Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
y2kbos1987

In the old days

Are more people today affected by acne than say the 60's and 70's.I was just wondring as i asked my father who is 46 and mother 41 did they have acne when there were a young.And they said no maybe the odd spot and that they cant remember there friends or other people having acne except for a spot or 2.And it has got me wondering has the bacteria that causes evolved or something in the last 15 years and how come more people seem to be affected today than in the past.Is it cause we fuss about or skin more or people just didnt notice back then cause it wasnt a bad thing they had more worries in there lives.Ahh i dont know

The accounts told to me by my parents are the opposite, they say a lot more people had it back in their day. This is probably because there are more effective treatments nowadays, as well as the attitude coming through that acne is a disease which needs to be treated as opposed to simply a teenage phase.

Guest Poker-Butt

i think the world is coming to an end real soon and its one of god's plague's ....rather than leprosy(not too sure but i think it was mentioned in the bible as one of the plague's back in the day) ...

yea i agree with poker-butt....look at the plagues...(sars, bird flu,AIDS,HIV) the disasters ( katrina, tsunami ) and the wars ( USA, IRAQ)

Are more people today affected by acne than say the 60's and 70's.I was just wondring as i asked my father who is 46 and mother 41 did they have acne when there were a young.And they said no maybe the odd spot and that they cant remember there friends or other people having acne except for a spot or 2.And it has got me wondering has the bacteria that causes evolved or something in the last 15 years and how come more people seem to be affected today than in the past.Is it cause we fuss about or skin more or people just didnt notice back then cause it wasnt a bad thing they had more worries in there lives.Ahh i dont know

My uncles suffered from it and grew beards.

My aunt who I never thought had acne told me shes used peroxide (shes a hairdresser) for decades.

I think cos we eat more food these days especially protein which used to be expensive we are taller and more muscular and like bodybuilders on steroids/high protein diets we have more testosterone induced acne.

my mom was a teen in the sixties, she said everyone had acne, just no one made a big deal about it because they all had it. It wasn't a big focus for anyone.

The accounts told to me by my parents are the opposite, they say a lot more people had it back in their day. This is probably because there are more effective treatments nowadays, as well as the attitude coming through that acne is a disease which needs to be treated as opposed to simply a teenage phase.

I tend to agree with this.

There used to not be any effective medicines, so everyone had acne and just tried not to worry about it, there was nothing you could really do except wait to grow out of it.

i think the world is coming to an end real soon and its one of god's plague's ....rather than leprosy(not too sure but i think it was mentioned in the bible as one of the plague's back in the day) ...

yea i agree with poker-butt....look at the plagues...(sars, bird flu,AIDS,HIV) the disasters ( katrina, tsunami ) and the wars ( USA, IRAQ)

Huh?? Acne is a plague???

I disagree :rolleyes: There has always been plagues (f.e black death plague swept over europe in 1374 killing a lot more than those modern day plagues), there's always been disasters too (tsunamis, hurricanes, even ice ages) and do I even have to mention wars :lol2: As long as there is humans there will also be wars :boohoo:

Way to prophesy, poker-butt.

My dad had bad acne probobly worse than mine but he said they didnt really fuss about it as much then , he said when in school people used to come in boasting how big the pimple on there nose was lol. sounds crazy to me.