Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Yulia

Best Mineral Makeup?

Yall should ask her to start her own Ebay business. She could make a living with it I'm sure. :cool:

I think she already started one. On the card she sent me along with a ton of free samples it says ebay ID: trend_boutique

I'm a fan of Jane Iredale Mineral make up. I've been using if for about 3 years. It comes in about twenty shades, including several choices for women of color. There is a liquid, that I have not tried, a pressed powder, and a loose powder. I use the loose powder and love it. It seems the pressed powder would require a shade darker for the same color. You can get samples on ebay or skin-etc.com. The sample would be about 7 applications. They're also good for travel. It is worth trying several sample shades to get the right color.

Guest Mish Mosh
I tried bare minerals but it had no coverage at all :( Anyone know of any mineral make up that has full coverage?

Yes Melange from melange.com has a heavier coverage than most.

It's what I use and it's great.

what are harmful ingredients in mineral makeup?i was reading up on it online that Titanium Dioxide can cause cancer??are minerals even fda approved??what about those not made from big manufacturers like loreal???i know you cant believe everthing you read but it still makes you wonder???

I use Everyday Minerals.com mineral makeup.

I would avoid Bismuth Oxychloride, even the slightest amounts of it. Its very irritating to the face which can cause breakouts and itchiness. It's contained in most mineral makeup, and always read the ingredients.

I just ordered a free sample from everyday minerals dot com, the light-matte formula. I just recently started using makeup again (covergirl clean) and it's making my skin freak out so I'm buying into the mineral craze. I was going to give bare minerals a shot simply because it's so visible, but when I found free samples I figured I'd hold off on that. I love that you can try before you buy cuz my skin is wretched with dark scars and NOTHING covers that crap. Here's hoping.

I've tried a couple and so far my favourite is Monave Concealer-Foundation. The coverage is AMAZING (very buildable) and the finish is great. I'm on accutane so my skin is really dry but this doesn't flake very easily unless I forget to moisturise. :)

QUOTE(bara @ Dec 1 2005, 08:18 AM)

I tried bare minerals but it had no coverage at all sad.gif Anyone know of any mineral make up that has full coverage?

Yes Melange from melange.com has a heavier coverage than most.

It's what I use and it's great.

I agree with Mishmosh.

Mineral Makeup can be very different from each other so it is best to read the ingredient labels and to choose one with as small an ingredient list possible. I think no matter the formula it is best to try sample sizes first so you can make sure it agrees with you. Most mineral ingredients are pretty benign, I have had no problems with titanium dioxide, zinc oxide, iron oxides, boron nitride, mica etc I have had problems (or the majority of people) have issues with bismuth oxychloride, cornstarch, rice powder, lauryoly lysine, dimethicone, talc, etc. Any company that offers sample would be the way to go so you aren't spending a fortune on something you may not use. I have been using Faerie O's minerals for about 3 years now with great results, I do not have to reapply like I did with BE (they also have samples). I have also heard good things about meow but I haven't tried it as I am sticking with what works for me right now.

I use Everyday Minerals.com mineral makeup.

I would avoid Bismuth Oxychloride, even the slightest amounts of it. Its very irritating to the face which can cause breakouts and itchiness. It's contained in most mineral makeup, and always read the ingredients.

QUOTE(bara @ Dec 1 2005, 12:18 AM)

I tried bare minerals but it had no coverage at all sad.gif Anyone know of any mineral make up that has full coverage?

everday minerals intensive formula wub.gif

Everyday Minerals

I just got my EM in the mail today. I'm already in love. Any tips I should know? Is there a setting powder that I should order and what primer do you ladies use? Right now I just apply after moisturizing.