Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DipSet

am finally on accutane !!~

so after 5 laser treatmetns, after topical gel i can think of, vitmains, diets etc. my mom has finally gone agnist her 110% hate of accuatne and decided to get me on accuatne as a last resort... anyway.

during this time, is working out bad for you? i play basketball on the reg, and is it bad? also i understand alcohol is a big no no, but anything else that i should really look out for and any tips? am real excited to fnally get on it but at the same time a bit nervous. also when was the 1st time you guys saw some results?

i have read tons of info on accuatne i just want your personal experinces or tips that i cant find anywhere else.

thanks alot guys.

I'll be done with tane in one month.

tips: Working out is fine, I like to shower after I work out. Watch out for Vitamin A, don't wash with harsh cleansers, and be patient. I had sorta a high dosage, I saw results in a month. (I'm on a 4 month, high dosage course).

I didn't see real results for like 3 months or so, so hang in there; it could be sooner or later for you, ya never know. toward the latter part of my course I would get pretty sore from lifting weights, so make sure you stretch pretty good on the tane. Cetaphil's the best facewash while on tane in my opinion. Their lotion with spf is good too. Vitamin E is good to take too, it helps moisturize from the inside or somethin...good luck and have the chapstick ready

I didn't see real results for like 3 months or so, so hang in there; it could be sooner or later for you, ya never know. toward the latter part of my course I would get pretty sore from lifting weights, so make sure you stretch pretty good on the tane. Cetaphil's the best facewash while on tane in my opinion. Their lotion with spf is good too. Vitamin E is good to take too, it helps moisturize from the inside or somethin...good luck and have the chapstick ready

do u have like really dry skin ?? im on 60mg and will start in 4 days. If u have AIM , my sn is vnhung1 , we can discuss more , thanks

during this time, is working out bad for you? i play basketball on the reg, and is it bad?

Accutane can effect your bones, joints, and muscles. There have been reports of lessened bone density and unusual bone fractures (usually after multiple high dose courses), and if you injure yourself on Accutane your healing response is slowed. So try real hard not to get hurt instead of pushing yourself for ultimate performance. You may want to explain about the medication to your coach so that they understand your limits may be a bit lower than normal. If you are lifting weights as part of your training, pay close attention to your body's signals, and don't hestitate to lift lighter weights for the duration of the course if your normal schedule feels uncomfortable. Because of the decreased healing response, it's much easier to overtrain. You will experience less of these side effects on a lower dose (for instance Craigems is on a microdose for a long time and has been able to lift heavy during his course) than on a higher dose. Muscle and deep bone aches are pretty common - taking a fish oil supplement may ease the pain, and the occasional OTC pain reliever is OK. Unfortunately, these effects may persist after treatment, although probably not as bad as during, or they may go away after treatment, or you might not experience them at all.