Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
clearskinplease

My Clear Skin Regimen log

I ordered BP Gel today. I have hope, but my dad doesn't (in "miracle" products), so I had to get it sort of secretly.

Quick Bio:

-16 year old male

-Acne is probably mild-moderate now, leaning towards moderate

-I get pimples and whiteheads, not very large but numerous

-Covers cheeks on both sides and area b/w eyebrow and hairline seemingly all the time, it doesn't seem to fade

-Forehead, b/w eyebrows, and chin are generally mild, but a pimple here is very noticeable

I have tried, in order:

-Doctor dumbly prescribed Tazorac - month and a half

-Derma Cleanse capsules - 2 months

-Proactiv - about 5-6 weeks

-Erytop, from India, my grandfather is a doctor there - it is clindamycin phosphate gel - several months

-Vitamin B5 - 10 grams a day - about 4 weeks

Of all of those, I'd say B5 worked the best because I really did notice less oil, even though I'm not that oily. My pores got smaller, and I must say I was confident it would work. I took it in powder form and I guess my parents didn't like seeing their kid take so much of "drug". They didn't buy me another tube. I lost a lot of hope

What I'm going to do, morning and night:

-Clean with Purpose bar

-Treat with BP Gel

-Moisturize with Neutrogena Oil-Free lotion

All three are recommended by Dan, and I will use them as stated. I won't hesitate to use as much BP gel as advised. I will switch to the Eucerin lotion when the time comes.

I should also mention that I don't shave a lot, but when I do I use King of Shaves gel. I will probably stop using that and go to lathering the bar.

And currently, all I do is clean with the Purpose bar morning and night, and I moisturize with the Neutrogena in the morning, but my skin isn't that dry.

Sooo... wish me luck :)

oh god I feel like a noob. I guess I am one.

Mods please move this to the clear-skin regimen section.

Thanks, and sorry for the mistake

Day 1

OK used it this morning. Cleaning went fine. Then the BP Gel itself. It's got a PERFECT texture for spreading and is largely sized.

I cover pretty much my whole face with a light layer. I felt fine 10 minutes after, but I still moisturized.

My one gripe:

My face looked so oily after moisturizing! I didn't even apply a lot. About 5-6 times during the day, I had to wipe my face with towels/toilet paper from the bathroom. After school I even had to do it. I got real close to the mirror and hit it and I noticed all the oil came off so I did that with my forehead and it seemed to work. Kinda weird I knw.

But I'll keep moisturizing, maybe less for now, or a little longer wait after applying the BP.

Another problem is that my chin and bottom of chin/upper neck are really ichy. I've got some facial hair over it, maybe I'll try shaving it. Same with my lower sideburns.

As far as acne, it's only been 1 day, I know not to judge. My acne's gotten worse of the past few weeks. Today, I didn't get any new pimples, but some current ones have become whiteheads, some have widened, and others are shrinking. I'll try to get pics up.

My questions:

What should I do about the moisturizer?

Day 1

OK used it this morning. Cleaning went fine. Then the BP Gel itself. It's got a PERFECT texture for spreading and is largely sized.

I cover pretty much my whole face with a light layer. I felt fine 10 minutes after, but I still moisturized.

My one gripe:

My face looked so oily after moisturizing! I didn't even apply a lot. About 5-6 times during the day, I had to wipe my face with towels/toilet paper from the bathroom. After school I even had to do it. I got real close to the mirror and hit it and I noticed all the oil came off so I did that with my forehead and it seemed to work. Kinda weird I knw.

But I'll keep moisturizing, maybe less for now, or a little longer wait after applying the BP.

Another problem is that my chin and bottom of chin/upper neck are really ichy. I've got some facial hair over it, maybe I'll try shaving it. Same with my lower sideburns.

As far as acne, it's only been 1 day, I know not to judge. My acne's gotten worse of the past few weeks. Today, I didn't get any new pimples, but some current ones have become whiteheads, some have widened, and others are shrinking. I'll try to get pics up.

My questions:

What should I do about the moisturizer?

Hi mate, I'm 23 and have been on the Regimen for about 3 1/2 weeks now. Followed it to the tee but have swapped mositurisers and cleanser so that may have some to do with my bad breakouts. Anyways, dont expect any miracles to happen until 7/8th week pal. Just hang in there as what else do you have to lose?

My acne is very similar to yours, although I get some big inflammed nodules I think, about 1cm wide and quite big. They really fu8k me off.

1. Don't worry about the excess oil, that'll subside very quickly as BP mounts up. It often is a little oily after moisturising anyway for a bit.
  2. I have a very itchy neck and chin area when I dont shave and quite a few flakes too. It's very important that you do shave pal every other day ideally, depending on stubble growth as this will prevent the itchiness and irritation. Just use the cleansing bar to get a decent shaving lather and shave, then wash again using bar.
  3. Keep the moisturiser until about week2 then I'd switch to Eurecin. It's really good for combatting the flakes and excessive dryness, but Neutrogena is also brilliant mate so dont frett yet.

I wish you the very best of luck my friend. Keep us posted. :)

Thanks Gregas.. good to have some kind words..

I plan to use it for a few months to get its full effect, I'm not really expecting anything as of now. If you look at my pics from 2 years ago from Proactiv and compare them to the pics of me on Day 1 of the regimen, you'd see my acne has subsided, but I still break out.

I'm gonna post Day 1 pics soon.

I know it doesn't really have to do with the regimen, but just after 1 day, a lot of my pimples subsided and that just made me happy.

I just got out of the shower and put on the BP gel, and as I add more, I definitely understand the need for the moisturizer.

I'll get those pics and other stuff up later.

hmm I missed a lot.

My second week went rather well up to Dec 4-6ish. Since then I've had a few breakouts of one or two pimples a day. I haven't got one big one lately, so I'm hoping that initial breakout is done with. But they have reduced a bit over the days.

I'm still confident it will work because before this breakout, I was looking clearer and clearer.

I simply can't use as much bp as dan recommends. I use maybe 1/4th. Any more than that just sits on my face. I've rubbed for ten minutes plus. My skin simply won't absorb even close to as much as dan suggests, unless I were to apply every 30 minutes for 2-3 hrs... which would probably melt my face off.

I also haven't found a moisturizor that helped my face any. My skin flaked real bad on the bottom hald of my cheeks. Shaving helped, washing with a washcloth and scrubbing a little helped. Moisurizor did nothing. No extra breakouts, no less dryness. And I used a top quality moisturizor.

BP seems a little usefull, but Im starting to think that oral drugs and exfoliation are the way to go unless you have hypersensitive skin. Just IMHO. Good luck to you though. And trust me, ask your parents about the vitamin. I don't doubt they'll buy it for you if you explain to them that it's supposed to be good for complexion.

Oh, I've tried explaining the complexion thing to them.

I think we have totally different types of skin. I can put as much BP on my face as I want and my skin will keep absorbing over 2-5 minutes. Once I apply a thin layer of moisturizer, there's no flaking or dryness all day.

I definitely don't think a washcloth and scrubbing is a good way to go.