Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Annaa

amalgam fillings and acne?

I´ve just started to suspect that maby my amalgam fillings could have something to do with my acne. But I haven´t found much info about that conection. I´m a little afraid of taking them about both because that might release more mercury in to the system. And it costs quite a lot. Has anyone had any exsperience with amalgam and acne? I would really like to know! :)

Anna

Guest Cubsfan

have no idea with the mercury/acne link

this is a useful link i found

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dental_amalgam_controversy

http://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=amalga...=en&btnG=Search

they found that heating the amalgan (like drinking a hot cup of coffee) causes pollution to your lungs. Its not even approved by the FDA, only recommended by the American Dental Association (ADA). I wouldn't be suprised if the manufacturing companies pays "consultancy fees" to the ADA

I've got 13 amaglam fillings, and yup I've got acne. I started getting teenage acne at 12, before I got my first three fillings. Had very little, alonst non-existant acne as a teenager, but developed it at around 18. It was moderate acne that was manageable, with topicals and birth control pills. I got 10 more fillings over the summer, I did ask for resin or ceramic fillings, but my insurance wouldn't pay for those. My skin has gotten much worse, but I really think it's a concidence. It would take much longer for the mercury to "poision" me. Plus i have no other symptoms of heavy metal poisioning.

There is a huge movement in holistic/alternative medicne against amaglam fillings. I've done a little research about it,and breifly considered removing all 13 of mine (would cost a huge amount of money). For every paper I read on the topic, I find another that totally oppoeses it. The mercury in amaglam is tightly bound to the other metals in the alloy. It's not free elemental mercury. It is true that a very tiny amount of mercury of does come out, but it is so small that it's negligible. You would need over 500 amaglam fillings to really cause any affects of heavy metal poisioning. You actually get way more mercury from the air pollution, drinking water (even "spring" water) and food than you'd ever get from the mercury in an amaglam filling. Eat a can of tuna....that's a great way to get mercury "poisioning."

I've decided against removing mine, unless I develop something other than acne, that's directly caused my the fillings. I'm sure many here will diagree with my decision....

Edited by LabGirl81

Removing my amalgam fillings has helped me turn the corner in regards to my health. There's been ups and downs up overall I'm getting better, it takes a while.

I confirmed this a while back. I was sick of my various ailments, fatigue, muscel aches, IBS, acne, hypersomnia yet never feelings refreshed after sleeping, and annoyed the liver flushes didn't cure me. So I went on a fast to find out what foods affect me and being so thin things would affect me more. I went from 11 stone to 9 stone. I started with all kinds of fruit. I was fine. After that I tried a single glass of tap water. After drinking that my body and mind felt so bad I had to lie in bed the whole day. So I thought, maybe it's just the tap water and so I bought a brita water filter. Same affect. I later found out there is a tiny amount of mercury used in the filter, which seems safe for most people... Mineral water was fine. I was also eating seafood, which started out fine at first but then all of a sudden one day it affected me in the same way the tap water did. Then I realised about the mercury in the seas. All of this convinced me of mercury poisoning.

Since getting my fillings removed I've felt better all round. I feel well enough to go out with my friends again. My acne and IBS dissapated after a while. But it takes a while for you to get better, it takes a while for the mercury to leave.

However, now I've found out I've got Candida which is affected me in a similar way to the mercury, but less so.

I'm sure some people can cope with amalgams in their mouth, either their organs are stronger than mine or their amalgams are safer. Amalgam fillings are a huge, huge part of the problem.

Oh, and after my fillings were removed and I started detoxing to get the mercury out of my system I saw the kind of gall stones I saw during my liver flushes in my stool...

p.s. the mod, denise2 i think, got her fillings replaced as well, maybe she can shed some more light on things (her acne's also gone)...

Edited by secondregent

Some helpful links:

http://www.karlloren.com/ultrasound/p24.htm

http://www.cfspages.com/

I've got 13 amaglam fillings, and yup I've got acne. I started getting teenage acne at 12, before I got my first three fillings. Had very little, alonst non-existant acne as a teenager, but developed it at around 18. It was moderate acne that was manageable, with topicals and birth control pills. I got 10 more fillings over the summer, I did ask for resin or ceramic fillings, but my insurance wouldn't pay for those. My skin has gotten much worse, but I really think it's a concidence. It would take much longer for the mercury to "poision" me. Plus i have no other symptoms of heavy metal poisioning.

Some helpful links:

http://www.karlloren.com/ultrasound/p24.htm

http://www.cfspages.com/

According to the gentlemen at this site: http://www.cfspages.com/story.html, only three months passed before he started seeing health problems.

Many people have no other symptoms at all. A friend of mine I met at VoyForum Scar board had all of his removed and the acne he had tried to control with 3 rounds of Accutane disappeared (he had done liverflushing and bowel cleansing too, but the removal of the amalgams totally cleared him). As far as I know, he had no other health problems either.

Me? I had lots of other health problems...multiple chemical sensitivities, uveitis, m.s. symptoms, etc.....all totally gone now from liverflushing, bowel cleansing, and getting my silver mercury fillings removed.

Well I'm guessing it would cost about 5000$ to remove all 13 fillings (give or take a grand). I'm not willing to spend that kind of money on my physical appearance. (I'd like bigger boobs too, but I'm not about to shell out 5000$ for a boob job either). I have no other symptoms besides acne. I do not have CFS or any other symptom of mercury "posioning." I hear very mixed information about this filling thing, for every paper I read on the toxicity of amaglam mercury, I find another reassuring it's safety. Besides even if I did have them removed, I have a potentially deadly sulfa drug allergy, so DMPS (to remove the mercury) wouldn't be an option.

If my fillings are really what's causing all this crap on my face...than that really sucks....it's kind of depressing.....I guess I'll just have to live with acne...but at least I won't have to worry about everything I eat or everything I put on my face causing a breakout.....because I'll never be clear until I remove them....

This debate can't be one sided....

http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelate...cs/mercury.html

Edited by LabGirl81

Steve Barrett is the biggest quack of all. Sorry, I don't even go to his site to read what he writes, no offense intended. He is a psychiatrist with very little training in matters beyond that. Plus, he has never won a courtcase, even though he's brought many lawsuits. He's a nutcase posing as a concerned "doctor".

I'm not trying to insist that your fillings are absolutely beyond ALL DOUBT causing your acne issues, I'm only suggesting it is a possibility. I know you feel "stuck", and I feel bad for that.

I hope you realize that with all the reports of "safety", that dentists are simply trying to avoid lawsuits. Even my own dentist (not a "biological" dentist) strongly recommend that I remove them. He told me that they dispose of them as hazardous waste. :doh::doubt:

Up here in Canada I got 2 amalgam fillings taken out for 100.00(None of this is payed for by the gov't). I can't possibly see how 13 would come even close to 5 grand in the states(Mine also included the replacements, some ceramic ones or some other substance that doesn't leech into your body).

Also I would get them out ASAP, especially if I had 13. Your body can handle some mercury but I imagine the average person already consumers and is exposed to all forms of mercury every day(you would be surprised at what is left over from just average household cleaners) and 13 would certainly be quite a bit for your body to handle.

They are already illegal up here in Canada(heavy metal fillings) and I know that they are phasing it out in the US, to be banned in a year or two.

Up here in Canada I got 2 amalgam fillings taken out for 100.00(None of this is payed for by the gov't). I can't possibly see how 13 would come even close to 5 grand in the states(Mine also included the replacements, some ceramic ones or some other substance that doesn't leech into your body).

Also I would get them out ASAP, especially if I had 13. Your body can handle some mercury but I imagine the average person already consumers and is exposed to all forms of mercury every day(you would be surprised at what is left over from just average household cleaners) and 13 would certainly be quite a bit for your body to handle.

They are already illegal up here in Canada(heavy metal fillings) and I know that they are phasing it out in the US, to be banned in a year or two.

Where abouts in Canada are you? Around the GTA by any chance? Know where they remove this junk around here?

Thanks for all the response! Was kind of thinking that I would have one or maby two messages by now but....

LabGirl I know exactely how you feal! If it is the fillings that´s causing the problems nothing else you do would help. All the money you spend on vitamins, creams, herbs and detoxing stuff wouldn´t give you anything at all!! But that´s also they way it has been for me. I´ve done liver flushes, colon cleanses, diets and all that but my acne hasn´t been al all effected. It hasn´t changed at all!!

And then I´ve read about people getting really sick after taking out there amalgam. What if the amount that is released when you take it out is greater then what would have been realeased in a hole life-time with them stuck where they are! And the money!

But Denise your story is really encouraging! Did your friends acne disapear fast or did it take months? Anyhow it´s amazing!

When I´ve been googling aroundI´ve come across many posts from people who sais that they have done a test that has shown that they are sensetive to mercery, and that´s why they have taken the fillings away. Do someone know what test this is? It´s supposed to show food allergies to.

Just wanted to add that neither of my boys have had any fillings till my oldest had his first cavity this year.

They are 17 and 15. They have nodular cystic type of acne. The 17 yr old started to break out around the age of 13.

Edited by goldengirl

Steve Barrett is the biggest quack of all. Sorry, I don't even go to his site to read what he writes, no offense intended. He is a psychiatrist with very little training in matters beyond that. Plus, he has never won a courtcase, even though he's brought many lawsuits. He's a nutcase posing as a concerned "doctor".

I'm not trying to insist that your fillings are absolutely beyond ALL DOUBT causing your acne issues, I'm only suggesting it is a possibility. I know you feel "stuck", and I feel bad for that.

I hope you realize that with all the reports of "safety", that dentists are simply trying to avoid lawsuits. Even my own dentist (not a "biological" dentist) strongly recommend that I remove them. He told me that they dispose of them as hazardous waste. :doh::doubt:

I just used that as one source....never actually heard of they guy....some of what he says does make sense though....I'd hate to spend all that money, and still have acne when it's over....and it would kinda suck to spend all that money on just one possibility....

Here one ceramic or resin filling costs about 200$ US, plus removal and disposal of the old fillings (my insurance wouldn't cover any of this). Another thing that worries me is that some of my cavaties are so deep that there is more filling than tooth left, and if I did remove them I may risk loosing those teeth completely. I've had actually looked into this and found that the cheapest place wolud be 2700$, but that was a traditional dentist, that would just drill out the old fillings and replace them with resin ones, not taking into account the amount of mercury that's released during the removal. The pricier ones are these "holistic" quacks, that also require me to buy all these "detoxifying" supplements, becausing removing that many fillings would overwhelm my system with mercury. I can't even take DMPS (a chelating agent) because it's sufla based (I'm allergic). Maybe it's the area of the states that I live in that makes it cost a lot....I don't know...

I guess i just have to live with a pizza face for the rest of my life....oh well

Thanks for all the response! Was kind of thinking that I would have one or maby two messages by now but....

LabGirl I know exactely how you feal! If it is the fillings that´s causing the problems nothing else you do would help. All the money you spend on vitamins, creams, herbs and detoxing stuff wouldn´t give you anything at all!! But that´s also they way it has been for me. I´ve done liver flushes, colon cleanses, diets and all that but my acne hasn´t been al all effected. It hasn´t changed at all!!

And then I´ve read about people getting really sick after taking out there amalgam. What if the amount that is released when you take it out is greater then what would have been realeased in a hole life-time with them stuck where they are! And the money!

But Denise your story is really encouraging! Did your friends acne disapear fast or did it take months? Anyhow it´s amazing!

When I´ve been googling aroundI´ve come across many posts from people who sais that they have done a test that has shown that they are sensetive to mercery, and that´s why they have taken the fillings away. Do someone know what test this is? It´s supposed to show food allergies to.

I'm glad I didn't go crazy trying to detox and cleanse to get rid of my acne. Most of that stuff put me off anyway (I'd never in a million years get a colonic, which is highly reccomended).....at least I know now that it would be pointless to do that. So now I can go back to eating the way I used to.....which is kinda a relief. I don't have to worry about milk or chocolate or a little bit of pasta breaking me out....since I'll break out anyway....

I'm just curious about how my skin just randomly clears up sometimes for no reason...All winter last year my face was totally clear (I still had 3 huge fillings then). It's starting to clear again, now that winter's coming...If my fillings were really causing my acne, wouldn't I have acne in the winter too????

Edited by LabGirl81

I'm glad I didn't go crazy trying to detox and cleanse to get rid of my acne. Most of that stuff put me off anyway (I'd never in a million years get a colonic, which is highly reccomended).....at least I know now that it would be pointless to do that. So now I can go back to eating the way I used to.....which is kinda a relief. I don't have to worry about milk or chocolate or a little bit of pasta breaking me out....since I'll break out anyway....

i wouldn't be so sure that it's your fillings breaking you out. i have a lot of amalgam fillings (probably 10 or so) but diet and cleansing helped me tremendously.

not everyone who has amalgam fillings ends up with health problems because of them.

i wouldn't be so sure that it's your fillings breaking you out. i have a lot of amalgam fillings (probably 10 or so) but diet and cleansing helped me tremendously.

not everyone who has amalgam fillings ends up with health problems because of them.

I don't think that anyone is discouraging Labgirl from trying cleansing and detoxing, at least I"m not. I think the reason why the emphasis is on fillings is because that is what was asked about in the original post. I'm only positing that it can be A key for people trying to get clear. It was for me and countless others I've talked to in the past 3 years on several boards. I've always contended it was 3 different approaches that worked for me.

However, I would also contend that most people don't connect their various health problems with their mercury fillings. That's the whole point. If we don't do our own research and only listen to allopathic doctors, we would all be on 5 courses of Accutane with no hope of curing our acne. Most of the mercury fillings that had the largest mercury contect were fillings from the 70's into the early-mid 80's. That is PRECISELY when I got mine.

I never had MS symptoms until my mid-thirties, but my immune system was shot by the time I was in my early 20's (also due to being on antibiotics for 11 years straight).

The problem is that most people don't connect various health problems (even if it is only a low immunity) to their fillings. They vary from person to person. There are so many DIFFERENT problems related to heavy metal overload in the human body (mercury only being one). Parkinsons, Alzheimer, MS, Autism, depression, cancer can be related to heavy metal toxicity, but most people don't do their own research and connect the dots.

i agree with you totally, i just think that it's important to look at both sides. i remember at one point being really discouraged after hearing about a connection between amalgam fillings and acne, thinking that i might never fully cure my acne unless i got mine out (i can't afford it). i'm sure that it is a major factor for some people, but after seeing a big improvement in my skin with some bowel and liver cleansing, i'm pretty sure that i'll be able to cure my acne despite having a lot of amalgam fillings. i think that people (with acne and other various ailments) should at least try changing their diets and cleansing before having their fillings removed, IF they're not sure if they have mercury toxicity (ie: only major ailment is acne) and IF they can't easily afford it. (i do think that it's a good idea for anybody to get their amalgam fillings replaced, even if it's just to prevent potential future problems).

Most of the mercury fillings that had the largest mercury contect were fillings from the 70's into the early-mid 80's.

that's interesting. all mine were put in in the 90's. maybe i have less to worry about.

I don't think that anyone is discouraging Labgirl from trying cleansing and detoxing, at least I"m not. I think the reason why the emphasis is on fillings is because that is what was asked about in the original post. I'm only positing that it can be A key for people trying to get clear. It was for me and countless others I've talked to in the past 3 years on several boards. I've always contended it was 3 different approaches that worked for me.

However, I would also contend that most people don't connect their various health problems with their mercury fillings. That's the whole point. If we don't do our own research and only listen to allopathic doctors, we would all be on 5 courses of Accutane with no hope of curing our acne. Most of the mercury fillings that had the largest mercury contect were fillings from the 70's into the early-mid 80's. That is PRECISELY when I got mine.

I never had MS symptoms until my mid-thirties, but my immune system was shot by the time I was in my early 20's (also due to being on antibiotics for 11 years straight).

The problem is that most people don't connect various health problems (even if it is only a low immunity) to their fillings. They vary from person to person. There are so many DIFFERENT problems related to heavy metal overload in the human body (mercury only being one). Parkinsons, Alzheimer, MS, Autism, depression, cancer can be related to heavy metal toxicity, but most people don't do their own research and connect the dots.

i agree with you totally, i just think that it's important to look at both sides. i remember at one point being really discouraged after hearing about a connection between amalgam fillings and acne, thinking that i might never fully cure my acne unless i got mine out (i can't afford it). i'm sure that it is a major factor for some people, but after seeing a big improvement in my skin with some bowel and liver cleansing, i'm pretty sure that i'll be able to cure my acne despite having a lot of amalgam fillings. i think that people (with acne and other various ailments) should at least try changing their diets and cleansing before having their fillings removed, IF they're not sure if they have mercury toxicity (ie: only major ailment is acne) and IF they can't easily afford it. (i do think that it's a good idea for anybody to get their amalgam fillings replaced, even if it's just to prevent potential future problems).

Most of the mercury fillings that had the largest mercury contect were fillings from the 70's into the early-mid 80's.

that's interesting. all mine were put in in the 90's. maybe i have less to worry about.

Well then we totally agree! I think people should do everything you say....I've advocated that for many years. I just know that I could never get my candida under control until I got them out. But I'm glad you are sharing your experiences. ;)

Apparently the tests are not always reliable. Mercury is only in your stool, blood, urine if you're actively removing it from your body. It only appears in your hair sample after it's got so bad, and there's not more muscles/whatever for it to reside in does it start to be found in hair samples.

That's what I heard anyway. Research, reasearch, research!

Diet also helped a huge amount. But after I had my fillings replaced I could eat more or less what I wanted and I didn't break out. Although, I've now got candida which has sodded things right up. Hopefully after that's gone I'll be back to normal again, which i felt directly after having my fillings removed.

Zigzag: No I live on the other side of Canada. I would go to a person that has a lot of experience in taking out these fillings. The biggest thing is to get a dental dam and to get a mask on your nose so you only breathe in fresh air(Or laughing gas, which is still better than inhaling mercury fumes and more fun). It isn't that hard for many dentists as long as they just use all the precautions and don't get lazy.

The key thing when talking about havy metal overdoses is how much your body can remove before it starts to tax your system. An adult cane asily handle and remove the leeching from a few mercury fillings(13 I really doubt it) but then you have to take into account all the other crap that your body has to remove as well. In Canada they just did a study from people all across the country and the average person had 50 toxins in thier blood, mainly from pesticides, chemicals from household cleaners, etc.. but some if it was heavy metals. Most of these people were far from any heavy industry(Although you come into contact with a lot of chemicals as a farmer even if you are organic as you have equipment and tools to maintain) If you take into account all the crap your body has to deal with(Granted our bodies are better able to handle it nowadays) just removing something like a constant stream of mercury is one less thing it has to deal with and by all logic should make it perform better. You just don't know when your body is overtaxed with chemicals and the like usually until it is too late(For instance how do you know your lethargy or depression is due to the mercury or other toxins and how do you predict when too much will turn into alzheimers or a cancer of some sort, you just don't) .

Also if your kid has acne and also fillings BUT is a teenager I would go with the raging hormones instead of the fillings as the culprit. YOu can clean up a kids diet but in all fairness making them do all these detox's will probably not help their acne when they are a hormone laden 15 or 17yo.

I was just wondering if you were actually diagnosed with MS. My mother has a mouth full of metal like me (bad teeth are genetic I guess), and is currently in a nursing home fighting a loosing battle with malignant MS (the kind that eventually kills you)....maybe there is a connection between autoimmune disorders, neurlogical disorders and mercury, but I don't understand how it can cause acne (if my acne is even caused by mercury). See...I'm not that smart and I really need this to be explained to me. I find a bunch of sketchy websites from these natropath dentists that say acne "can be " a symptom of mercury toxicity (I really think they want a quick buck). None of them actually explain how this causes acne directly, not even the quack dentist I went to could really explain it......

None of them actually explain how this causes acne directly, not even the quack dentist I went to could really explain it......

I've found the 'proof' or a perfect explaination a little hard to come by (except for the fact I now feel better). From what I've read it comes down to mercury leaking from your fillings (which some dental assoications debate) and then affecting your organs and thus causing various problems. Seeing as Sweden and German have banned amalgam fillings, you could look at what they say

This could affect acne by resulting in a impaired liver, among other organs -- if the liver is not cleaning your system your system will become toxic and this will affect your hormone production. I also read that as your body is not ridding itself of toxins (through an impaired liver and bowl) the skin is one of the last organs left and so your body rids itself of toxins via the skin.

I strongly believe that, in the majority of cases, post-teenager acne is an indicator that something is wrong in your system. So it's not so much a case of sorting out your acne, but more a case of sorting your body out.

But I agree a definite answer is not out there. You have to use your intuition.

All the dentist and doctors that I talked to basically laughed at me and thus I realised that the traditional sources of advice were'nt going to get me anyway - except maybe taking more antibiotics etc. There are dentists who know about this stuff, but they're few and far between, and the official dental associations will normally disagree with them (in the UK and US anyway).

Again, there's a change amalgam fillings have nothing to do with your acne. Perhaps it's just candida, or too many gall stones, but in my case the mercury in my body had a huge part to play in regards to my health, and I only had 3 fillings.

Everyone's different. I would merely advice you to take mercury poisoning seriously.

p.s. I got worse before I got better, bare this in mind for your mother.

Apparently the tests are not always reliable. Mercury is only in your stool, blood, urine if you're actively removing it from your body. It only appears in your hair sample after it's got so bad, and there's not more muscles/whatever for it to reside in does it start to be found in hair samples.

That's what I heard anyway. Research, reasearch, research!

Diet also helped a huge amount. But after I had my fillings replaced I could eat more or less what I wanted and I didn't break out. Although, I've now got candida which has sodded things right up. Hopefully after that's gone I'll be back to normal again, which i felt directly after having my fillings removed.

To me your acne could be anxiety/stress related.

The placebo effect of having your fillings removed gave you a remission, but now you blame candida for your continued outbreak.

Research on stress, acne and wound healing...

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.f...226&query_hl=10

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3085951.stm

None of them actually explain how this causes acne directly, not even the quack dentist I went to could really explain it......

I've found the 'proof' or a perfect explaination a little hard to come by (except for the fact I now feel better). From what I've read it comes down to mercury leaking from your fillings (which some dental assoications debate) and then affecting your organs and thus causing various problems. Seeing as Sweden and German have banned amalgam fillings, you could look at what they say

This could affect acne by resulting in a impaired liver, among other organs -- if the liver is not cleaning your system your system will become toxic and this will affect your hormone production. I also read that as your body is not ridding itself of toxins (through an impaired liver and bowl) the skin is one of the last organs left and so your body rids itself of toxins via the skin.

I strongly believe that, in the majority of cases, post-teenager acne is an indicator that something is wrong in your system. So it's not so much a case of sorting out your acne, but more a case of sorting your body out.

But I agree a definite answer is not out there. You have to use your intuition.

All the dentist and doctors that I talked to basically laughed at me and thus I realised that the traditional sources of advice were'nt going to get me anyway - except maybe taking more antibiotics etc. There are dentists who know about this stuff, but they're few and far between, and the official dental associations will normally disagree with them (in the UK and US anyway).

Again, there's a change amalgam fillings have nothing to do with your acne. Perhaps it's just candida, or too many gall stones, but in my case the mercury in my body had a huge part to play in regards to my health, and I only had 3 fillings.

Everyone's different. I would merely advice you to take mercury poisoning seriously.

p.s. I got worse before I got better, bare this in mind for your mother.

As far as it goes for me....I can't logically link my acne to my fillings. No one has given me a scientific answer as to how my fillings cause my acne. There is evidance about mercury poisioning causing MS, and other degenrative neurological diseases, and I do understand that infomation to a certain degeree (remember I'm not very smart), but the only stuff I see about acne brings me back to one thing. Supposedly this mercury overloads and congests your liver and bowel, so the only place to eliminate toxins is through the skin. This is what I don't get. Acne is not toxins coming out of your skin. It's caused by hyperkeratinization and irregular desquamination of the keratinocytes lining the sebaceous pore ducts. This can occur for any number of reasons, but I haven't found any likning it directly to mercury toxicity. I found this link which is interesting, but I don't know how much of it I believe, plus the only symptom I have is acne, which isn't listed....

http://www.digitalnaturopath.com/cond/C585969.html

As far as my mother goes.....There is no hope for her. If her fillings were actually the cause of her MS, removing them would not help her situation. She is catatonic and paralyzed. She can't speak, or feed herself, she has trouble breathing and swallowing....she is not expected to live much longer as she has a teminal form of MS (she's 53, but has had symptoms since she was 19).

I'll rethink removing my fillings if suddenly I can't feel my feet or hands, loose my vision, or suffer an unexlpained case of Bell's Palsy...until then I'll have an unattractive mouth full of metal....you can only actually see my fillings when I laugh, and I really don't laugh much at all....so I'm not concerned about aesthetics

Candida is directly caused by mercury toxicity in the gut, and candida causes acne. In other words, it's actually candida that causes acne because it releases so many toxins and poisons, particularly if it's systemic.

That's why I put up the link by that dude Karl Loren...he explains the very specific link between candida and mercury. Add some antibiotics into the mix (which is exactly what ALL dermatologists do), and you've got a recipe for acne disaster. Looking back, this is EXACTLY what happened to me.

As for my MS symptoms, I wasn't officially diagnosed, they couldn't pinpoint the problem. Keep in mind though that I did have uveitis, which can cause blindness. This caused my cornea to swell and I would be in intense pain at times. I had 2 time periods of having MS symptoms, the second one worse than the first. With the second one, I was so scared that I did my own research and found a very powerful pycnogenol that they give MS patients in Europe. This was an all-natural supplement that worked so well that not only did it work on all of the numbness, tingling, tightening that I had in my legs and arms, but the uveitis went away and never returned. I was diagnosed with uveitis (the eye problem) in 1992.

I did test high for pcb's, copper, isopropyl alcohol, and mercury before I did a lot of heavy metal detoxing.

I also had very severe chemical allergies as well. I have none of those health problems at all currently.

One last thing LabGirl....I know a lady who had a friend with severe MS. She was in the bed paralyzed as well. My friend took her friend to a very good MD/Naturopath in Asheville, NC, and her friend was pretty much cured (all naturally) with the exception of some numbness in her right wrist.

She had some very extreme allergies, including to some of the detergeants and things in her home. As soon as she removed those things, and followed her doctors' advice, she was better.

It wasn't overnight or anything, but it can happen. Remember, she was in bed paralyzed.