Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FrankY

Smoothbeam works....

That is so great that you are seeing results. I'm in my 30's so the added collagen stimulation would be a great thing. I notice some little lines when I smile. I took some pics of myself with the digital today and not alot of hype here but my skin is looking pretty smooth. I never really had alot of acne just here and there but sometimes I'd get a scar from it and over the years they add up!! Still have one pretty good size scar on my right cheek that I bet will take a high setting to phase it. I've already been a no-show on a few of these appointments but this time I'm going! From Chicago: I did look at the pics at smoothbeam.com a while back. Unfortunately, they will probably only show the best results and I just wanted to hear it (see it) from an average person. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Guest niko

Hey guys,

Just had my 3rd treatment today at level 13. (first one at 10, second at 13) and I and the doctor both agreed that I have had SIGNIFIGANT improvement already. She even decided to take an after photo already, (usually results arent apparent until after 3rd). I would say 50% improvement at least, maybe more. All thats left are some deeper scars, which I am going to needle tomorrow or next week.

Overall my skin quality is really improving also, my rough coarse oily pores are no longer like that, instead there barely visible, smoother, a nice glow.

I am doing weekly Lactic Peels(40%)

CP daily

daily VIT A, C, Zinc

M of the Face Dead Sea Mineral Mask 2 a week.

I think all these things kick ass

At the office I was talking to this girl (a new smoothbeam patient) and telling her how before smoothbeam I looked freakish, and she said she doesnt see how it ever could have looked freakish......Smoothbeam works

anyone have luck w/ smoothbeam on saucer like scars on forehead. I have one close to my hairline. It's not particularly deep, but just wide.

Let me know what you think..

This message is for Marytheres...I'm glad to hear that your getting results, as a matter of fact your feed back is very encouraging. As an actual patient regarding smoothbeam treatments. I was just wondering how old do scars have to be in order to not improve? Since you mention that the old ones aren't responding. Could it be because they are deep? I'd appreciate your feedback or anyones feedback. I would just like to get a broaden understanding on what type of scars will improve.

In my case for instance..I have a patch of scars that would be considered 6 yrs old but they aren't deep at all. Shallow chicken pock type scars. Would those scars improve since they are shallow? Or would not because of the length of time?

Thank You.

i have the same question as swift. Only have a small area with what they seam 4 indents (rolling scars which seem shallow) and just around them that slight wavy look. How will be the healing after smoothbeam? I will be flying to London in 5 years time to study and i am still 19 and i will be 24 by then.That;s y why i have a question if it still will work if i wait

forgot to ask 2 questions...will it probably give better results than subsicion and n-lite combined together will fillers if necessary and is subsicion needed before smoothbeam for indents? also is there someone who does smoothbeam in London?

has anyone on this forum been to Dr. tina Alster in D.C.? I wonder because she is close to where I live. If someone has seen her or spoken to her can they give a price quote for the smoothbeam treatments?

thanks for help,

Mack

has anyone on this forum been to Dr. tina Alster in D.C.?

I don't know her prices but she is suppose to be very good, very well respected in the field and she has done quite a bit of clinical studies with smoothbeam.... Maybe you could be a part of one of her studies and get a discount on the treatments!

This message is for Marytheres...I'm glad to hear that your getting results, as a matter of fact your feed back is very encouraging. As an actual patient regarding smoothbeam treatments. I was just wondering how old do scars have to be in order to not improve? Since you mention that the old ones aren't responding. Could it be because they are deep? I'd appreciate your feedback or anyones feedback. I would just like to get a broaden understanding on what type of scars will improve

The scars that aren't improving are almost two years old. Actually they are closer to 1 year and 1/2 old I think. I am not sure why they are not improving... maybe they are too deep or maybe it is the area in which they are located (under the left jawline). I don't know. I got them from a cortisone injection (2 injections actually) so maybe that did some kind of damage that is just so severe/deep that the collagen just can't grow there or something... No idea. I am just very very sad about it... 'cause they haven't improved AT ALL as far as I can tell :D None of my scars are six years old - none of them are older than two years.... Well, wait, I do have a tiny scar on my forehead that i have had since I was like three years old (It doesn't bother me at all)... my doc said of that will improve if not go away with smoothbeam... well I haven't seen any improvement in it at all.... but that one doesn't bother me - it is hardy noticeable so I don't care.

I really don't know the answer to your question I guess maybe everyone's body is different - no one can predict how your body will react to to the smoothbeam. Because that is what is really doing the work - your body. As the Candela clinical nurse explained to me - the laser is simply damaging your body, the improvement is coming from your body in response to the controlled damage.... So it's ultimately up to your body. I don't drink or smoke, drink very little caffine and I drink TONS of water, I love veggies and fruit (have them every day) and fish...I take vitamine c supplements... But I am 31 years old and maybe that impedes my progress or maybe, like I said, the fact that I had cortisone shots in the areas that aren't improvement have done some sort of severe irreperable damage. I wish I knew... I also wish I could scream and yell at the derm that gave me the damn cortisone shots - the bastard!

Hope I helped some.

Guest niko

Dr. Tina Alster is good, but you are going to pay a fortune for her name. I would go to Dr Dima Ali, who is also very well respected in the field, and teaches other doctors how to use lasers such as Smoothbeam. She is located in Reston, Virginia (half hour from DC). Her email is [email protected]

Thanks for your comment in return Marytheres. Your explanation couldn't be any better. It covered all corners of the box.

By the way, when your finished with your smoothbeam treatments would there be any chance you can post some before/after photos of your progress? Seeing photos from an actual patient from this board is alot more trustworthy as oppose to the pictures on the websites. Since were all here for the same cause, I believe everyone here is sincere with their advice.

Thanks.

Guest niko

Try to negotiate a good price, but it my understanding that it can be 3000 and up for five treatments.

I have followed this thread on smoothbeam and find it very informative. I am considering this procedure now, but need to research it in Fla. I know how to research it, but was wondering if anyone knew of a well respected physician in Fla.

Tina Alster is definitely a well respected physician and she would be my first choice of all physicians for any type of ablative scar treatment. She was on the Discovery Channel a while back ( before smoothbeam hit the market I suppose) and has extensive knowledge on scar therapies. She has worked with intense puled dye laser therapy on a woman who was disfigured after a horrible laser resurfacing procedure by an unskilled physician. She could not even open her mouth enough to take a bite of a sandwich. The physician who operated on her actually had to get his equipement from somewhere else (he didn't even own his own equipment and was probably not licensed to operate laser equipment in the first place). Definitely watch for this common occurrence!!

Apparently, pulsed dye laser is supposed to excite some sort of wound healing response internally much similar to the smoothbeam. Interesting similarity between this and smoothbeam which makes it seem reasonable to me that she is a major pioneer in this area of cosmetic surgery.

does anybody know when smoothbeam is coming to the uk ? I want to combine it with needling like Niko, it seems logical as the smoothbeam seems MAJORLY effective at stimulating collagen while the needling resurfaces, tightens and breaks scar tissue.....

Just a thought

Marc

I have the same questions at some other people before and wanted to know if anyone knows of people in the SW US who have performed this and where?

How much does this stuff actually cost? how many treatments are needed? is there downtime?

thanks,

zealous1

Swift,

you can post some before/after photos of your progress? Seeing photos from an actual patient from this board is alot more trustworthy as oppose to the pictures on the websites.
Guest niko

I noticed that I only get maybe 1 or 2 breaks from eye-contact a day now, and I think those rare occurances are from the hyperpigmentation left over. It use to be that everyone I talk to glances at them during conversation. Also, If I dont have shave for a couple of days, I dont have scars to the outside world now. They are still there, but so improved, they seem to be filling in and softening weekly. I highly recommend the Smootbeam laser.

I just had a test area zapped today at 12 joules. Feels a bit like a stinging feeling. Went to an RN in Moultrie GA who does the treatment. Her name is Myra Thomas. She was out in the middle of nowhere. I mean REALLY out in the middle of nowhere. She works out of her home and is in the country off a dirt road LOL! It did seem a little screwy to me, but I am learning that this procedure is not surgery since it is nonablative so there really isnt any risk in causing permanent damage to the skin if misused. She seemed completely capable of working the laser as she did treat my left cheek

I am actually going to do just smoothbeam since incredible results are witnessed with smoothbeam alone for depressed scars. I don't think needling is for the types of scars I have which are rolling and widely spaced with soft edges. She told me that what I had were spotted area of scarring and she would chrage me 150 a treatment. She doesnt need to do my whole face. She does recommend though a max of 8 for scarring since this condition is subjective and improves only gradually. This was advice handed down to her by the manufacturing company for the laser ( candela). Acne usually requires only 4 for 98 percent improvement. She explained to me that she might receive updated advice in the future though.

If you look at the smoothbeam.com website under photos there is a guy with acne scars on his temple in his before shot. Those are exactly like the ones I have and his after shot was amazingly improved. Since it was from a legitimate medical source, I don't think they would have tried to post a picture of this when he was swollen so the scars were disguised.

I am definitely going to be patient. I will go in next week for an official treatment and see what happens

Guest niko

They are almost even. About 4 or 5 have some indentation to them, that is really enhanced by pigmentation. But overall it is a filled in appearance as opposed to a rotting appearance. I believe that with a good sunless tanner, you will not really notice anything. But yes the skin is all much more even, but the pigmentation is annoying.

They are almost even.  About 4 or 5 have some indentation to them, that is really enhanced by pigmentation.  But overall it is a filled in appearance as opposed to a rotting appearance.  I believe that with a good sunless tanner, you will not really notice anything.  But yes the skin is all much more even, but the pigmentation is annoying.

I too have the pigment problem which bothers me more then the scars actually. Argggg.

](*,)