Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Okay, well I keep reading these topics where people say "well this product sort of worked... "blahblah well I have been cured of my acne for a few months now and I thought I'd give my 2 cents on what I do. I tried TONS of things-all the face clearing-acne fighting-etc facewashes out there (neutrogena, clean and clear, clinique... etc), I went to the dermatologist and got perscribed minocin, cleocin-t (or whatever.. that lotion stuff), tazorac, differin... NONE of it worked. What finally worked?

PROACTIV. My life safer. HOLy... literally day TWO of using the product, my face was suddenly not oily anymore and it was so smooth, and whatever acne i had was dramatically smaller or gone. this was on day 2 too. i remember it clearly.. i was so shocked. i know it's different for everyone but i'm just letting everyone know about my experience hopefully to encourage some people to try and and maybe you'd get the same fast results as me. in fact i remember the very FIRST time i put on the moisturizer... i thought, "WOW MOISTURIZER HAS NEVER FELT SO WONDERFUL ON MY FACE"

well, i finished all my proactiv and found CARLEY's. their product is absolutely wonderful... the bar is nice and lathery and keeps my face clean.. it's also very gentle. their cleanser is also wonderful.. my face feels so fresh and smooth after. and their moisturizer is a godsend! sooo moisturizing and it absorbs right into your skin the instant you put it on. again, my skin doesn't get oily after putting on this product. i love, i love! although, if you have a lot of acne i'd definitely recommend using proactiv first to get rid of it and use carley's to just maintain the great complexion you'll get with proactiv.

nowadays, "breaking out" for me means 1 or 2 small pimples around my period. i love it :)

I just ordered Proactive and I was wondering if you had any side effects. I've searched the board and there has been positive and negative comments on the product.

Thanks

hey superchick1, proactiv may make ur face a little dry bc of the bp, if ur face burns just use it once a day and then gradually use 2 a day, but so far for me its doin good,

actually i had no side effects at all.. no dryness or anything. i did previously have a lot of dryness (especially when i was using tazorac UGHHHH my skin was CONSTANTLY peeling and i was so embarrassed to go outside.. ugh) proactiv just worked like a dream on my face <3<3

Watch out that stuff has a tendency to have a good first impression. Then after a few weeks you might start noticing that you are getting alot of little pimples on your forehead or other areas. If you do it is the proactive.

I would definatly not suggest proactiv for anyone with sensitive. I used said product last year around christmas time for a little over a month, it was quite possibly the worst thing ive ever done to my skin. It left my face read blotchy broken out and amazingly greasy. Crappy stuff IMHO.

alex

Ive used proactiv for quite a while without noticing any harmful side effects. Only thing that is bad about it is how little you get for the price.