Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
heybabe

Proactive is clearing my acne

Hey I have been on the boards for a little over a year now. I tried the regimen last year and it cleared me up but not as much as I would of liked, therefore I spent an entire year it seems like trying new things , and making my acne worst and worst. I talked to a friend of mine, snd she told me that the only thing that ever worked for her is proactive. yea yea I know what you are are thinking- its trash etc etc. But seriously I first bought the cleanser, and had already been using DDF toner, and I was using Duac, which is Bp/antibiotic- presrition the derm gave me, this combo worked wonders, I started seeing results in like three days, then even better I started using the Proactive Bp, and Wa la my acne is basically gone, and its only been two weeks.- I dont know how convincing this is, but I really think the culprit of proactive is that damn toner, with the dyes and all that Bs in it. Therefore, I use DDF glycolic toner- look at the reviews on drugstore.com and see for yourself how helpful this stuff is, You can get it at Sephora in the Mall or Nordstroms. Its pricey 25.00, but the bottle can last up to 3 months. Anyway

I recommend people to try Proactive excluding the toner ans substitute DDF toner for it. Use the Proactive Bp moisterizer after the toner, and do this 2x a day, your face will thank you for it!

Right on! I always liked their cleanser and bp lotion but the toner was definitely a deal breaker. Not only is it perfumey but it also lasts me like 10 good face applications. I don't know who the heck gets 2 months of twice daily facial applications of that toner. Certainly not me :)

LONG time lurker. I've basically been on the same regimen as you for the past two months. I've used Proactiv on and off for the past 6 months. I'm always trying to do research on better looking skin. I'm trying to improve the quality of my skin (skin tone, texture, etc) along with improving my condition of moderate acne.

I've watched Dr. Denesse (famous dermatologist on the Upper East Side in Manhattan) on public television giving a lecture on the importance of exfoliation. She recommended using a glycolic toner that is at least 8-10 percent. Using glycolic toner is two-fold. Firstly, it cleans the skin and makes sure any debris or dirt left behind by your cleanser is off. Second, it exlofiates which promotes cellular turnover (speeds up skin renewal rate). That's when I started using DDF glycolic toner 2 months ago. It was hard to find considering the Sephoras around my apartment were all sold out. I had to order online. Btw, glad the bottle lasts you 3 months. I finish mine in about 1 month. Heehe.

I saw clear skin last week but just yesterday and today, I've noticed 3 new zits. One on my forehead (Gandhi dot), one above my right eyebrow, and one right next to my mouth. I have to say though, the two whiteheads have come to a head rather quickly (within a matter of hours).

I've also implemented Jess's exfoliation method into my regimen. I use leftover Perricone ester-c gentle wash in conjunction with the oral b electric toothbrush.

Everything I'm doing now seems to combat every condition known to make acne. I've been taking GNC gold formula (minus iron) for the past two months as well.

I'm hoping that this recent flareup is just something I have to go through. I'm just hoping this current regiment works or else I might have to try ZZ cream or the green cream that was on these boards a while back.

Btw, I've been getting very snake-like skin on my jawline since using this regimen (2 months). Just last night, I managed to remove most of the snake-like skin (not flakey, just looks like uneven patches of skin, doesn't itch) on my jawline (both sides). I sometimes have to use another moisturizer on top of the proactiv one when I go out during the day. I sometimes apply Peter Thomas Roth's 10 % glycolic acid hydrating gel on top.

I'm currently spot treating the pimple with DDF's sulphur therauputic mask as I'm typing this.

i tried the proactive thing for like a week and a half while staying with my friend and idk it didn't do ANYthing. but the lotion dried my skin like 15 minutes after putting it on and i'm afraid to put another lotion all over my face becaues the acne is on the sides of my cheeks and chin and i think it may cause more acne so grrrr i don't know! fucking vanessa williams jessica simpson and p diddy i wonder if they digitalized that acne on their faces....

Right on! I always liked their cleanser and bp lotion but the toner was definitely a deal breaker. Not only is it perfumey but it also lasts me like 10 good face applications. I don't know who the heck gets 2 months of twice daily facial applications of that toner. Certainly not me :)

Yeah Jessica, I was always running out of toner WAY before the 2 months were up. Come to think of it, none of my products actually lasted me 2 months.

Yea I am telling everybody the toner is the culprit, because I remember when I used it in highschool, it was like clear skin up until a month then I broke out like crazy, and I remember saying that I thouht it was that damn toner because everything else was NICE! so this time instead of using both the Bp and cleanser I decided to exeriment first.. First I incorporated the cleanser and within a week I seen results then I said what the hell why not do the lotion, and now I am pratically 98% clear. Try DDF TONER I have been using it for about 3-4 months now and it works wonders!!