Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Crashoverride64

Does anyone else have this problem? What could this be?

Hi. I knw this is not related to this topic but I had no where else to go. Whenever I am in a room that is semi-warm/stuffy, my nose immediately gets clogged up, my eyes get watery, my nose swells up(which makes me look different in a bad way), and my lips swell up too and feel heavy. Also, my face turns red. I am 18 now and I have had this problem for about 2 years now. It sucks because it has held my life back. I dont go out much b/c im afraid that the place will be stuffy or warm. However, when I see other ppl in the same room in which i consider 'stuffy' they are perfectly fine.

Because of this, I have to be in cool places to avoid this problem. Also, I have bought a vicks nasal decongestant but that only temporarily helps(if at all). I feel that I have a good side and a bad side. On one hand, I look and feel great when I am having these conditions. However, when i do, I look and feel terrible and like a whole different person. Does anyone know what this could be? Should I visit an allergist? Could it be roseacea? Please help me. It is slowly tearing me apart. Thanks.

Hi. I knw this is not related to this topic but I had no where else to go. Whenever I am in a room that is semi-warm/stuffy, my nose immediately gets clogged up, my eyes get watery, my nose swells up(which makes me look different in a bad way), and my lips swell up too and feel heavy. Also, my face turns red. I am 18 now and I have had this problem for about 2 years now. It sucks because it has held my life back. I dont go out much b/c im afraid that the place will be stuffy or warm. However, when I see other ppl in the same room in which i consider 'stuffy' they are perfectly fine.

Because of this, I have to be in cool places to avoid this problem. Also, I have bought a vicks nasal decongestant but that only temporarily helps(if at all). I feel that I have a good side and a bad side. On one hand, I look and feel great when I am having these conditions. However, when i do, I look and feel terrible and like a whole different person. Does anyone know what this could be? Should I visit an allergist? Could it be roseacea? Please help me. It is slowly tearing me apart. Thanks.

go see a doc and get him to conduct an allergy test. That will determine what exactly you're allergic to.

Yup. I don't have any particular allergies but I have had sinus problems all my life. Heating in the winter dries the air out and makes it "stuffy". My sinuses go nuts in dry air. I'd see a doctor and see what they say. Some OTC sinus medicine isn't bad and works well to keep the swelling down.