Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FrankY

Smoothbeam works....

when did i say i hate it?

i said it doesnt work for my acne (so far)

and it doesnt work for rough scars.

dont butt in, max is mad because he swears on his life smoothbeam does not work

i said it does

and now that it works for me he thinks im lying, but oviously i havent shown any pics yet, so his opinoins should be respected.

max is mad because he swears on his life smoothbeam does not work

i said it does

and now that it works for me he thinks im lying, but oviously i havent shown any pics yet, so his opinoins should be respected.

Once again! I never said, nor would be so ridiculous as to swear on my life about something like that. I think smoothbeam and nlite both work, however, they'll work slowly...you won't see 55% (hello50) improvement or 83%(hello50) over the course of a month or 3 months!. Rebuilding collagen is a slow process, although hello50 might just be an exception!

I've had many NLITE sessions, MANY..Just from Nlite, i've had over 30% improvement.. Why would I say smoothbeam doesn't work?? unreal!

And another thing, I don't get MAD..in fact i'm more or less here to help rather than find answers.

hello & max: could you two do us a favor and take this argument off-line?

I'm just defending myself and correcting very misleading statements. Taking this argument offline wouldn't benefit other posters as well!

Im talking 55% relative to my face, i have/ had ton of shallow scars very shallow like ive mentioned before.

I dont think you understand that.

Im not talking about someones face healing 55%

im talking about my own.

and im glad your philophy has changed, dont go around calling me a liar.

argument closed.

Guest niko

Where did all this immaturity come from? Max you sound very bitter, you might benefit from a mental health board as well.

Hey I called the laser place here in town. Said a session can range from $150 to $400 (full face). Does this seem reasonable. $400 sounds a bit high. But maybe I could get a package deal or something. Made an appointment for august. Got mainly one kind of rough scar and some little ones that makeup seem to cover. But that one is in a noticeable place. Middle of cheek!! If it were to be reduced to smallish I think I'd be happy. This scar is really not very deep. At one time was an icepick I'd say. Had a professional dermabrasion. The one that makes you bleed. (I'm just saying that cause I think some may confuse it with the microdermabrasion.) Subsequently, it is shallow now, just a bit larger than it was to begin with. I'm assuming I've got thick skin. Okay anyway, Do you think it might work on this kind of scar?

trying to improve

The only thing that works for ice pic scars is excision or a local TCA peel. However once you have done a local TCA peel and it's closer to the normal skin surface then lasers may help. Smoothbeam only works for very shallow scars like all the lasers. Didn't you learn from your previous experience? :-s

Guest niko

Yes 400, for full face is not a bad price. Ive seen much worse. If thats what they told you on the phone, negotiate 5 full face treatments for 1600. That would be a good deal. Dont act impressed when they show you the before and after pictures (will be hard not too)

Actually, this is not an ice pick. Used to be I think -- before the dermabrasion. It is really kinda shallow now - just still very noticeable from an angle. Kinda thinking just one more spot dermabrasion and walaa. Actually I had very good results from the full face dermabrasion. Was just going to do only that area and the doc said for an extra 500 he'd do my other cheek too. It was performed by a plastic surgeon. Also took around 5 years off my face. No joke. Mainly its that spot that looks the worst on my face and I REALLY want it gone. I know the difference between an icepick as this one USED to be DEEP. But ya know I could almost hide it by filling it. Now its shallow so everything rolls out. Plz tell me more about this TCA peel? I'm not trying to be perfect as I consider it to be very noticeable. Otherwise I may have a few smallish scars. Thanks for the info!!

Oh! one plastic surgeon said he might cut it and sew it up to make a line but honestly the derms I have asked will not, refuse to do an excision mainly because of the location of the scar. (close to the middle of the cheek)

Hi guys,

Just a few questions:

1. Do any of you guys use copper peptides post SB treatment? If so, how soon after? If you use glycolic or lactic peels, how soon after your SB treatment do you start this regimen?

2. Someone mentioned in the post that SB is not for everyone, why and who would not be qualified?

3. I had a CO2 laser done in 97 (horrid, horrid) and it reactivated my acne, has anyone experienced this after SB?

4. Has anyone had a bad experience?

5. Do they put you on any meds prior to treatment to ward off an outbreak of coldsores like they do for CO2?

Thanks in advance for your answers! :(/

Misty

Hi guys,

Just a few questions:

1. Do any of you guys use copper peptides post SB treatment? If so, how soon after? If you use glycolic or lactic peels, how soon after your SB treatment do you start this regimen?

I don't use any copper peptide.  I use glycolic (AHA and BHA) maybe on the third day and I also moisturize with aloe vera gel.

2. Someone mentioned in the post that SB is not for everyone, why and who would not be qualified?

I am not sure about this.  SB is a non ablative laser so it should work for most people with scarring and wrinkes.  Now how much it will help depends on your level of scarring and how your skin reacts to the treatment.

3. I had a CO2 laser done in 97 (horrid, horrid) and it reactivated my acne, has anyone experienced this after SB?

I have broken out with small whiteheads after my SB treatment but I am not sure if it was the SB, the Yag laser or the VBeam laser that broke me out.  The doc said that the VBeam can make u break out with small whiteheads.  They went away in a few days.  I didn't get any kind of cystic breakouts that cause additional scarring and that is what is most important!

4. Has anyone had a bad experience?

Nothing yet.  The worst thing is not seeing enough improvement on one side of my face!  Now what this will do to my skin in 30 years.......I am not sure.

5. Do they put you on any meds prior to treatment to ward off an outbreak of coldsores like they do for CO2?

I wasn't put on any meds before.  There were a few meds that you shouldn't take before the treatment.  Like aspirin.  I had to sign a waver that I had not taken them for 72 hours before treatment.

Thanks in advance for your answers!  :(/ 

Misty

Hey thanks imbue. I suppose what i have may be considered a boxcar then. Cause this scar is similar to one of those on his cheek. One of the larger ones in the before pic. Although it's older. Think I got this scar at age 15 or so and it showed up more as time went by. The dermabrasion really helped it but it started off too deep to be completely gone. The reason I'm considering the smoothbeam is there are a few smallish scars around it which I think empasize it more. How many treatments before people noice a markable difference? I just dont want to spend a fortune on this. Locally I think I can have a few areas done for 150. 400 for the full face which I'm not so sure I need. Maybe once full face and spot treat repeatedly?

I think if you have coldsores you may have to take preventive meds with any treatment to your face.

tryingtoimprove

Dr Rapaort is expensive, he charges 750.00 for the local TCA and 200.00 more for some subsicion.

Think I might rule out the tca or excision since i've got an area of a few shallow scars kinda clustered together. Sounds like a good method though. I am going to try the smoothbeam. Husband thinks I'm silly but he has always had perfect skin so maybe hard to understand! Said I would rather have that than new jewelry or something. Found this website that showed the during pictures of a co2 laser. Wow. This girl had pretty good skin to begin with. A few lined scars was all really. Don't remember the site though. That procedure looks extremely major. Im wondering, and this may be redundant, but has anyone treated with the smoothbeam had results of very smooth or just moderately improved? I've looked at alot of pics from various places but ya know sometimes they just show the best cases.

Okay I looked at the link for distinguishing the type of scar and I stand corrected. If its possible, the scar thats the worst is somewhere in between boxcar and rolling as it is kinda oval but the edges are a bit raised. May have been two smaller scars actually joined together. It just really stands out I think since it is around 5 times larger any other scar on my face. The others are very smallish but there are a few around the larger one. ok enough. Thanks for the info!

Guest niko

I would say Smoothbeam, because it works from the inside out, wheras microd. is more superficial exfoliation.

Smootbeam update, my skins appearance is smoothing out, only the deeper scars seem to be noticable now. Unbelievable.

Niko- wondering how many treatments you've had and if you'd do it again ? I look forward to my appt in August. Around the middle of August.

Thanks for the suggestions about negotiating a price. I'm sure if buisness slow they might give me a deal on 2 or more. I also thought smoothbeam firms the skin a bit. Have you noticed that? Because of my age-- that would be an added bonus. Not that my skin is sagging but not as taught as it was in my 20's.

Guest niko

Ive had only 2 treatments, first on 10 second on 13, Im due another in 2 weeks. I am going to get the next on14

Hi DVH and Matchit.

I was just wondering what your progress is like and what you thought about Dr. Jain. I'm also in Toronto and I'm very interested in finding out if smoothbeam can help me out.

Thanks.

Hi could someone please tell me more about smooth beam. I get acne sometimes but mainly have red marks and indented scars on my cheeks. I'm going on Roaccutane soon. My dermotoligists have said theres no treatment for my scars and i have to learn to accept them but I cant. I have noticed that my acne is effected by my diet so i'm keeping an eye on that. someone on the forum suggested smoothbeam but I don't know much about it. would i be able to get the treatment after coming off Ro-accutane? :-k