Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
falcon26

Nothing I do helps!!!!

Ok I gets these huge big cysts about once a month. I wash my face 3 times a day with all the special soaps you are supposed to use. I also take tetracycline twice a day. I use everything you can think of on my face, tee tree oil, clindamycin lotion, benzoly peroxide and nothing works. I still manage to get at least one cyst a month, and they are huge and red. I have an eletric razor and a mach 3 razor. I have tried using one or the other nothing works. I have a very thick facial hair. So if I don't shave everyday I'll have a beard in like 2 days. But now I am beginning to wonder if maybe I have to shave every other day so my facial hair can grow out a little bit. Because a cyst is basicly a ingrown hair right? So if I let them grow out some then shave every other day maybe that will help. Has anyone tried this before or had a similar problem?

Thanks, Karl

Try putting Queen Helene Mint Julep on your big cysts overnight it will reduce the swelling and make it go away. You can buy it at Walgreens or wal-mart...$3.00... Good Luck

No acne ever originates in beard hairs except a truly severe kind called "acne inversa", a common skin condition that occurs on "inverse" areas of the body, like the groin, armpits, buttocks, under breasts, etc. So what you have are not beard hairs gone awry. They are sebaceous follicles just like common acne. Therefore, the regimen should work well. http://www.acne.org/regimen.html

Do you only get 1 per month and never break out otherwise?

Took the words out of my mouth...I have the same exact problem..

Otherwise I have very mild acne.. But sure enough every 3 weeks or so I get huge cysts..Always on my chin. I just dont understand

Dan please Help..I have used the REGIMEN but I think it discolers the portion on my face i put the bp on. What causes these damn cysts?.. Do you know anything about them.

Exactly Dan, I get about 1 sometimes 2 a month and no other acne, no pimples just cysts. And I never got one until I hit 30. Getting old sucks, I've got a heat pad on it right now :)) So growning out my beard a little wouldn't help my cyst problem? So I can just shave then? Also what do you recommend, a blade or a eletric razor?

THanks, Karl

hey falcon... right now i have one of those big scabs on my chin..ya know the ones you get when you mess with the cyst?.. well. I recently mixed Epsum salt in about 1/2 cup of water and dipped a face cloth in it. That i pressed on to the scab....it works really well in drying and shedding the top layer of it..i hope this helps you. i f you have any tips i would love to Know... Where in this together man