Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Julielm

South Florida

Hi all,

I noticed there's quite a few Floridians on this board... I am CONVINCED that the humidity is a big reason for my breakouts. When I was in college (in North Carolina) and when I lived in Washington DC for three years I was clear. Although the summer in both places can be hot and humid, by fall the humidity was gone and I didn't have to worry about walking around with a film of grease on my face as I do down here.

Once I spent a week at a conference in Albuquerque while I had a mild breakout, and it seriously cleared within two days of me being in that dry climate. Coincidence? Perhaps not.

I think the underlying cause for my "adult acne" (hello! I'm almost 30!!) is hormonal, but it's definitely exacerbated by this weather. No kidding, I've considered moving just for this reason!

Just thought I'd rant about that and send a shout-out to all my Florida peeps!

Guest Poker-Butt

i think so too...if anything it makes it worse...cuz i rememer my skin looed awesome during our winter/cold days ... sooo nice....now its shit! ...wazza!!! 954! lol

Palm Beach County here, acne here. LOL I don't think the humidity helps us out in the oil department but it's not the cause in and of itself. You'll notice that a lot of people on this board talk about acne worsening in the winter, so there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason. We're just blessed, apparently.

Guest tenshigirl25

i dont know about Florida but whnever i go somewhere tropical like Bali or Thailand or anywhere hot/summer my skin always clears up.

i dont know about Florida but whnever i go somewhere tropical like Bali or Thailand or anywhere hot/summer my skin always clears up.

Yeah, I guess each person has her/his own skin issues! :) Humidity does it for me.

Guest Poker-Butt

i agree... and my work place doesnt help much either

I'm in Tampa, and my acne definitely worsens during the humid season. I think it's sort of indirect - because your perspiration can't easily evaporate due to the saturated air, and because your skin tends to be more oily in the heat. Also, the hot, moist air prevents pollution from being swept up away from the city, and i'm pretty sure that pollution aggravates mine. In our "winter" (wink, wink, nudge, nudge) months, the air is drier and cooler and pollution indexes are significantly lower. My summer acne improved by leaps and bounds once i got a car with a working AC unit so i could close my windows to the fumes and wasn't sweating so damn much.

But speaking of Florida weather, isn't it beautiful today? :D

Guest Poker-Butt

oh its beautiful! i can see the ocean from my balcony and it looks so nice! i would go (my day off) but im self conscious about my spots...even though the salt water would help but...i dunno...but definitely a beautiful day ...so nice and, sunny ....love it

I'm in Tampa, and my acne definitely worsens during the humid season. I think it's sort of indirect - because your perspiration can't easily evaporate due to the saturated air, and because your skin tends to be more oily in the heat. Also, the hot, moist air prevents pollution from being swept up away from the city, and i'm pretty sure that pollution aggravates mine. In our "winter" (wink, wink, nudge, nudge) months, the air is drier and cooler and pollution indexes are significantly lower. My summer acne improved by leaps and bounds once i got a car with a working AC unit so i could close my windows to the fumes and wasn't sweating so damn much.

But speaking of Florida weather, isn't it beautiful today? :D

SO well put, BTDT! I actually had never thought about the pollution aspect until now. In fact, I was in Peru in October (that's where I'm originally from and where I was born) and event though the weather was in the 50s my acne got worse!! And Lima is POLLUTED!! Good call.

Yes, today is a gorgeous day.... I think it's 82 degrees out and sunny. Wish I could go to the beach, but I have to teach all day and be in my office grading and such... sigh.

i can see the ocean from my balcony and it looks so nice! i would go (my day off) but im self conscious about my spots...even though the salt water would help but...i dunno...

You should go! Don't let acne dictate your life man. And don't forget your sunscreen. :)

Guest Poker-Butt

thanx...but....nah! lol ...not to sound full of myself but i get too much attention and i just dont wanna deal with it right now especially with the way my face looks right now ...i'll wait...a couple of weeks...or maybe till spring ...the water may be cold in a couple of weeks