Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Let me just start off by saying my acne is not horrible...It's mainly on my t-zone. But its just getting worse and worse. Everytime I look into the mirror I want to cry, I dont want to leave my house to go to school or work. I'm sitting here right now getting ready to go to class and all I can think about is my horrible skin. Makeup covers it up okay but my skin is sooo f'ing oily that after like 30 minutes my makeup looks disgusting.

I've tried everything, right now I'm taking olive leaf extract because I heard it kills Candida, however I dont know if I have Candida. I do switch my products alot because I'm so impatient its pathetic. I can't live like this anymore, I'm so sad :(

If I had good skin i'd be the happiest person, this is the only thing that is crippling me...I'm a goodlooking girl and i'm happy with my looks and my life but my skin is ruining everything. I cant be myself anymore, I'm just a miserable person right now and its too bad because I know how happy I would be if this would just go away.

I'm 20 f'ing years old and its like I never had a real break from this shit..

Oh well I'm just venting and it actually helped a little...its too bad that when I look in the mirror before I go to school i'll be miserable again :(

Guest Poker-Butt

im sorry to hear u feel awful about ur skin...i get like that quite often...i know it sux :( .... i was doing jess exfoliation ,maybe uve heard of it she's got a big thread like 92 pages ....anyway, it didnt work for me but it keep my t-zone real nice...my t-zone is my oily problem ....the rest of my face is normal which is why i believe it made my cheeks breakout...if ur face is oily this regimen might work for u...check it out

hi, i used to be in your position with acne and oily skin. all i can say is one thing, accutane. as soon as i got on accutane i basically immediately noticed that my skin was not as near as oily as it was. it also cleared up my pretty bad acne throughout my face and chest within months. having acne sucks really bad and i hated to wash my face thoroughly 2-3 times a day and not seeing any results really at all. i remember how bad it was to be forced to think about my face basically 24/7 and i hated that my self esteem was lowering. when i was on accutane i didnt even need to wash my face at all, i only washed it a few times and it was mostly when i first started it. so i recommend accutane if your acne is fairly bad including cysts. i only wish i would of started accutane sooner so my scars wouldnt be as bad, but atleast its not worse than it is.

god bless accutane. :dance:

To decrease oil you might try adding CLA to your diet (conjugated linoleic acid). Too much exfoliation will just stimulate sebaceous glands causing more oil. Not all oily skins have acne so your problem may be as simple as a demodex mite infection or as complex as an neuro/endrocrine imbalance. A simple plan I use often times for some people that works is

CLA 3 gel caps every AM

( I like this better than B5 but if you are highly stressed B5 is also needed with a good multi vitamin)

No sodas with bromides or phosphoric acid

zinc up to 150mg in divided doses add copper as needed, but for the most part we have enough copper in water pipes. Do this only for 3 weeks then drop the zinc down to 25mg/day if you need more you will know your skin will tell. But never use 150mg for loner than 3 months.

Chromium GTF 200-400mcg/day

Beta glucan 1/3 1/6- 250-500mg /day

Face Doctors RX Soap, along with the surgeons soap AM/PM

Seabucthorn Oil masks 1-2 x/week (put oil on face then use heated moist towel in the microwave to wrap face with then rinse off face with warm water) Leave this on for 15 minutes and if you find you are too oily you can use the the face doctors soap after the mask. This kills the demodex mite as well as balances your skins matrix from transepidermal water loss etc. You also can add castor oil to the mix for antibacterial effect without clogging your pores. Pure ricinoleic acid from the castor bean is better but it is only available from chemists. Spot treat lesions with sulfur ointments at night.

High frequency treatments from estheticians 1-3x week or buy a home machine IF YOU CAN. This really works well with the above.

Of course there is the standards of treament which medicine endorses but I think you tried that. But if not perhaps a dermatologist is needed here too. Spironolactone, accutane, antibiotics, retinoids etc are some of the options as you know.

Make sure your makeup is not contaminated with bacteria, I am sure you know that too.

I realize this is not the right forum for this post but I did not know where else to find you.

wow dreame, as i was reading your post i almost thought i was reading one of my posts. i feel EXACTLY the same way you do. i know i got it in all the right places, but obviously our faces are what people always look at...for the most part :D

i cried myself to sleep last night because i've been battling this for over 10 years. it sucks knowing that people refer to me as "the girl with the pimples." what the hell, ya know? it's so disrespectful, but people who don't suffer from it just don't understand, i think that's what makes it so hard.

i've gone through nasty phases and clear phases, and people DEFINITELY are nicer when your skin is clear. which is pathetic.

my advice that i tell myself everyday is that NO ONE is perfect. if their face is clear, there's something else in there life that has to plague them. that's life, man.

What treatments have you tried so far?

well I've tried A LOT!!

BP (it works okay, right now i have natures cure bp on)

Baking Soda (made my skin look beautiful for like a week then stopped working)

Tetracycline (helped and kept the breakouts away for about 4 months after I got off of it)

Salcylic Acid (smoothed my skin a little bit but didnt make me clear, maybe i didnt use it long enough)

Klaron (worked a little but probably would never give me clear skin)

I eat well (im also a Vegetarian), drink tons of water, used to take a lot of vitamins and I still break out

I've basically tried every topical, but my problem is I dont want an initial breakout so I'm not using Differin (which my derm. gave me) and I'm impatient so if I dont see results in like a week or if it gets worse, I switch thing :naughty: ...

Right now i'm taking Natures cure pills for females

Washing with a cleanser identical to Cetaphil

using tea tree oil

and now i've added BP back in

I've also been juice carrots and cucumbers for over 3 weeks now, yet no results

I want a simple regimen that is gentle and that just makes me better and not worse before it makes me better (i cannot handle things like that)

thanks for the reply

I just want to thank everyone for their replies and for their help...i greatly appreciate it

here's the test that mick90 was alking about

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=47524

Hi olive_leaf...I actually did this yesterday and I had some stings and some go to the bottom and some discipate..So really I just dont know what it was...lol

I also took the test where you score your symptoms and I got a 58 which said its less likely that a person who scored that would have Candida.

If i have Candida and take Olive_leaf supplements will I start to breakout while it kills the Candida?

wow you sound like mw with the candida stuff.

I've been takeing Olive_leaf for a long time now, and I have never had a break out from it. I don't think that its helped at all (for me) but I'm still taking it (I have 2 more bottles after I'm done with them I think I'll stop useing it) some people say that coconut oil kills candida (been useing it for about 3 weeks and have not got a breakout from it) here's a link for it

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=61729

I'm looking around for something to kill candida if I find anything I'll let you know

I hope that this helps (sorry it'a a little off topic) Hope you fell better.

Guest tenshigirl25

maybe u can try diane 35, the contraceptive pill. www.diane35.com

and then go on accutane? i know everybody says go on accutane, but im 25, ive hid in my room, cried and thought i was an ugly beast and makeup just made me look worse with th creams and powders and all i wanted was a fresh clean face. Im on accutane now and the pill and im clearing...and that other person is right..ppl do treat u differently. times when my face is horrible i get shunned by society and when its clearing, i get the whistles from guys. it makes u strong so maybe look into accutane if its getting worse. I wish at 20 i had done it and not waited so long..i bet u heard that b4.

I kindof have a dilemma...I have a refill of Tetracycline which I was thinking of using, However, I also have facial flushing of my cheeks and i'm afraid that this pill is going to make it worse for me. It makes you more photosensitive. I cant deal with that as it is so if it makes me worse I just might die...lol

I was also reading in a Rosacea book i have (i dont have rosacea just red cheeks), that Accutane is used in VERY-LOW doses and it significantly helped facial redness, papules..etc in rosacea patients. My question is: If I were to take a very low dose say 10 or 5 milligrams daily, would that help my oil production and acne...and will I be less likely to have the horrible side effects?

I just dont know what to do

EDIT*

I just finished reading all the reviews about B5 and it sounds very promising for people with oily skin..You wouldnt believe how oily my skin is..and I only breakout where I'm oily..coincidence? I think not!!

I'm going to start taking B5 and see what happens, i'd feel better taking a vitamin than I would taking a major drug.

I will also continue the Olive Leaf and see what happens...this time I'm going to stick with something and not give up like I always do when it comes to my skin.

I'm really excited, but I dont want to get my hopes up too much about B5 because knowing my luck it wont work :rolleyes:

I'll keep you all posted on my results...wish me luck! :D

i can totally relate to u as well. If it weren't for the acne i would be a very happy person. I'm pretty happy with my life for the most part other than the acne. I've also tried alot of things and nothing seems to work so i might go on accutane soon if my doc perscribe it to me

listen guys, let me tell you. stop fooling around with b5, diet and all that other non sense and get accutane immidately....especialy if you have oily skin...TOPICALS AND CREAMS WILL NOT STOP THE OIL PEOPLE. OIL IS THE ROOT OF THE PROBLEM AND ONLY ACCUTANE ATTACKS ACNE AT THE ROOT, WHICH IS THE OIL PRODUCTION.

dont waste your time and money on all that other garbage.

I kindof have a dilemma...I have a refill of Tetracycline which I was thinking of using, However, I also have facial flushing of my cheeks and i'm afraid that this pill is going to make it worse for me. It makes you more photosensitive. I cant deal with that as it is so if it makes me worse I just might die...lol

I was also reading in a Rosacea book i have (i dont have rosacea just red cheeks), that Accutane is used in VERY-LOW doses and it significantly helped facial redness, papules..etc in rosacea patients. My question is: If I were to take a very low dose say 10 or 5 milligrams daily, would that help my oil production and acne...and will I be less likely to have the horrible side effects?

I just dont know what to do

EDIT*

I just finished reading all the reviews about B5 and it sounds very promising for people with oily skin..You wouldnt believe how oily my skin is..and I only breakout where I'm oily..coincidence? I think not!!

I'm going to start taking B5 and see what happens, i'd feel better taking a vitamin than I would taking a major drug.

I will also continue the Olive Leaf and see what happens...this time I'm going to stick with something and not give up like I always do when it comes to my skin.

I'm really excited, but I dont want to get my hopes up too much about B5 because knowing my luck it wont work :rolleyes:

I'll keep you all posted on my results...wish me luck! :D

Horrible side effects from the accutane when will people learn. Reasons to go on accutane. clear skin less oil. Reasons not to side effects that are mainly for one percent of the population. Ive known loads of kids that went on it and dont know anyone thats had a bad reaction. I ahve posted before what my derm told me about why there are so many negatives to accutane. the political right does not like the fact that pregnant girls are encouraged to abort while on accunte. The senators kid killed himself causing the senator to blam,e the pills rather than his lack of parenting to explain why his son commited suicide. Teen suicides and depression. this side effect always gives me a chuckle. who is silly enough not to realize that there is an obvious connection to severe acne and acne scarring and depression and or suicide? There is no way to say if the pills really do cause these psychological effects but use common sense and most people come to the right conclusion. The internal damage is checked to make sure it is not occuring once a month. There is no way your gonna f your liver up in on month. And finally the remainign side effects which are the really severe ones involving pressure in the brain are caused by using the wrong antibiotics while on accutane. This is all explained to u prior to going on the medication. Sorry to write a book but I believe accuaten gets a totally unfair shake.