Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
accutaner

DO YOU HATE YOURSELF?

I am 16 years old,(a guy) I live in southern california with all the good looking people. But i don't fit in. I can't even talk to people. I am an EXTREMELY SOCIAL GUY. I can make a friend with ANYONE!. but I just don't even try anymore because of my acne. I hate it so much! I have wanted to kill myself before... but i haven't found a good way. I really want to be normal, and date, and go out with my friends and enjoy my teenage years, Acne has taken over my life!. I don't get it. I was prescribed accutane a few days ago (Nov 9) And I will hopefully be starting to take it tomorrow (Nov 14). I really hate myself though. I can't even look at myself in the mirror because I feel like killing the reflection. I have used multiple antibiotics and I COMPLETED each treatment. I used 2.5, 5, and 10% benzoyle peroxide. I have also tried ridiculous things such as sulfur and algae scrubs.... Anyway, I need help. I have resorted to starvation for my acne to get better. I don't know what to do. I really hope the accutane helps me. I hope some of you guys can help. Do you have a recommended cleanser that I should use while i'm on accutane? I was thinking of using Cetaphil's Antibacterial soap bar. Do any of you guys have secrets on how to wash your face? Is cold water better than hot? Rinse with hot/cold? etc? Is a lot of lather better or worse? Please help me... my derm gave me very ambiguous answers to my questions, I don't think he quite understands as well as you(my fellow acne sufferers) do. Anyway, I LOVE YOU ALL !!! I honestly am very VERY GRATEFUL to all of you who are a part of this online community, i hope i can turn to you guys in the future and thank you for helping me clear my skin.

WITH LOVE.....

-TOOUGLY

Hi!

I don't hate myself.. I hate my acne.. There's an important distinction there that should not be forgotten..

You're lucky to be able to make friends with everyone, I'm quite shy... I'm sure everyone misses the old you, let them have you back ;) Also, girls LOVE guys that can make them laugh, and you sound like that kind of guy.. For a lot of girls that's soo much more important than whether the guy has got acne , that he'll probably grow out of as well

I know what it's like, I've had acne for about 10 years (i'm 22).. When my friends and I go out, I hate looking at myself in the mirror, I avoid situations where people take photographs.. But I've also had two boyfriends, and both thought I was hot anyway :wub: so try not to think about it too much..

use a mild cleanser on tane.. as to the hot/cold water, I've only got my own experience here, but i think something in between is the best.. be gentle.. you're not washing the acne away.. too much irritation would only make it worse

I very much understand how you are feeling. I have been suffering from acne since I was 9 (I am now 23) and am going into my third month of accutane. My acne has actually gotten worse in terms of the superficial acne, but on the upside I have not had anymore deep painful cysts. Everytime I look in the mirror and see this mess of acne I remind myself that I am on accutane and that every day I am closer to freedom from this horrible disease.

I try to think of it as a short term problem that has an end. Remember...there is an end to this. Once you start taking the tane, be prepared for the side-effects, but remember that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

As far as the starvation, remember that Vitamin A (accutane) is a fat soluble vitamin and in order for it to work you need to eat. Make sure to take it with a meal that has adequate unsaturated fat...like a well-rounded meal. Dont scrub your face (a mistake I have been making) and use a mild soap or the cetaphil gentle cleanser. I have been usong a whote dove bar\ followed by cetaphil lotion and it has worked fine. You just have top try different thiongs out and see what works for you.

Have you ever seen a person who was very overweight or not very attractive but still had plenty of friends and always lit up a room when they walked in? It is all about personality, not what you look like. Those people are comfortable with who they are and dont give a flying shit what others think about them. From what you said, it seems like you are generally an outgoing person who lenjoys beign around people. Forget what others think. Your acne will be gone in four months. Not only that, the people you really want to be your friend will be there for you through this. Those who shun you through this are worthless to you. You will just be lucky enough to find out who they really are before you invest too mcuh time into the friendship. The same goes for the girls.

Your acne is not who you are.

You can make it through this...hell, WE can make it through this together!

I am 16 years old,(a guy) I live in southern california with all the good looking people. But i don't fit in. I can't even talk to people. I am an EXTREMELY SOCIAL GUY. I can make a friend with ANYONE!. but I just don't even try anymore because of my acne. I hate it so much! I have wanted to kill myself before... but i haven't found a good way. I really want to be normal, and date, and go out with my friends and enjoy my teenage years, Acne has taken over my life!. I don't get it. I was prescribed accutane a few days ago (Nov 9) And I will hopefully be starting to take it tomorrow (Nov 14). I really hate myself though. I can't even look at myself in the mirror because I feel like killing the reflection. I have used multiple antibiotics and I COMPLETED each treatment. I used 2.5, 5, and 10% benzoyle peroxide. I have also tried ridiculous things such as sulfur and algae scrubs.... Anyway, I need help. I have resorted to starvation for my acne to get better. I don't know what to do. I really hope the accutane helps me. I hope some of you guys can help. Do you have a recommended cleanser that I should use while i'm on accutane? I was thinking of using Cetaphil's Antibacterial soap bar. Do any of you guys have secrets on how to wash your face? Is cold water better than hot? Rinse with hot/cold? etc? Is a lot of lather better or worse? Please help me... my derm gave me very ambiguous answers to my questions, I don't think he quite understands as well as you(my fellow acne sufferers) do. Anyway, I LOVE YOU ALL !!! I honestly am very VERY GRATEFUL to all of you who are a part of this online community, i hope i can turn to you guys in the future and thank you for helping me clear my skin.

WITH LOVE.....

-TOOUGLY

Hi Accutaner.

Welcome to the board!

I have used accutane myself and it is a great drug.

Please remember that you won't feel like this forever, i too have felt like killing myself before because of spots but i would never do it. Life itself is too great.

I hope your dermatoligist warned you that you may possibly have a bad breakout of spots on Roaccutane before they get better? (This doesn't happen to everyone) If it does it means the drug is working! That is a hard time on Roaccutane, but when you see the results, it is so worth going through that!!!

When you wash your face use warm water, never hot or cold water. (This is because extremes of temperature will cause broken capillaries.)

Try and stay positive, and good luck with the treatment! :angel:

Guest Poker-Butt

no but i hate the skin on my face...it just wont stop acting up!

I do hate myself a lot of the time, I see myself as having bad genes. :wall:

Bad bad genes... bad bad bad bad bad bad :ninja:

I'm on accutane too, almost two weeks into month 2 and so far it's been a shitty ride, but I'm doing this cos someday my skin will get better.

SOMEDAY!!!!!! :pray: