Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am wondering if acne is something that runs in the family or not. Neither of my parents had bad acne when they were young and neither of them have any blemishes on their face now. I had acne the worst out of me and my two siblings, my brother 2 years younger has never even had to see a derm. I'm 19 in less than two months and have gone on accutane once and it worked OK but it's starting to come back on my face and even my back a little. I'm hoping that I eventually grow out of it at some point so I don't have to use all these products/antibiotics just to maintain a subpar complexion. Seeing as my parents don't have acne and never had it bad, I'm hoping I won't either.

I am wondering if acne is something that runs in the family or not. Neither of my parents had bad acne when they were young and neither of them have any blemishes on their face now. I had acne the worst out of me and my two siblings, my brother 2 years younger has never even had to see a derm. I'm 19 in less than two months and have gone on accutane once and it worked OK but it's starting to come back on my face and even my back a little. I'm hoping that I eventually grow out of it at some point so I don't have to use all these products/antibiotics just to maintain a subpar complexion. Seeing as my parents don't have acne and never had it bad, I'm hoping I won't either.

Acne has run in my family. My mother had it extremely bad in high school and only gets a few pimples now today. My older sister has acne really bad and she still has some more or at least a lot of scaring. Now it is me. I only have mild acne. So I guess as our generation goes by, it gets a little better. But my friend has acne and both her parents never had it. So I can never be positive.

Wish I knew that one. neither of my parents or sister had it, my husband doesn't have it or any of his family, my two girls have very light cases, no where near what I have had though and probably will grow out of it later, but wish I could do the same but beings I am in my late 40's doubt that will happen for me, probably break out 6 months after they bury me,LOL! But its a pain guess It depends on the person.

my mum says she got it at the same age as me pretty badly but not as bad as mine has been (getting better now). my dad never really got much at all. so obviously ive got it from my mum.

None of my parents had it. None of their parents, etc. My mom has the most gorgeous skin, glowing and soft even in the winter time. Only me and one of my cousins has acne, my other ones have the tightest pores, and not one bump on their faces. I think it has to do with my own hormonal imbalances and sensitivity to the environment. I have pretty thin skin and I have irregular periods that hurt so much that sometimes I have to plan ahead to take a day off for. My acne is moderate type. Guess I'm pretty lucky :doubt: so I don't think it ALWAYS has to do with genetics.. although it could be a combination of genes working and was recessive in my parents.

My dad had severe acne, but my mom was 100% blemish free. All of my sibilings had it, one more than the other. Usually it does run in the family. In some cases, other things cause it.