Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FrankY

Smoothbeam works....

Hey Franky,

If you are still checking this board can you tell me the name of your smoothbeam doc. I am in the tri-state area and really want to give smooth beam a shot. I fanyone else knows where Franky goes for smooth beam feel free to offer your inout. Thanks!

Just a word of caution. After my last smoothbeam treatment, I scratched an area on my face kind of by accident which I think left a new scar. It was possibly a small blister that I hadn't noticed and I scratched my face taking a small peice of skin off. Oh well, it's not really very noticeable but kind of looks like a slight fingernail imprint. It also may go away within a month or two but hasn't yet. Just thought I would mention to any folks getting smoothbeam "DO NOT SCRATCH YOUR FACE".

hi all

i would like to know where can i find smoothbeam treatment in melbourne australia.. if anyone who have done it here.. can ya also quote me the price and the office/doctor which performed the treatment? thank you O:) ..

Hi

Anybody knows if SB is available in or around Montreal? I've had severe acne for a few years now, and the only time I have clear skin is during Summer. I'm starting to get tired of this little game of waiting all year long untill Summer so I can have a normal life for a few months.

Oh, and I've been on Accutane 4 times, yes 4 TIMES and the acne always came back no matter what, except during Summer. Do you guys think there's still hope for me or should I kill myself now.

to combatscars: dr.greg goodman in trak centre, toorak performs smoothbeam for around AUD 200 - 300, i forgot, i've had it done around six months ago..

ok im going for my first smoothbeam treatment should i be excited??did anyone see a difference the first time?

Hey,

I'm new to this board--this is my first post--but I'm really intrigued by the success of the Smoothbeam (congrats to you), and it's just nice to find some people who are actively seeking treaments for these crappy scars.

Does anyone have any experience with glycolic acid peels? I just got this halacious glycolic acid peel, only 20 percent, a month ago and I was on Differin--this dermatologic "surgeon" told me I could use it up until the procedure---it was only left on for four minutes but the combination of Differin and the acid ripped by skin, is still ripping my skin, and giving me more scars than I ever had before. The old scars seem like a dream. I've been to two dermatologists and three plastic surgeons, even went to the Mayo Clinic, because I can't touch my face without scarring.

Has anyone ever heard of/experienced this? No one seems to know what's going on except the manufacturer of Differin who said this showed up in clinical trials.

Any of your wisdom would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

hey nico,

If I were you I would move to Florida, if I knew I could move some where warm and clear my skin at the same time I would be there in a heart beat

Heath...I have never heard of Differn gel causing that kind of side effect. I don't know if it has to do with you doing peels at the same time. If you have active acne, I suggest that you take care of that first before focusing too much on your scars....if we all never had acne, we would never be here contemplating how to treat our scars. Best of luck to you and I hope Differn gel ppl can give you a good explanation.