Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kah_lua47

accutane and redmarks??

I'm about fed up with my acne right now and will be seeing a derm about getting on 'tane next month. I was wondering though if anyone noticed it helping out with their red marks as well as their acne? I have TONS of them all over and it would make accutane more worth it to me if it would help with both the acne and red marks. thanks.

Well, if you can stop the active acne and stop making new redmarks, that's a huge first step, and Accutane may be your best bet for that if you are a good candidate for it.

Now for the bad news - they will probably look worse while you are on Accutane. But once you're done with the treatment they will fade away, and there are treatments that will make them fade faster.

Accutane won't completely get rid of your redmarks, but I guess since it's healing the existing acne, it gives your redmarlks a chance to "breath" and heal on their own. They healed up pretty quickly for me once I had no more acne on my face . . . too bad Accutane only kept me clear for 9 months after I finished taking it . . .

so there is a chance that accutane may not even work at all? sunkist, when yours came back after 9 months was it just as before? better? worse?

Accutane won't completely get rid of your redmarks, but I guess since it's healing the existing acne, it gives your redmarlks a chance to "breath" and heal on their own. They healed up pretty quickly for me once I had no more acne on my face . . . too bad Accutane only kept me clear for 9 months after I finished taking it . . .

can i ask how old are u ??