Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FrankY

Smoothbeam works....

Sorry my friend but their a limit to smoothbeam

you can only have so much it will damage your collagen

plus it only reacts to certain type of scars

The percentage that your scars are bound, (when you stretch them) is in theory the amount that will not heal

if you scars could use work

you would need to look into

Subcision with TCA peel.

Hi SadinChicago,

I am also from Chicago and am looking to have Smoothbeam done. Would you mind telling me who your doctor is and how much he/she charges for each treatment? Thanks in advance. I'm very glad you are seeing good results; from what I hear, you should continue to improve for several months after. Good Luck!

hols

Sorry my friend but their a limit to smoothbeam

you can only have so much it will damage your collagen

plus it only reacts to certain type of scars

The percentage that your scars are bound, (when you stretch them) is in theory the amount that will not heal

if you scars could use work

you would need to look into

Subcision with TCA peel.

This is not true. Yes, there is a limit to what SB can do but it does not damage your collagen. I stimulates collagen production not destroys it. I think your doctor is trying to do 6 mild treatments into 3 harsh ones. If your face was swollen and had bumps for 2 weeks that sounds a lot more damaging then the 6 treatments my doctor is doing. Being swollen and bumpy for 2 weeks is not a normal side effect at all. You said your doctor was new to SB so I trust my doctor who has been using it since it first came out and has written many papers and attended many confrences (even being a speaker at some). I do agree that if you have severe scaring that you will most likely need more then just the SB treatments.

Umm im pretty sure there is no limit to the amount of sb treatmen ts yuou can have - i think they suggest taking 6 or so months off after 6 sessions to give yourself a rest

Guest niko

I just had my second treatment a week ago on setting 13. I was red for a couple of days, and swollen for a day.

I was not expecting anything, but my indents are improving. I hope it continues.

However, its not helping with my acne too much yet, I might go on accutane as soon as the after my last session for this, especially if my scars are looking a lot better.

Also I have done my first lactic acid peels (2) in the last two weeks, this might have something to do with it also.

Hi I live near toronto and am going to phone dr padma tomorrow. I looked up her credentials and it doesn't list her as a dermatologist. Is it possible she is just a gp. Did she give you before and after pics of other patients she has done. I'm not into getting ripped off. Thanks.

Hey Hello 50 what is trazorac . I have my doubts about microdermabrasion also. Had three of them done along with what I think was IPL (I was knew and didn't even expect a laser just dermabrasion) Anyway three weeks later little change but my wallet is lighter by almost $600 Canadian

smoothbeam update!!!

My skin is lookin' NICE again today.... My worst scar - still no improvement. BUT my second to worst scar in a very noticeable area is disappearing !!!!! My shallow scars continue to disappear!

Can't wait to see what the next week brings!

This was the thread that GOT ME to go in to the Derm's office, literally. You guys and your stories have been a great help to me, from a "guest" spectators standpoint.

I would like to get an update from Franky and his success. These are the things that he said that really prompted me to go:

(1) When he broke out recently he described himself as just being someone with pimples, not pimples on top of scars. he said that when you have scars, then brear out, it's like 4x as bad because of the combo factor, i KNEW just what he meant.

2) The gusto he spoke of when he metioned these nonabalative treatments as being a relolution* for acne suffers. That felt good!

(3) And how he said that others have mentioned to him, how much his skin has improved.

Mary, I would also like to hear how you personally feel in a complete summary fashion (i forget how far along you are)

Hello50, I dont want to hear your update :)... J/k ! Im happy for your sucess as well. Feel free to respond 200 times with spurts of 10 replies in between other peoples'.

Thanks Guys.

im glad you find my hidden humour.

i do type 150wpm, and i never think w hen i type

its really relaxing.

Man i still have acne

like once or two a week,

stupid smoothbeam

It seems as though there are different stories as far as the downtime for this goes. Is it a day or a week or 2 weeks? Two weeks seems like an awful long time to be swolen. I had a really major dermabrasion years ago and after 1 week could wear makeup again. By the way, at first my face looked like a peeled tomato. I am considering this for a noticable area on my cheek. Not really an icepick but not tiny either. I think I may wait till December and put it on my Chrismas "wish list" LOTS of cash. As I'm assuming they'll suggest at least 2 or 3 of these but I may go in sooner for a consult. Who knows? Maybe they offer financing.

Hello you are 19 years old and hormones play a major part in acne. You should have treated your acne and got it under control before using a laser, I think. I know they say these lasers are for treating acne, but I think it is always temporary.

I think im a seperate case, if you ever bother reading

youd notice i had the laser done for 50 minuts

most people it take 10 minutes, thats why im swollen as hell,

thank you.

and mr imbue

i was on minocyclin for like 2 years

i can no longer take it

it messes up your system

i was on 250mg

I break out once or twice.

i havent broken out since i had my treatment 2nd

but the 1st one i stopped for like two weeks then it came back

I suppose I must have missed that. Is this something you request from the dr? Can you zap me for a while or just a few minutes? Don't mean to be sarcastic. I guess I could ask beforehand. We have a laser place in town that came up on smoothbeam.com. Thanks for the info!

I don't exactly understand the reasoning for hello getting zapped 8 or 9 times.. It doesnt really make sense if you understand the premise of the smoothbeam. Doctors have stated that they get the same results when the area is hit once, not over and over -- seems to cause a lot of pain and suffering.

I am seriously looking forward to some results. What kind of improvements, if any, should I expect with my 1st treatment.

Thanks.

Max told me about that, he got it from his doctor.

Please don't put words in my mouth...There isn't any limit to smoothbeam or nlite as long as they are spaced out properly... Hello50, your replies are all over the map as usual and your smoothbeam talk is just ridiculous.

yes max you said that, and you are right too, because the person told me you can only do 4 treatments max then wait another year.

yes max you said that, and you are right too, because the person told me you can only do 4 treatments max then wait another year.

I've had about 8 nlite sessions this year with noticeable improvement!

I'm wondering is it normal for them to "treat" only the areas that need it or all over. I've just got one area that is very noticeable I think. As I've really been looking up close alot lately. Also wondering if women can wear makeup soon afterwards?

You CAN get certain areas done, and the Derm will usually negotiate a cheaper price...

I pretty sure that you can use makeup about 24 hours after -- My derm said dont use anything for about that amount of time..

Keep in mind that the action is taking place under the upper layer of skin, so usually your top layer doesn't incurr much stress.

HEY FRANKY, how about an UPDATE!

Hello, I beleive someone told me before that smoothbeam took care of the red spots on their face. Well I have rolling scars, they're pretty shallow I'd say. But what realy bothers me about one scar on my cheek, is the redness and like, maybe purplness inside the indent, you know? like the indent wouldn't bother me if it were perfectly skin colored! id dealwiththe indent. So I was just wondering if anyone else had smoothbeam and the redness went away fairly soon, even if the filling in takes a long time. It would be worth getting smoothbeam done even if it helped a little! I've already looked at the providers in my Maryland area :)

Thanks

yes 90% of my redness has gone,

but the 2nd treatment ive still been swelling from it,

i look like a stupid ball

this is ridicilous, but i hate it last tuesday tho.

Max told me about that, he got it from his doctor.

Please don't put words in my mouth...There isn't any limit to smoothbeam or nlite as long as they are spaced out properly... Hello50, your replies are all over the map as usual and your smoothbeam talk is just ridiculous.

LOL!! I know one day he loves the SB and the next he hates it!