Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
*Sigh*

Acne from cats?

I have two little cats, and ones kind of obsessive about rubbing on my neck, and putting his paws around my neck (like a hug) and the one sleeps on my shoulder at night...which causes my neck to itch immediately, and I've noticed my neck has started to break out..and i thought it might be from the kitties... so even if im allergic to them...will washing with the regimen, or anything else, make them go away? or are they different from regular..acne..? I just dunno! :wall:

Your neck itches in response to contact with cats... neck then breaks out... it sounds like hives to me. Is the breakout abnormally itchy? You could try taking some Benadryl and see if the breakout goes away.

its prply not the best thing to have cats who are pretty dirty rubbing your neck and face, i would try to avoid the cats touching your upper part of the body because, is it worth it to get acne or breakouts???

I have two little cats, and ones kind of obsessive about rubbing on my neck, and putting his paws around my neck (like a hug) and the one sleeps on my shoulder at night...which causes my neck to itch immediately, and I've noticed my neck has started to break out..and i thought it might be from the kitties... so even if im allergic to them...will washing with the regimen, or anything else, make them go away? or are they different from regular..acne..? I just dunno! :wall:

Just bathed your cats often like once every 2 weeks it help. Me myself experiented that with my cat but only when I got lazy bathing him. And brush your cat every day or every otherday (if shorthair).

Guest Poker-Butt

how do u guys bathe ur cat? my cat will scratch the hell outta me...i tried it once ..wasnt a nice experience

funny..i get a rash rather than the pimples. but you just have to shower and put on a little cortisone cream, lots of benadryl and it will go away.

you may want to look into allergy shots tho if you want to continue to snuggle with the cats, otherwise i'd keep them off the bed.

Good news! This is easy to stop. I'm allergic to cats, and if you spend enough time with cats, this goes away. Bathe them, but rub on them and pet them to build an immunity. It'll go away in a few months. If it doesn't, it's not a cat allergy.

Hmmmmmm What to do what to do....so bathe them and rub on them take benadryl <-i cant spell... and use cortisone? Maybe i'll......go get an allergy shot, get some benadryl, thennnn come home and take a cortisone flavored bath WITH my kitties?! super! hah okay maybe i'll ask the doctor...But i pretty much cant keep them off me....they make me itchy tho =(

how do u guys bathe ur cat? my cat will scratch the hell outta me...i tried it once ..wasnt a nice experience

Two person job for mine!

definately, i bath my cat with my brother only, funny thing: she hates him only after that, coz i'm the one who feeds her.

hah!

:D

peace.

Hmmmmmm What to do what to do....so bathe them and rub on them take benadryl <-i cant spell... and use cortisone? Maybe i'll......go get an allergy shot, get some benadryl, thennnn come home and take a cortisone flavored bath WITH my kitties?! super! hah okay maybe i'll ask the doctor...But i pretty much cant keep them off me....they make me itchy tho =(

hee hee. i think doing all that would be overkill.

ask your doctor for what route to take. Allergy shots are probably your best bet!

They probably just causing iritation to that are. I am supppeeeerrrr allergic to cats and if i have touched one then touch my neck or face i get little welts that look like pimples and also a rash. Just take two antihistamines and it should subside. I am taking one a day just to combat hay fever and allergies.

sounds to me like you might have some sort of allergic reaction. However when i was younger we did own ragdoll cats, I would always fuss over them and patting continuously did cause some breakouts from time to time.

=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-

FREE REPORT "HOW TO GET RID OF ACNE FAST!" CLICK HERE

=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-

lol cats an acne

what next

Im not saying that cats cause acne idiot....if you read i what i wrote you would see that i get these welts that look like pimples forming...they are raised bumps under the skin thats all......it was my best way of describing. Then i went to say that if if i took two antihistamines then it subsided. If only all acne was that controllable :whistle: