Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FrankY

Smoothbeam works....

I use to have some shallow scars like .01 and stuff but they went away my two deep ones filled up like .05m

How would you be able to see an indent this small. You would need a magnifying glass and some really bad lighting.

But thanks for sharing i can see that this laser will not be able to help my 0.5mm deep scarring.

Will, don't give up! I think that I'm going to do like Niko and combine needling and Smoothbeam and hopefully that will give good results as well.

I cannot speak strongly enough about the Super CP Serum......that stuff seems to be making scars that were pretty good size scars to magically fill in and/or disappear; and I'm talking about scars that Lilian didn't needle, and that I was going to ask her to needle. Now, I'm not going to even ask her to needle them when I go back next week!

I happen to have the opinion that Smoothbeam will be permanent too, especially if you are doing needling as well as Smoothbeam because the scar tissue that is bound down is being unbound. On top of that, collagen is filling in the scar.

I still think Smoothbeam seems to be very promising and I look forward to having it done on myself.

I will say though, that I'm not expecting such fast results. I think that's probably expecting a bit much. I am actually surprised some of you are having results as fast as you are, but I'm happy for you!

Will, dont give up!. I honestly beleive this laser is the begining of a revolution to heal acne scars and because of it there will even be better non-ablative lasers in the future. I think that of you were to get 6 or 7 sessions at levels 13 and 14 (each sessions 3 weeks apart) you would definately see results and i think a regimen like this can pretty much give anytone with mild scarring around 99.999% improvement :evil:

you guys arent listening to me

ive been on this treatment for 2 weeks

and those are the scars that i have so far disappared

It takes atleast 3 months for this treatment to finish off

im not gonna lie to you and say all my scars are gone

but they kinda almost are.

So you gotta wait.

Ask othe people who are on the third treatment

how much their scars filled up.

And dont go around makin conclusions.

like i said these are my results so far.

Hi everyone,

Anyone here knows a dermatologist that does smoothbean in Jersey City, NJ or in NYC???

Please help.

yesterday, almost a week after my 3rd smoothbeam treatment, i noticed the scarring on my cheeks looked a lot better. i had some ice picks there. theyre still there but hardly noticable. i cant say what percent improvment ive gotten but i can say that im happy with it. i can look in the same mirrors from the same angles that used to make my face look real bad and now it looks great. i could post a pic up but you wouldnt even be able to see any scars.

the doc said after the last treatment, a week ago from today, that ill be seeing results in the next 2 weeks and i should call them then if i feel like id need a 4 treatment. i dont know if ill go in for that but itd be great to see more results in the next week or so.

im hoping to see results with raised scars and red bumps/spots. thats the only reason id go back is to take care of that. i have one raised scar that goes down my jawline. starting at the top of my lip and goes up to where the jawline ends at my nose. this is what really bugs me. ive had it for a year and dont know what to do with it. the doc said to keep fighting it. if i apply crap to it it just gets real red and looks worse. sometimes when im fighting it itll go away, but always comes back.

if i could get rid of this id be content with my face. if anyone has any suggestions for this problem thatd be great.

and my suggestion to you guys is you should give smoothbeam a shot, but be realistic about your expectations. it wouldnt hurt.

ill let you guys know how the next week goes.

Knice, thats great news...

hello50, your news is great too but i think it's just a little unrealistic for people to see 40% improvment of scars (not acne) in 15 days...Notice how knice raves on after the 3rd treatment, not the first!

good luck to everyone!

max is right, 40% is pretty drastic and its just been he 3rd week

im not sure i might be the exception

but my acne is not totally gone i was like acne free for about a week it sort of came back.

but just a little, its realannoying though.

I had my appointment tommrow they just cancled

they use their smooth beam somuch they had to send it over to get it "adjusted"

my next appointment is on tuesdya.

but i think i healed so fast cuz of the 8-9 treatments she did ove and over

but then again i had like 30% then ive been at 40% maybe 41% it slowed down :)(.

And i check the mirror every ten minutes :D

Hello50 and others getting results from smoothbeam-

How old are you??????????

newbie here. I have been browsing this forum for a few months now but never joined. I have been doing the vinegar method for about a month, and lastweek i was intregued by this smoothbeam. I have minor scarring mostly rolling. If i stretch my skin it vanishes. I have been tormented by acne since i was 14 and now am 20. I pretty much got my breakouts in control. I just came back for a consultation with a derm and she suggested smoothbeam combined with microdermabrasion. I go on Tuesday for my frist of six smoothbeams, of which one will be done every month. Then she will give me two microdermabrasions in between. Don't know when. She was going to give ma a package for $3000 (can) which is about $1800-$2000(U.S). I being a student cannot afford that so i will be paying $400(can) which is $250-$300(U.S) for each treatment. I rather pay this way just to see if it works out. I am opptomistic but not getting my hopes up. I will have to really watch my money now because I only work part time. I took some before pics with my digi cam and i will document it throught out the process. I will not post any pics until the completion of my treatment. Ayways enough of my blabering just anxious for tuesday.

thats very expensive, screw the micro dermbrasion and get trazorac

and peel your skin

much better than micro dermabrasion

Also 6 smoothbeam treatments?

thats a lot!

Yes emily. i searched the websit and it gave me Dr. Jain. It is in In Toronto. I dont know if you are in toronto but it is at Leslie St. and YorkMills rd.

6 treatments sounds incredibly expensive and unnecessary. When I checked into it, I was told that I would only need 3. This is probably because of the fact that they probably crank up the laser, I dunno. But the practice I spoke with has been utilizing Smoothbeam for well over a year with very good results. Therefore, I would think they've got some good experience with it.

Where I called is charging $400 per session.

You really oughta ask why on earth you need 6 sessions. You also should ask if they can turn up the laser and have less sessions.

That's a lot of money and a lot of sessions to pay for, and from everything I've heard and read, you only need 3 or 4 sessions.

Hi you guys. I don't know much about Smoothbeam. What does your skin look like afterwards. Could you go to work the next day and it not be obvious that you'd had something done?

I am doing 6 treatments. My doctor has been using the SB since it first came out about 2 years ago. So I don't think that 6 treatments are to many. This seems to be the norm where I am as I called a couple other doctors and they all said the same thing. 6 treatments spaced out 4 to 6 weeks apart. I have microdermabrasion before each treatment to remove the makeup and dead skin so the SB will penetrate better. I would talk to your doctor about doing the microderm right before your treatments especially if you wear makeup. Good luck. I think the SB will really help you since you said your scars aren't very deep. Unfortunately mine are pretty deep.

Hello all,

Newbe here to the forum, but not a newbe to acne.

I have had 4 sessions of smoothbeam. I believe they started me of with 12 or 11, and now are at 13 or 14. They never told me about it, but I always hear the Dr. and the nurse talk about it right before they start.

I did start to see mild results about 2 weeks after the first session, but nothing to rave over.

Results kept getting better and better. When I first went there, they said most people only need 4 sessions. I need more though. I still have acne, and my scars could use alot more work. Dont get me wrong. My skin looks so much better than what it used to be, but I need more sessions.

They also have me on retina-mirco. They said it goes well with teh smoothbeam.

After my last session, I asked if people have more than 4 sessions, and the nurse replied that only the ones that have alot of scars. The DR. also recomended I have more sessions to clear up the rest of the acne, and also for the scars.