Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FrankY

Smoothbeam works....

Thanks guys

UPDATE: I updated the pic to make it bigger so u can see detail more easily and if the pic doesn't load click refresh...

smoothbeam is also working for me as well, that's why i havent been on the board much lately either!

Smoothbeam is going to kill this messageboard! :evil:({|=

My scars have seen like 75% improvement, and I'm really happy now. Another thing is, psychologicaly, I am doing 150% better. I no longer sit at home and worry and get depressed about my scars. The fact that I am doing something about it, and the laser is showing improvement makes my life feel a lot better.

MaryTheres, Franky, everyone else.... good luck with the Smoothbeam, I hope everyone gets the results they want.

I know im still in denial, i cant believe my face changed like this in just two weeks

it aint perfect, but im satisfied with it so far.

im glad everyone is recieving results so MAx cant call me a liar.

Why isn't Smoothbeam for everyone... what people are not able to use it... and does it help pigmented marks... my back has tons.

Im no doctors

and i dont want anyone to get their hopes up

im not sure hello

you need to consult a smoothbeam consultant

the thing i have is

if you can stretch your skin and your scars disappear

then you might be a candidate.

Thats the only thing i have to test basically.

Im not sure about the back

www.smoothbeam.com

sorry i havent been around with any updates, guys. i just received my 3rd smoothbeam treatment today, set on 11. i really dont see much result. but they did tell me not too expect anything untill the third season anyways. so i really cant call it right now.

ill be in touch...

btw

mouse

knice

and wildcard

they all left

and had results with smoothbeam

So we are like the 3rd generation to get results :-p

The three of them said they have progress then suddenly disappaered

Here's one of the 3 that left. Hello50, i thought you said he saw improvement....

Knice, I'm sorry to hear you haven't seen improvement yet. I remember seeing your picture a while back and I think you would be a great candidate for isolagen if and when it does get U.S approval!

Your right max, im freakin wrong, i apologize.

Could of sworn i read his post he was the one scared of it right?

It'd be intresting to see the type of scars correlated with the improvements.

Ive seen improvements alreayd but its only like 40% including the redness disapparence and scars.

Im really excited about this, so im not claiming a 100% improvement

but its only been 10 days.

Again i was wrong about knice.

____

maybe the fact that it was set on 11 berly could be a reason, im no doctor of course but i think all this information we shuld share, will tell us what the best doctor is..

i do remeber max telling me he had smoothbeam at like 13 and it didnt even hurt

i was on 10 and i was gonna cry, i felt like a wuss ](*,)

But im a 100% sure mouse and wildcard "claimed" results. but then left.

OK - guys I had my first smoothbeam treatment today and thought I would tell you guys about it.

Cost - $200.

The nurse brought me into the room and put numbing cream on the areas she was going to treat. She then left me there for about 20 minutes to let the numbing cream take effect.

I asked her what setting she usually starts people out at and she said 14 -I had kind of a wide-eyed response to this and she said- well I guess we'll start at 12 to see how you handle it ](*,) .

Anyway even at 12 I was surprised that it was kinda painful. Not unbearable by any means but my eyes did tear by the time all was said and done. She basically just zapped every mild/moderate scar on my face and neck as well as any active acne that she noticed on my face.

I was actually surprised at this because for some reason I thought that the laser was run over the entire face - but this was not the case. Also I have a few deep icepicks in my forehead that form what appears to be a wrinkle but is actually a "connect the dots" type line that is formed between icepicks. Anyway the nurse did not zap these icepicks - I guess because the laser won't work on these scars. I'm not sure. I didn't even ask - :-k .

I'm not too concerned about it as I am having needling done on these scars on the 21st and will specifically ask the nurse if she can zap them when I go back for my second smoothbeam treatment on 8/12.

As far as aftercare the nurse was very, very adamant about me using sunscreen every day because sun exposure can cause hyperpigmentation of the treated areas. I was also not given any sort of ointment but instead was told to just keep the areas moisturized.

The nurse did tell me that the laser is also used to treat acne and that it works the same way as accutane in that it shrinks the sebaceous glands. Unfortunately, I really will not see much of that benefit as I was zapped on a limited part of my face - (in the dermatologists brochure they charged $50 for acne treatment per "spot" on the face - whatever that means).

Anyway I am excited and pleased that the treatments are only costing me $200 - the nurse told me that I will need 4 treatments spaced out about 4-6 weeks apart.

I may begin vit c supplementation tomorrow to help with collagen growth.

I will keep you all posted as to my results. :evil:/

This treatment sounds very convincing, although I tried calling different clinics in my area, Orange County CA. I was not able to find a place who performs smoothbeam.

I was told by one of the dermatologists that they did not offer smoothbeam for facial acne scars because its only FDA approved for the back. I was astonished to hear that. So instead she proposed the V-beam.

If you go to the smoothbeam website the manufacturer is identical to the V-beam laser. The only thing is I'm more convinced smoothbeam is a better challenger for acne scars as opposed to the V-beam for spider veins.

http://www.candelalaser.com/patient_faq.htm

If anyone knows of a place around this area, or what they know about the V-beam, I would greatly appreciate further information.

Thanks. :evil:

I did smooth beam two weeks

ago

ive seen 20% improvement

90% in redness

I still have acne

the lady zapped my face all over not just once

but 8-9 times.

I did smooth beam two weeks

ago

ive seen 20% improvement

90% in redness

I still have acne

the lady zapped my face all over not just once

but 8-9 times.

Holy Mackeral! That must've taken forever and been torture. Jeez!

And it only cost you $300? That's a steal.

I paid $200 and I only had my scars zapped once each. And she didn't even zap some of the deep icepicks on my forehead.

Hmmm, I wonder what it would cost me to get my whole face zapped like that - although I sure wouldn't want to have to endure the pain.

When I asked my derm why they only zapped the scars she said it was to raise them up to the level of the surrounding skin - intuitively this makes sense - so I wonder - how would zapping the areas surrounding scars affect results? Would the healthy tissue "raise" up as well? That really doesn't make sense. Can anyone explain this to me? :-k

Hello50 - you had your your nose done and everything? My nurse told me that the pain is worse the closer you get to the nose becuase there are more nerve endings. I kind of disagree though. The most painful zaps for me were the ones right up on my cheekbone near the eye. My eyes teared up immediately.

:evil:({|=

it was so much pain

and almost took an hour

she did my whole nose like 9 times

it hurt like hell

she didnt do my lip area

and they dont charge ike that

she just does the place that need to be zapped my

moustache area did not need to be.

Frank you look really good. Damn pretty boy lol. Congratulations on your fantastic results and when does the third installment of Lord of the Rings come out? LOL

Anybody else see the resemblance between Frank and Froddo?

What scars are you talking about Franky.

You have shallow pitted scarring that looks like dimples on your left and right cheeks. Are they the scars? They sort of blend in with the contours of your face.

You have no hyperpigmentation at all which is good.

I want smoothbeam in my country :evil: and i want it now.

smoothbeam is working!!!!! :evil:/

It's been two weeks since my last appointment... and I am lookin' good!!!!! The scars are filling in and fading.

This is great! =D>

i dont think ive seen any improvement the past 4 days

maybe it takes more time?

and im expecting to much

ehh oh well.

Its still awesome!

Hello50,

Don't despair. First of all if you're going to see any improvement from your 1st treatment it won't be until at least two weeks after the treatment. Secondly, most people don't see improvement until a few weeks after their SECOND treatment. Also, like I said to you before, you really need to use lidocaine so that the practioner can crank up the machine w/out causing you a lot of pain... My treatments are on setting 12. If I recall correctly yours was only on 10. Unless you're dark and/or have pigmentation problems there is really not reason she can't turn it up a little... as long as you are numb.

So be patient you can not possibly see reasults until at least two weeks after your treatment.

Its weird cuz

after the first week

all my redness was prcatially gone

and my scars improved 30%

now it seems at a slow down.

Guest niko

I had my first treatment on 10 but I want the rest on 13 (4 left) after hearing the great results your all getting.

Hello50, how indented are your scars?

I CAN't GET SMOOTHBEAM DONE CAUSE I AM ON ACCUTANE... THEN I HAVE TO WAIT A FUCKING 6 months... if accutane works out for me... I already having liver problems :evil:

Im not sure like the rest i have now are like .05m or .1mm

I dont know how 30% percent of my scars just went away

super fast and i keep checking and it really did now the results seem to have slown

but its only been two weeks

what od you guys think?

I use to have some shallow scars like .01 and stuff but they went away

my two deep ones filled up like .05m and so did the rest except my forehead im not sure maybe it dea

di have very bad memory.

lol but i know so far

im sure 99% 30% imrovement

but i dont get how i improved so fast but now it just sucks

maybe tommrow or sunday i will get more improvement.

Im gettin impatient and i dont know why.

I'm veri intrigued by this procedure.I have shallow scarring on both of my cheecks, the kind you can't see when you stretch your skin out.I would definitely like to get this done.Any of you people in Los Angeles or anywhere close by any chance?

I'd like to get excited, but it seems like .05mm and .10mm scars are shallow enough to be treated successfully with less expensice AHA or lactic acid peels.

What are the risks? How long do results last? I have read from several places that wrinkles and fine lines treated with non-ablative lasers come back after a year, I don't know if that would apply to scars as well.

I hope I am not being too skeptical. I've gotten great improvement in my very shallow scars and redness just with lactic acid and copper products. I've spent less than $100 on these products. I'd be willing to try smoothbeam if it could offer improvement to moderate scars and large pores, not just very shallow scars.