Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
charlie_farly

Alcohol Vs Acne?

Hello there,

When ever i drink beer, i always seem to get a flare up shortly after . Anyone else experience this???

Im not sure whether this is purely coincidental, or if they are linked in anyway.

Obviously this isnt good, because I like drinking! :dance:

yeah when i have been drinking, i seem to get a breaj out, i think its just the crap coming out of your body or the alcohol!... my theory any way.

If I stick to triple distilled vodka I actually find an improvement in skin. I do drink water between drinks or mix it in. I can do half a big bottle (0.5 Litre) of vodka with water with no ill effects, not even loss of sleep. Whereas whiskey or any other booze has congeners (poisons) which are expelled thru skin and give me a hangover and screw my skin up if I go on a bender. Vodka has practically no congeners, in fact Smirnoff blue label is as clear as water, in fact clearer!

Cheers :)

who cares reeealy the only thing that gets my mind of acne etc is a nice big bottle of JD!so go out and enjoy yourself! and stop thinking of links to acne etc etc etc :dance:

PS damn mishmosh is fine! ;)

who cares reeealy the only thing that gets my mind of acne etc is a nice big bottle of JD!so go out and enjoy yourself! and stop thinking of links to acne etc etc etc :dance:

PS damn mishmosh is fine! ;)

Who cares?

Looking better + a girls beer goggles = higher probability of an amazing time for us undeserving men :)

I always get more pimples after a "real" night out... Anyone have any "no acne after a party" tips ? :) I have read that alcohol screw up hormones, and thats the reason..?

i have exactly the same problem. My skin flares up, it goes dry and spots become bigger. I was just about to make a post about the same thing, i thougght i might be the only one, but it seems not.

i dunno, it may agrivate acne coz the toxins have 2 b released throu ur pores in ur skin.....if u worried id just drink lots of water 2 flush ur kidneys. But neway my point is i dont think it really triggers a breakout, i think the acne that forms wudda formed neway, coz it has neva reli affected me and once ive started the regimen and nearly got clear it doesnt make ne difference at all......thats with both spirits and lots of beer :P

If you wake up with a breakout the night after youve been drinking, I don't think this can be alcholol related. This is because skin is one of the last things to be afftected by what you eat and drink and it should take a couple of days to feel the effect of drinking, if indeed it does at all. :)

well i had a big breakout 2 weeks ago and its just clearing. However i drunk a lot over xmas so im hoping nothing major happens with my skin. Stopped drinking from now though unless i go out etc

After a heavy night drinking, my skin actually looks better - i don't know why, i don't even wash it.

I stopped drinking for about 2 weeks and my acne got worse!

Hello there,

When ever i drink beer, i always seem to get a flare up shortly after . Anyone else experience this???

Im not sure whether this is purely coincidental, or if they are linked in anyway.

Obviously this isnt good, because I like drinking! :dance:

alcohol affects the liver. and if the liver is in bad nick then so will your skin.if you can't stop drinking alcohol,then drink more water daily,its the only thing that will help.