightly happier...

GoodLuck

Marc

P.S Im not speaking from experience, just knowledge from the thread and websites....