Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
uksnowboarder

worst place to work if you have acne?

I would say one of the worst jobs with acne would be a schoolteacher. I've had little kids ask, "What's that on your face?" because they don't have the common decency yet. I guess it's a plus that they're brutally honest, but kids will stare, wonder, and make you feel like crap!! If you're teaching middle school, you'll be reminded that acne is "supposed" to be a teen problem only. Plus, you're in the front of a room with everyone staring!! Don't forget bad lighting!

lol never had one comment on acne but I have not really ever been really broke out in front of them. I did have a 1st grader ask what was on my lips when tehy were severely dry from accutane.

They're hardly always stressed...

But add camo cream to that list ^^ & living in a hole in the ground/under basic shelter plus not being able to wash that often. Mmmmm nice combo.

Slaving away in a hot, sweaty & greasy kitchen can't be the best place to work either.

Well, I can't speak for other branches, but I was in the Air Force. And I was stressed most of the time! It was more of a mental stress than physical, but it was tremendous!

But add camo cream to that list ^^ & living in a hole in the ground/under basic shelter plus not being able to wash that often. Mmmmm nice combo.

Slaving away in a hot, sweaty & greasy kitchen can't be the best place to work either.

Well, I can't speak for other branches, but I was in the Air Force. And I was stressed most of the time! It was more of a mental stress than physical, but it was tremendous!

cant you stick your head out of the window of the jet when its going neeeeooooow and dry out the acne? that should sort it.

im thinking a mirror factory or chilli powder factory.

grocery store. I dont know if its the worst but it was defintely a bad experience. I felt like shit plus was treated like shit you get the drift....

I would say one of the worst jobs with acne would be a schoolteacher. I've had little kids ask, "What's that on your face?" because they don't have the common decency yet. I guess it's a plus that they're brutally honest, but kids will stare, wonder, and make you feel like crap!! If you're teaching middle school, you'll be reminded that acne is "supposed" to be a teen problem only. Plus, you're in the front of a room with everyone staring!! Don't forget bad lighting!

I agree that's got to be one of the worst... I'm a college prof. and i'm in fluorescent lighted classrooms in front of young adults who don't have acne anymore... while I'm in front of them, displaying the 'adult acne' zits. *sigh*

swimming pools and leisure centres, your're supposed to be a picture of health and look good or you dont sell classes etc but its so hot and humid and you might have to rescue someone and end up in the water :(

sounds really stupid but cos i was getting worse acne on one side than the other, i kept moving desks in the office, so the worst side was always facing the wall.. must have looked like a right nob.

ANYWHERE were they have fucking BRIGHT as hell lights, florescent bullcrap, like grocery stores, especially those neat ones, soooo bright. Ive had this breakout of Acne (one in like a year / i thought it was over!) and I dont want to enter ANY store with damn bright light. :P

Adds voice to the "any place with bright lights" choir/

Also, I the first comment about a mirror factory was dead on. God that would suck to see your reflection a million times a day. Oh man, it gives me chills.

cant you stick your head out of the window of the jet when its going neeeeooooow and dry out the acne? that should sort it.

:lol2: Hmm, not sure about that one (I was on the ground most of the time) but I'm someone has probably tried it!

:lol2: Hmm, not sure about that one (I was on the ground most of the time) but I'm someone has probably tried it!

I'd say the worst job is probably any kind of sales... how can anyone take you seriously when you look like rudolph the red nosed reindeer? Plus acne doesn't help confidence which is essential in sales posisitions.