Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dolo

TCA confusion

I hope someone can someone clear up something for me . . . Is TCA to be used on entire face or only in the scar itself? As I posted b4, I only purchased the 8% and was told it was safe for the whole face. But now I am confused bc I keep reading on here that TCA will make scars worse if used/touches outside the scar? Thanks a million in advance!

You are getting confused with TCA CROSS and TCA peel. They are both different treatments. TCA lower then 10% is considered safe for a full face peel.

I hope someone can someone clear up something for me . . . Is TCA to be used on entire face or only in the scar itself? As I posted b4, I only purchased the 8% and was told it was safe for the whole face. But now I am confused bc I keep reading on here that TCA will make scars worse if used/touches outside the scar? Thanks a million in advance!

Hey, I'm kinda new myself but as I understand it there's a difference between a TCA peel and a TCA cross...a TCA peel is something you would generally apply to your whole face, where crossing is a method where you only apply the treatment to specific scars, using a wooden applicator. I think Cross usually occurs at higher percentages of concentration like 50%, so I would think that 8% would be very mild and fine to do a peel with.

Hope that helps :)

Hey, I'm kinda new myself but as I understand it there's a difference between a TCA peel and a TCA cross...a TCA peel is something you would generally apply to your whole face, where crossing is a method where you only apply the treatment to specific scars, using a wooden applicator. I think Cross usually occurs at higher percentages of concentration like 50%, so I would think that 8% would be very mild and fine to do a peel with.

Hope that helps :)

Thanks everyone. Since its all new to me, these stories of scarring even more keep haunting me! So what do you all think works better, Jessner's or TCA? I am reading on derm sites that Jessner's is way less risky.

Ive had great results with full face TCA 15% peels. I've done a total of 2 full face and 3 spot treatments. I've done 2 Jessner peels as well. I find that TCA helps my scarring while Jessner tightens things up a bit.

Ive had great results with full face TCA 15% peels. I've done a total of 2 full face and 3 spot treatments. I've done 2 Jessner peels as well. I find that TCA helps my scarring while Jessner tightens things up a bit.

Hi Drewboy

You're a veteran. When is it best to use a peel vs. TCA cross vs dermabrasion? I'd appreciate your advice based on photos in link below. Thanks

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=67770