Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lafasta

Finally got accutane!

Hey everyone,

I'm happy to announce that I have finally been perscribed accutane! :dance: YAY! I can't believe it! The only thing i'm worried about is the dose amount that my doc perscribed. 20mg a day for the first month!?! My doc says that since i don't weigh very much, (I only weigh 105lbs) he's gonna start me off low and work up to only 40mg day tops. Is this too low? Cuz if this doesn't work i'm gonna freak out! I'm so sick of takin' all these BC pills, antibiotics, creams and everything! Has anyone else out there had success with such low dose? I'd love any advice i could get! Thanx guys.

AWESOME ! today i finally also got prescribed, its been mention to me before by like evry derm but my mom finally gave into it.

am so happy, but also a little nervous, am takin my first pill today :dance:

Hey everyone,

I'm happy to announce that I have finally been perscribed accutane! :dance: YAY! I can't believe it! The only thing i'm worried about is the dose amount that my doc perscribed. 20mg a day for the first month!?! My doc says that since i don't weigh very much, (I only weigh 105lbs) he's gonna start me off low and work up to only 40mg day tops. Is this too low? Cuz if this doesn't work i'm gonna freak out! I'm so sick of takin' all these BC pills, antibiotics, creams and everything! Has anyone else out there had success with such low dose? I'd love any advice i could get! Thanx guys.

Congratulations|! Really hope it brings you clear skin for the future.

Don't worry about the low dose to start with. The standard is normally 40mg daily anyway if you check the rest of the board. Your Derm must be a clever one though as he/she is just trying to minimise the breakout effect by slowly getting your body and skin warmed to accutane on the 20mg dose. You'll thank them soon trust me!

I suggest you keep an accutane log and share your thoughts with others. We're all here to support you. Good luck! :clap:

Yeah! I'm so happy for you! I sincerely hope that it works. Just wondering about if and when I ever have to go on it what dosage I would be since I weigh much less than that, yet I have severe acne. Hmm, something to think about.

Thanx for the replies. I get my perscription next week hopefully if my blood work is okay. I really can't wait. So you think 20mg isn't too low? I guess if it minimizes the initial breakout thats a bonus. Has anyone else started out this low? Just wanted to know cuz i'm wondering what i'm gonna go thru. Most of the logs on the msg board are for people who have started with higher doses so its kinda hard to compare. Anyways, if anyone has any other advise or anything let me know. Thanx!!