Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fischer

I just picked up my accutane PLEASE HELP! How should i take it?

OK so im supposed to take one fourty pill a day and one twenty pill a day. Im just curious but do you usually take the forty at night or in the morning and same with the twenty? Which order is best? Also should i take it with water or milk? Would taking it at the same time 7:45 in the morning and 6:45 at night be a good idea? or are those bad times? Please help! Thanks.

Also is it bad to eat fatty foods while on accutane? i think i read that fatty foods help increase absoption, but i also know they increase cholesterol which is a danger already on accutane. Are there any dietary guidelines i should follow?

Roche recommends splitting the dosage up, but many derms say you can take it all at once if you want, it doesn't seem to matter unless it bothers your stomach to take all at once. Take your Accutane with a full meal with some fat in it. Try to stick with healthy fats like olive oil, avocado, that sort of thing - Accutane is fat soluble and your absorption is greatly increased by taking it with a source of fat. It also can increase the fats in your blood like cholesterol and trigylercides, so take it easy on the saturated and trans fats.

If you want to split the dosage, take the biggest dose pill with your largest meal, and the smaller dose with your next largest meal. Lots of people here prefer to take the whole dose with their largest meal - easier to remember medication once a day than twice.