Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FrankY

Smoothbeam works....

Guys I have had 2 smoothbeam sessions over that past 7 weeks, my 3rd is tommorow I HAD large pore, small icepick and rolling scars.... Malt vinegar nightly combigned with these treatments has yealded me an 80% imrovement thus far after only 2 treatments - EVERYONE is saying how they notice. I feel like I have my liofe back and thats why I have not been here that much lately - I almost feel guilty... I will try and check back as much as possible and ill let u all know about any continued success.... and finally thank your Maya and Tamara and all other who have been so supportive!!!!!!!!!!

Hi FrankY!

That is wonderful news!!!

Could you please tell us what setting the SmoothBeam was on (if you know)?

Don't feel guilty -- It's great that you are enjoying your life. :)

Thank you for coming back to let us know about your progress.

Hes right this is miracle

even though i still got acne wtf?

The redness in my face is totally gone

10% of my scars are disappared

its only been 10 days.

When you look in the light my scars only get better.

You berly can see them.

FrankY!!!!!!

I was just thinking of you this morning and thinking about how I haven't seen any posts from you on the boards lately and I thought to myself "he's probably all clear and lookin' grrrreat!" =D>

I am so glad I was right!

The smoothbeam is working for me also! :-/ Had my second treatment a week and a half ago. My one scar has improved ALOT - it's ALMOSt gone! :(/

But the other one is still there :) But I have three more treatments to go so I am definately optimistic.... besides the one that is still there - I hate it but can live with it... it's not in a very noticeable area. The one that is improving I just couldn't live with it's right next to my mouth - definitely hard to cover up! so it's great that the smoothbeam is making it disappear.

My doc is giving me vbeam and smoothbeam! first the vbeam and then the smoothbeam. it's great! I look fine the next day and no peeling like the first time and no laser marks...

So happy for you!!!! =D>

its like the 10th day

my scars are almost gone, with only one treatment

i think that 8-9 zaps she did all ove rmy face really did the trick.

Could someone tell me where to get smoothbeam in London, UK? I can't find anything online.

How much does this stuff actually cost? how many treatments are needed? is there downtime?

Thx

This is really encouraging to hear about Smoothbeam. Have any of you who've had smoothbeam treatments, get any procedures prior to smoothbeam such as co2 or erbium laser? Also, has anyone had poor results from smoothbeam?

Could someone tell me where to get smoothbeam in London, UK? I can't find anything online.

Thx

Not available in the UK (yet)

Hi!

I found a derm on the smoothbeam website who does smoothbeam in my area and I am going to make an appointment with her soon. I guess she will have to look at my scars first to see if I am a good candidate for smoothbeam but I have a feeling I will be (I have mostly shallow to medium scars and a couple of deep ones - the deep ones I am looking into TCA CROSS). I did a search on smoothbeam on this board and read all the posts here but I don't think I found the answers to a few questions I had and was wondering if you (FrankY, Hello50, MaryTheres,...) could help me.

1. I want to continue using Skinbiology's Exfol Cream, TriReduction and Super Cop while/if I do get smoothbeam. They have been working quite well and I was wondering if any of you use these products in between the smoothbeam treatments.

2. Is it okay to use the 50% lactic acid peel weekly in between smoothbeam treatments?

3. Can you share your skincare/scar-care regimen while doing smoothbeam treatments? What do you think is the best way/product to use to enhance the effects of smoothbeam?

I know these are questions that my derm can answer and I will definitely be asking her too. But I am afraid she'll say not to use any of these products and tell me to get a whole bunch of new (and expensive) things, saying that I HAVE to use them or else... I just want to get advice from someone who's been there, someone who KNOWS what it's like. Would appreciate your help!

1.I dont think so, and besides i was on trazorac and my skin is even softer than it was when it peeled ever day

2. Is it okay to use the 50% lactic acid peel weekly in between smoothbeam treatments? - no need really, and i dont think, they made me signs forms you cant use anything two aweeks before/after

3. Can you share your skincare/scar-care regimen while doing smoothbeam treatments? What do you think is the best way/product to use to enhance the effects of smoothbeam? -Their really isnt any. Smoothbeam in theory is the best thing, (damages the under skin layer, collagen).

I guess the thing is to do it and wait out and see what happens then look into TCA peels

CO2 laser barely works on shallow scarring and people are saying that smoothbeam is working for them and Longits is saying Nlite is cleared his scars 80%.

How shallow does the scarring have to be. I have heard 0.3mm from some of you which is shallow. Anything above 0.5-1mm i reckon is moderate. 1mm above is deep scarring. Franky, Hello50 and Marytheres can you see your scarring in the mirror from a distance. Like walk back 1 meter from the bathroom mirror and let the sun shine on your face (if it can enter the room) and do you see it.

Does smoothbeam work on depressed areas which are not clearly defined scars. Like areas up to 1-2cm sq which are depressed or is it just small 1-3mm wide rolling to boxcar scars that get success.

when i stand back one meter from the mirror and into the light it shows only on worst possible angles

but it doesnt look like craters

it just looks like undented skin.

btw

mouse

knice

and wildcard

they all left

and had results with smoothbeam

So we are like the 3rd generation to get results :-p

The three of them said they have progress then suddenly disappaered

can you see your scarring in the mirror from a distance

Most of them - no. One of them, however, I think you could see in the mirror from a distance (if it wasn't right under my chin - a location which helps camoflogue it alot). That is also the one that has seen no improvement yet after two smoothbeams. Other than that one bad one all of the others are quite shallow and are disappearing with the smoothbeam. :)/ I am real happy with my results so far and I have three more treatments to go!

JUST GOT BACK from my 3rd treatment - Please excuse me if it takes me a while to reply as I m hanging out with my ex-gf a lot again, working, going to the beach and playing Capcom Vs. SNK EO on Xbox Live all the time!!! (BEST GAME EVER!!!)

Jay - My scars are/were like yours... They got better over time but were always slightly there and when I broke out last year I was left with some rolling ones on top of that... all this led me to smoothbeam. Jay - Smoothbeam will improve your already fine appearance greatly!

I would take note that I...

Use vinegar once every night or other night (I skip days when im out and stuff)

Take 2-4 Grams Vit C a day

1 Flax daily

50 mg zinc daily

I pay 350 a session so after my 3rd treatment today I owe 1050 but my doc seems to like me and his words to me are "Stop in and pay a hundread here and there - i dont care as long as you are seeing improvements and you are making some attempt to pay, I know how money situations with college students are, $100 - 200 a month is fine... just don't skip town"

Needless to say I think I have one of the greatest doctor ever and he is doing this for me cause I am having insurance problems... he would definatly NOT do this for just anyone...

I paid 300 today because I could afford it right now and that'll give me a lil leeway before my next.

I have REAL improvements and I will post pics if someone can shgow me a good place that will host them. I dont have many good before pics but I have good after ones so that may help a lil - To give u guys a good idea of my scarring I had Jay's type with more rolling and about 20-30 enlarged pore type scars that look like very shallow icepics...

Also... to give u an idea I had the type of scarring in this picture pretty much, but mine covered a larger area of each cheek and I have the kind of results in this pic...

http://www.candelalaser.com/smoothbeam2/im...a_scars2_lg.jpg

And heres a pic I took of me after the beach 4 days ago so Im a lil dark and its a lil digitized so I think it makes my skin look slightly better - even tho u can make out the one zit and whatnot - My face looks a LOT better - I am telling you I HAD major indents...

http://www.geocities.com/fmmflight/Closeup.jpg

UPDATE: I updated the pic to make it bigger so u can see detail more easily and if the pic doesn't load click refresh...

P.S. I dyed my hair black yesterday and I look a lot less fruity now :)

Ditto Denise =D> Yeah FrankY - you look great, really happy for you :)

Thanks for hanging around and posting your results - you're a great sport.